What's new

Strategy Mileena Frame Data Conclusions - Blocked String Gaps

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
First of all, big credit to Somberness. I used his frame data to draw these conclusions.

This is a rough draft of a chart I made to show all of the frame gaps in Mileena's combo strings. ALL of her combo strings. I wanted to make these charts to see what strings are punishable, and what I can do to punish them. Some strings have large gaps. Some strings have gaps of only 1 or 2 frames. Unfortunately you have to know your own character's frame data to find out what you can punish with, but I plan on making these charts for as many characters as I can.

I want to point out though that just because something has a certain amount of frames in a gap, that doesn't necessarily mean that only moves of that amount of frames or less will win. Moves like mileena's d4 can throw things off due to having such a low hitbox, but this is a rare case.

Like I said earlier, this is a rough draft. If there's any erroneous information or anything that looks like a typo, let me know. If you have any suggestions to make this easier to read, I'm open. If you have any questions let me know.

Sasuga

Noob
Good job, man. I have a suggestion for readability, tho. Why not put al the strings in a table from top to bottom and then the moves you can cancel into from left to right at the top. Then put the gap info where they intersect.

eg.:

.... |sai | ex-sai | neck | ex-neck | etc | etc
d1 | 17 | 18 | ...

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Very helpfull. You should do the same with the rest of the cast. Realy good job. I can just print them out.What does ''gaps'' mean? That you can interrup between the hits on block? Like Raydens last hit on b312 with Cyber Sub's parry..................?!?!

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Why there is executions frame diffrents between strings like 11 and 112? Is it not the same 1? Shouldn't be the same start up frames? Can someone explane please , cause i see that even with the rest of the characters?

Sasuga

Noob
Roko1985 : Gaps mean that the block stun is shorter than the startup of the next hit in the string. True blockstrings don't have gaps.

The difference between eg. 11~sai and 112~sai is that there can be a gap (no true blockstring) before the sai comes out.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Good job, man. I have a suggestion for readability, tho. Why not put al the strings in a table from top to bottom and then the moves you can cancel into from left to right at the top. Then put the gap info where they intersect.

eg.:

.... |sai | ex-sai | neck | ex-neck | etc | etc
d1 | 17 | 18 | ...
Well, I could do it that way, but it would start to get really messed up when there ends up being 2 different gaps in 1 string. There would have to be a lot of notation and I think it would get messy. I figured this way the strings are laid out linearly so you can actually SEE the gap in the string.

Very helpfull. You should do the same with the rest of the cast. Realy good job. I can just print them out.What does ''gaps'' mean? That you can interrup between the hits on block? Like Raydens last hit on b312 with Cyber Sub's parry..................?!?!
Thanks a lot. I plan on doing it for every character that Somberness has cancel advantage on block data for. I already have Raiden and Reptile's up so far. Gaps means frame gaps. Meaning there is a certain amount of frames where you can do an attack. If there is a frame gap of 6 frames, then any attack that has a 6 frame execution will interrupt the string. But let's say theres a frame gap of only 5 frames. There are no attacks in the game that are only 5 frames as far as I know. So what this means is that this can only be punished by armored moves. If you do a perfect execution of a move that has armor, as long as the armor is active on the 6th frame, then the armored move will beat it out. Other than that, Raiden's teleport is a 1 frame startup so he can't punish the string but he can escape.

Why there is executions frame diffrents between strings like 11 and 112? Is it not the same 1? Shouldn't be the same start up frames? Can someone explane please , cause i see that even with the rest of the characters?
Although 1,1 and 1,1,2 have the same cancel advantage on block values, some strings have different values after the different hits within them, depending on what the string is. If you look at her 2,3,4 string, 2 has a cancel advantage on block value of +17. 2,3 has a cancel advantage on block value of +20, and 2,3,4 has a cancel advantage on block value of +24. These different values can result in gaps depending on which move in the string you cancel off of. If you look at the chart you can see what I'm talking about. And really I just wanted to list every single possibility according to the data because I like to be thorough.

Sasuga

Noob
Well, I could do it that way, but it would start to get really messed up when there ends up being 2 different gaps in 1 string. There would have to be a lot of notation and I think it would get messy. I figured this way the strings are laid out linearly so you can actually SEE the gap in the string.
Should be fine as long as you include the gaps in the dial strings and the frame data like you allready have.

Zangrief

Noob
WOW! I've been maining Millly since day 1 and I had no idea she was capable of doing all these things. I'm gonna study this chart hard and level up. Thanks a million!

the strings themselves have no gaps between and are at least 0 frame on block, her usable strings canceled into special moves also have no gaps. Her d4 into specials have no gaps. lol...

hey so if i understand this right, her landed d3 can be canceled into roll (hit cancel of d3 is +12 frames, roll is 12 frames), but when i try it in practice with "stand, always block" settting, opponent is already blocking the ball low after i land and cancel d3 into roll
please tell me what i counted wrong? does the roll come out in 13 frames insted of 12? if it's so, then 1 frame gap is enough for opponent to get back into blocking position?
is the D3xxRoll executable at all with real opponents? could be the fastest starter of her, and also a low..

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hey so if i understand this right, her landed d3 can be canceled into roll (hit cancel of d3 is +12 frames, roll is 12 frames), but when i try it in practice with "stand, always block" settting, opponent is already blocking the ball low after i land and cancel d3 into roll
please tell me what i counted wrong? does the roll come out in 11 frames insted of 12? if it's so, then 1 frame gap is enough for opponent to get back into blocking position?
is the D3xxRoll executable at all with real opponents? could be the fastest starter of her, and also a low..
cancel adv of +12 means you can get the roll out without it being stuffed by armor or a poke, not that the roll will combo.
there no really reason to cancel d3 into roll anyway,better wayt o use it would be d3 then backdash and roll you opponents whiffing countepoke.
also roll is not a low

cancel adv of +12 means you can get the roll out without it being stuffed by armor or a poke, not that the roll will combo.
there no really reason to cancel d3 into roll anyway,better wayt o use it would be d3 then backdash and roll you opponents whiffing countepoke.
also roll is not a low
Thank you.
Maybe my English is bad, I'm sorry if it is. I meant to ask why opponent (practice dummy) manages to be blocking low when Mileena rolls after cancelled D3. There must be a gap between D3 xxRoll (blocking animation is 1 frame, right?), so I'm sure I counted the frames wrong, otherwise there would not be any gap (+12-12=0), and opponent wouldn't have time for block animation.
If you could please tell me why it happens so?.. Just so that I understand the game mechanics better and never ask a noobish question like this :) It's the first fighting game I'm playing, and my girl brains are not making it any easier lol
Also, I know it doesnt count as a combo (yes, I tested it with never block setting too), and Im glad it doesnt, cause it would've been a terribly scaled combo - starting with a 1% hit :) I wish she had a quick low starter like D3 (even if technically it is not included into a combo by counter), because B3 is 3 times slower and easier for people to react to

1man3letters

Thank you.
Maybe my English is bad, I'm sorry if it is. I meant to ask why opponent (practice dummy) manages to be blocking low when Mileena rolls after cancelled D3. There must be a gap between D3 xxRoll (blocking animation is 1 frame, right?), so I'm sure I counted the frames wrong, otherwise there would not be any gap (+12-12=0), and opponent wouldn't have time for block animation.
If you could please tell me why it happens so?.. Just so that I understand the game mechanics better and never ask a noobish question like this :) It's the first fighting game I'm playing, and my girl brains are not making it any easier lol
Also, I know it doesnt count as a combo (yes, I tested it with never block setting too), and Im glad it doesnt, cause it would've been a terribly scaled combo - starting with a 1% hit :) I wish she had a quick low starter like D3 (even if technically it is not included into a combo by counter), because B3 is 3 times slower and easier for people to react to
never mind the frames,your opponent can block the roll because you cant link a combo off d3,

never mind the frames,your opponent can block the roll because you cant link a combo off d3,
It just came to my mind, maybe it works this way:
hit adv of D3 is just +2 (not +12, for example), and before roll connects with opponent he has 10 frames to do something,
or maybe cancel adv on hit must be more than 12 frames for roll to hit and to not let opponent get into blocking position
Have to google it more, but thank you for help anyway :)

1man3letters

It just came to my mind, maybe it works this way:
hit adv of D3 is just +2 (not +12, for example), and before roll connects with opponent he has 10 frames to do something,
or maybe cancel adv on hit must be more than 12 frames for roll to hit and to not let opponent get into blocking position
Have to google it more, but thank you for help anyway :)
hit/block data and cancel adv are both very different,if you go in the frame data thread theres a link called "how to understand this" just before theframe data. check it out