What's new

Mileena damage problem & variation ability values

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

Summary in text:
(sorry port formatting on phone)

Buffs that's been talked about so far since mileena release.

Making thunder roll grant a D2 before possible to break away

(I suggest thunder roll so random rolls from a distance still be breakawayable and to add more value to the ability, I talk on my opinion on the value of mileenas abilitys at end, like ideas for better value to air sai on three different levels or simple things like removing low sai / straight Sai conflict)

Thunder roll resets the kb throw timer so you won't be getting unbreakable combo into a KB throw

You can OS breakaway from roll currently to where mileena will always use the Bar, 2nd rollback will whiff and you will be reset some good distance away

Comparing spawn and scorpion break away damage to mileenas (these two chars seen most complained about people breaking away from there stuff.

Scorpion
B14launcher - 155
F42 - 155
11 - 145
F3 - 155
4 - 171

Spawn
34launcher - 160
11 - 151
F21 - 181
B1 - 157

Mileena
F1 - 67
11 - 84
B11 - 122
F43 - 146
34 - 142

Mileena has has less damage then the two most complained about sufferers of this issue

As mentioned in another thread here, she was tied 5th least used character in pro League so far, for a million souls crying for her return you think this would not be the case

@Tweedy @REO @Tom Brady @M2Dave
Just because I was mentioning stuff you guys said podcasts/twitter

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I part of me believes a million souls crying for her return is exactly why this is the case.

1man3letters

I part of me believes a million souls crying for her return is exactly why this is the case.
Yea get that just as many hate her as like her.

Although generally People that hate her from past games I find are the ones fond of the up button on there pads haha.

Another suggestion I forgot to put in vid that's been metioned here is to give run a KB from so many meters burned. That would help that damage issue aswell

that I was talking about f23 kB as well, I currently just use it as a second D2 kb so I think that could be given more value, is handy In a select number of mus though

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I mean that’s been one of the buffs I’ve suggested for a long time. I think assigning it to the rolling thunder ability gives the best of both worlds and causes more custom variety and utility.

I’m all for buffing customs of every character to make other options more viable.

1man3letters

I mean that’s been one of the buffs I’ve suggested for a long time. I think assigning it to the rolling thunder ability gives the best of both worlds and causes more custom variety and utility.

I’m all for buffing customs of every character to make other options more viable.
Yea man like said in the video, this is all from what other people are saying and what they want.

F12 and air tele should be air special ok. So the combo could be f12 xx air tele xx air sai (amp) xx dash xx f43 xx ender.

1man3letters

F12 and air tele should be air special ok. So the combo could be f12 xx air tele xx air sai (amp) xx dash xx f43 xx ender.
For how slow telekick is I dunno if f12 Tele would even hit.

The worry about giving her f12air sai is might push her 2 bar damage too high.
Eg. B11roll amp D2 f12 airsai amp 34 stabby etc. That push over 40 I'm guessing?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
And? Jacqui gets 34%+ unbreakable for two bars. You could break away from that Mileena combo after the f12.

Regardless, Mileena’s entire design is bizarre. The fact that she doesn’t get air sais in her kit automatically is a travesty in and of itself.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
For how slow telekick is I dunno if f12 Tele would even hit.

The worry about giving her f12air sai is might push her 2 bar damage too high.
Eg. B11roll amp D2 f12 airsai amp 34 stabby etc. That push over 40 I'm guessing?
I think that’s perfectly fine when you consider everything:

Firstly, if both changes were to be enacted, you can still break away after the regular ex roll and avoid all the damage, only rolling thunder would allow you not to break away

Secondly, you can’t combo d2 after rolling thunder so even that wouldn’t work; the full combo with rolling thunder would probably be 34%ish and there’d still be opportunity to break away.

Thirdly, you have to give up a kustoms slot for air sai in order for that to work. Think of the opportunity cost. If you’re equipping air sai, you miss out on rolling thunder, or stabbyscotch, or playtime strings.

Fourth, I don’t think 40% for two bars is honestly that much of an issue; especially with the multiple opportunities to break the combo would give. Shao khan, noob saibot, Jacqui - it’s not like she’d be alone in that level of damage for that amount of resources.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ball Roll is banned guys you need to start asking for Khanum Dash buffs
  • Projectile invulnerable during dash (like kotal’s cat dash)
  • 3 frame faster startup
  • add a KB for double amplify (either must amplify 3 times or must punish a projectile)
  • allow cancelling earlier in the animation (like 5-6 frames earlier)
  • increase damage (110, 150, 180 respectively for raw, 1st amplify and 2nd amplify)
  • make it -25 on block
Now you have a move worth taking away ball roll AND a kustoms slot.

1man3letters

I think that’s perfectly fine when you consider everything:

Firstly, if both changes were to be enacted, you can still break away after the regular ex roll and avoid all the damage, only rolling thunder would allow you not to break away

Secondly, you can’t combo d2 after rolling thunder so even that wouldn’t work; the full combo with rolling thunder would probably be 34%ish and there’d still be opportunity to break away.

Thirdly, you have to give up a kustoms slot for air sai in order for that to work. Think of the opportunity cost. If you’re equipping air sai, you miss out on rolling thunder, or stabbyscotch, or playtime strings.

Fourth, I don’t think 40% for two bars is honestly that much of an issue; especially with the multiple opportunities to break the combo would give. Shao khan, noob saibot, Jacqui - it’s not like she’d be alone in that level of damage for that amount of resources.

I just mean her damage at the minute when they cant break at 30ish is fine so getting her ceiling on damage raised isn't what's needed so getting the improvements wanted but not asking for more than what's "needed"

Excally in the same thinking of what your saying that D2 combos can't be done after thunder roll so it be giving a inch but not a mile kinda way ya know