What's new

Mike Caldwell and Mortal_Jason.....

MIKECALDWELL and mortal_jason .......
ok, creating this because after playing these 2 guys recently I have noticed a few things.
Ive noticed that instaed of trying to win a match, im trying to hit them even once without getting flawlessed
In my playing of MK2, I have never played anybody this good in my life.
either you 2 are some genius's or you both have a MK2 IV bags hooked up to your brains, idk...
Played Jason last night and found myself basically not knowing how to play the game, its insane.

you two simply have taken it to another level or something

props to both of you.
Ill give it another shot against yall tonight, maybe I can pull off a miracle and beat you two, or maybe youll beat my ass again and send me str8 to bed!

I have never ever played two players where you cant even do a single thing, out of all the players Ive played, you two are on some other shit

I really don't know what to say but thank you. I look forward to playing you again. I believe you said you had a mic right? Maybe next time we can discuss certain things as we're playing.
ill do much better tonight for sure, ha, you should have seen last nights matches with Jason, quite embarassing!!! he countered every single thing I did every single time, basically, I got beat so bad I had to question whether or not im even a MK2 player lmao

I cannot play on MKAK, broke peice of shit, nothing but wiffed upercuts.

ill do better tonight, yeah man, see you on later tonight

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Thanks dookiebrain. MKAK plays much different than the Mame version, so you're probably having trouble adjusting to it.
You won't find anyone better with every fighter than Caldwell. He makes it look easy and is so good with every fighter, that it can leave you scratching your head. I think Mike and I have always pushed each other to continue taking it up to the next level. I remember the good ole days when neither of us did IAF throws ;) Keep playing us, and you'll improve for sure.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

Frozen Death (ANTI-TIERIST)
I agree, those two always step it up. I feel like they just don't allow you to make stupid mistakes. Everytime the hit me it's because I did something dumb. They just force us all to play smart and that is what will make everyone better.

Thanks dookiebrain. MKAK plays much different than the Mame version, so you're probably having trouble adjusting to it.
You won't find anyone better with every fighter than Caldwell. He makes it look easy and is so good with every fighter, that it can leave you scratching your head. I think Mike and I have always pushed each other to continue taking it up to the next level. I remember the good ole days when neither of us did IAF throws ;) Keep playing us, and you'll improve for sure.
yeah thats what ill have to do, I think the realization is that I always need to be playing or ill fall behind, this game isnt a game where you can sit around for a year and still think your awesome. Ive fallen behind and ill have to improve greatly

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
...I think the realization is that I always need to be playing or ill fall behind, this game isnt a game where you can sit around for a year and still think your awesome...
I don't necessarily agree with that. Over the past year or so, I've played MK2 about as often as the online tournaments we host at TYM. I might play a week prior to an online or offline event, but it all comes back and before you know it you are picking up right where you left off. I'm not suggesting that you will whoop everyone just like you used to, but your skill level doesn't change. Playing a fighting game is like riding a bike or playing an instrument. Once you learn, you'll always remember it.

I don't necessarily agree with that. Over the past year or so, I've played MK2 about as often as the online tournaments we host at TYM. I might play a week prior to an online or offline event, but it all comes back and before you know it you are picking up right where you left off. I'm not suggesting that you will whoop everyone just like you used to, but your skill level doesn't change. Playing a fighting game is like riding a bike or playing an instrument. Once you learn, you'll always remember it.
you are right, HOWEVER, i firmly believe that certain play styles trend. In other words, if your not constantly playing the best, your skill does fade away as far as current play styles trending.

If I took a break in 09 and came back in 2010, the current trending styles would be different......iAF ect.....
so it does change.

another ex. analog inputs, thats pretty much a new trending style. you do have to keep up or youll fade (in my oppinion)

I agree with this. Especially regarding MK2. It's such a simplistic game that taking breaks really doesn't change anything. A few sets with good players and you're right back where you were.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Yep my sister goes months without playing, and she is just as tough when she comes back.

I agree about trends. Progresiveorange was the only guy that was doing IAFs when I got on PS3 in 2010.
After I figured them out on my own, and started developing a certain style with them, I think others started to see that she is close to a top tier player if utilized to her max potential.

Playing elites keeps your game very clean. It's been a long time since I did a set with someone really good in a fast, clear connection.
Unfortunately the PS3 servers for MK2 games don't feel it's important for us to play in REAL TIME.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

totally! I always wonder what all of these guys do for work, Jason's always posting at crazy hours so I think he might be a Vampire!

I think Jason and Mike need jobs, there unemployment is killing us in mk2 lol
;)
I do catastrophe adjusting. It's not a year around thing. I make enough in 6 weeks to last me the whole year, so I don't really push myself to make alot of money. I know Jason works regularly. I think it's a second shift, so he stays up late.

Sub0's-Icy-Balls

that's fucking rad man, I would love to just tell my boss to cut my salary in half and only work three days a week! Then I could surf all day and play mk2 all night four days a week!!!!!!

Am I the only I.T. tech on this forum? I work at Travelers, level 2 helpdesk, ASP support, Citrix front-end SQL back-end. VMware, Server 2003, 2008, 2012

lol. More commonly known as an insurance adjuster, but I'm independent, so I primarily work during heavy storm seasons. This is why I was in PA when you and David went to that tournament.
I support what you do, I support adjusters and their Technical issues while on the field, offshore and on shore. Travelers Insurance

Does anybody play the OG PSN version? I can't get MAME to work for some stupid reason, and I follow all the damn directions.

Does anybody play the OG PSN version? I can't get MAME to work for some stupid reason, and I follow all the damn directions.
Most of us have it, but it's pretty dead overall. I mainly play MKAK because that's where the most players are, but if you send me a friend request i'll play the OG with you.