What's new

Midway possibly working on glitches

People are saying it's fake, considering random select is UP A on XBL not Up Start... I'm sure they would know that :roll:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Definitely fake. I posted in there explaining a bunch of things and why they are the way they are, and what we'll probably or most likely not see patched.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It was supposed to be a response email riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

could u explain to me why this makes the whole post fake

5.Ramdom select doesn't work.

This is unfortunately impossible due to Microsoft having a TRC requirement for the Start button to be used to bring up the pause menu.

to me that makes complete sense although i do think its fake also

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Random select does work. Up+A. The very fact that they assigned a NEW button that wouldn't even make sense to the activate a function which start previously did and two additional buttons reused for other functions means they did put forth an effort with controller adaptation. They could have put in controller config from the start but they didn't. The ASSIGNED buttons. It's an outrage that this hasn't been addressed yet.

ok now that read that i understand i agree 100% if they HAVE to change the random button to A instead of START means that custom config could be possible but that also means that it can't simply because at the time of making this for XBLA and PS2 it was in the early stages and midway knew that microsoft wanted the start button for the menu's so they changed it in the early stages so it might be physically impossible to do it now that the game is out itself since they couldn't re program in a patch

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm just saying that the response of Midway agreeing that it doesn't work is an indication it's from a person who knows little about the actual problems, which also probably means it's just something the person who created it thought was real.

I was just continuing with the reasoning behind control config adaptation being entirely possible outside of laziness.

some say the post is real, some say its fake. THose who say it is fake point out questions that shake its credibility. A post created by a conspiracy? maybe. A conspiracy theory? maybe.

an MK conspiracy theory, cool!!

oh, and for random select, instead of changing things so up+A triggers it, the could have stuck with up+start. but used the select button to call the options menu, not the start button.

THey should have done this with MKII/mk3 on mat2 (I play this mk disc the most btw). The select button should be the button that calls the options menu, start should have it's same function as in the arcade. duhhhhhhhh! not too hard, no genius brain needed for that idea. people's stupidity annoys me sometimes. They should have had me manage the development of the mk3 arcade emulations. :lol:

Also, it would be real nice if they would fix the glitches on MAT2. re-release a fixed disc would be nice! I see they re-released MAT1 with a new packaging design, proving midway isnt afraid of re-releasing an old game.

oh and btw, microsoft is releasing the entire XBLA on disc to be baught in stores. It will include UMK3, im wondering if it will be the debbuged version. perhaps the glitch fix post isnt fake.

im might try and do the drmeal thingy to my s controller if they fix it, just to see the difference between the stick and so forth.

yes i honestly think evenually they will patch the game every game seems to get a patch at least once even geometry wars had gotten a patch and it has no multiplayer

I'm worried that the game might have already gotten a patch. I remember that I got my Friendship Achievement in Player Match versus when the game was initially released, but it must now be in Ranked matches I believe.

I'd really like at the bare minimum that stages be cycled in online multiplayer. I've gotten use to the controls, so control configs wouldn't be too useful for me personally. Unlockable characters also now have a simple workaround so it doesn't bother me too much anymore.

Without controller config, it would be pointless to allow third party controllers/sticks. Its like you have to go out of your way to have fun. When will MS realize one size DOESN'T fit all?

Microsoft does know that one size does not fit all. Its just that with UMK3, microsoft doesnt really give a rat's ass. To them, UMK3 really isnt much of a money maker. Only a minority of people are getting involved with UMK3 XBLA. the demand for it isnt high enough for them to care.

THe same reason the config is fvcked up is the same reason there are glitches and bugs. Microsoft doesnt care, and threw it together. But chances are good that a patch will be released tho.

kombat_veteran said:
Microsoft does know that one size does not fit all. Its just that with UMK3, microsoft doesnt really give a rat's ass. To them, UMK3 really isnt much of a money maker. Only a minority of people are getting involved with UMK3 XBLA. the demand for it isnt high enough for them to care
I'm not just talking about UMK3. The 360 has USB ports meant for controllers. Why cant I use a keyboard or X arcade stick?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are a lot of games with a fixed button layout for XBLA. I think they allowed you to change controls for SF2HF didn't they?

If I'm not mistaken it was only after it was patched (I could be wrong though).

A patch sweet though, we can only hope I guess, since they did patch SF2 after a whole bunch of complains by players.

Shock said:
Definitely fake. I posted in there explaining a bunch of things and why they are the way they are, and what we'll probably or most likely not see patched.
Its not fake par-say

its just not true

They aren't working on shit right now, but they are required to say that