What's new

Midscreen Trait usage. 50/50s!?

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Any alternative combo? I cant seem to hit his b3 after ex db2 consistently at all :(

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Any alternative combo? I cant seem to hit his b3 after ex db2 consistently at all :(
After furiously labbing these swagtastic gems, I had to face that same issue. I found that you can and should delay sword dance MB in just about every situation.

@EMPEROR PRYCE after any 212 xx bird, we can ji2 for a cross up, right? Just to further the bag of tricks??

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
After furiously labbing these swagtastic gems, I had to face that same issue. I found that you can and should delay sword dance MB in just about every situation.

@EMPEROR PRYCE after any 212 xx bird, we can ji2 for a cross up, right? Just to further the bag of tricks??
No ji2 cross up will only connect after 212 bird if the bird hits. Otherwise ull just fly over them.

Keep in mind you didn't turn training mode to competive mode, so that's a level 18 Robin hitting a level 1 superman ha the combo will not actually do that much damage

Most of the setups that I saw with robin are reactable, beside corner db3 in corner and low bomb and overhead sword on wake up setup (I think this can be reacted too also, since overhead sword is too slow and animation is very revealing)

Its sad

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Is this setup distance specific?

Seems in order to hit the b3, and to have the birdarang hit on call back, you have to be pretty much fullscreen on the b3.

Not saying it's bad, it's just going to be hella situational if I am understanding this correctly.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Is this setup distance specific?

Seems in order to hit the b3, and to have the birdarang hit on call back, you have to be pretty much fullscreen on the b3.

Not saying it's bad, it's just going to be hella situational if I am understanding this correctly.

W blue trait? Nah if ur too close to the corner you just use f3 instead.

Make sure you're using far distance trait as well. Hope this helps :)

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone

Any questions feel free to ask :)
I love these setups, but I've been running into the issue of delayed wake ups. It completely takes away the 50/50 and both options will whiff completely. I really don't think Robin is that great and will be looking at other characters. From what I've seen, most Robin players are getting away with sword dance on block and other silly things that will work for the first week/month, but will only get you killed later on, once people learn the character.

EMPEROR PRYCE

I love these setups, but I've been running into the issue of delayed wake ups. It completely takes away the 50/50 and both options will whiff completely. I really don't think Robin is that great and will be looking at other characters. From what I've seen, most Robin players are getting away with sword dance on block and other silly things that will work for the first week/month, but will only get you killed later on, once people learn the character.

The thing about delayed wake up is all hit confirming. You can stop your string early by seeing it whiff and still get the mix up. Plus I don't believe Robin is a mix up character, he excels at space control and forcing opponents to react. These set ups are just for funsies :)

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
The thing about delayed wake up is all hit confirming. You can stop your string early by seeing it whiff and still get the mix up. Plus I don't believe Robin is a mix up character, he excels at space control and forcing opponents to react. These set ups are just for funsies :)
There's no real mix though. I do agree that he's best used for space control, but he can't match other characters who have similar range on their normals and are faster. The best counter for Robin so far seems to be to simply walk back... Robin is just much too honest to seriously compete in this game imo.

Edit: Also, what is the use of his trait exactly if not to try and mix up people? I would prefer to use it as a pressure tool, but I haven't been able to find a single string cancel that doesn't get punished by an 8 frame move.

EMPEROR PRYCE

There's no real mix though. I do agree that he's best used for space control, but he can't match other characters who have similar range on their normals and are faster. The best counter for Robin so far seems to be to simply walk back... Robin is just much too honest to seriously compete in this game imo.

Edit: Also, what is the use of his trait exactly if not to try and mix up people? I would prefer to use it as a pressure tool, but I haven't been able to find a single string cancel that doesn't get punished by an 8 frame move.

IDK man. I've been having success vs high level competition with robin. Blue trait is decent for pressure b2 canceled into trait can't be punished so it's decent.

There's plenty better characters but he fits for me and I've been doing quite well. Just gotta find your niche bro.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Who really isn't honest in this game right now, though (at least as far as the tech we know)?

I feel like we have this old Injustice mentality where 90% of the top cast is broke. This is leading to lots of people downing their mains in their character forums. But the truth is.. Maybe there's a lot less outwardly broke stuff in INJ2 right now than there was in IGAU. And that as a result, many of these characters are actually fine just being "good" instead of "insanely dirty".

I feel like a lot of characters in INJ2 have at least one major weakness, and that was by design.

Last edited: