What's new

Midscreen cross up otg

I was messing around in practice and I noticed if you time the ji after her b3 right as the opponent hits the opposite wall and then delay 3-db3 till opponents is diagonally below you the dive will otg, cross up and quick stand opponent. The opponent can't tech roll or wake up if done right, and it will always cross up. On block, since it crossed up, it leaves you closer to the opponent and at an advantage.

The timing is pretty hard and I was getting it about half the time in practice so I'm not sure how practical this...

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You mean in the middle of a combo or off of a raw b3? I'll mess about with this when I get the chance

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
You're probably better off doing b3, dash d2, divepunch for mid-screen OTGs. The damage is probably not much different and it's easy to do. Off of a d2 you can also set one up by doing b3, f3, dash into cross-up divepunch.

If it's the d2 they can tech roll it and it doesn't cross up... But this is by no means something that's a bnb, If I'm trying to make a character not wake up consistently in order to prevent teleport away ill do the foxy bnb b3 f3 dash dive punch for now

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I myself can't hit this 100% but when I do get it I use it to mess with people:

Starter(b113/23/33), 23, b3, j3, dash under, insta-air db3

Basically you switch sides twice, after the dash under they think to block the other way but the db3 actually crosses them up so they have to block in the original direction they were blocking....if that makes sense

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
If it's the d2 they can tech roll it and it doesn't cross up... But this is by no means something that's a bnb, If I'm trying to make a character not wake up consistently in order to prevent teleport away ill do the foxy bnb b3 f3 dash dive punch for now
That's true. I always found it hard to get the cross-up divepunch off of b3, f3 but it might just be me. It seems like you can hold back and block it correctly 95% of the time.

So b113, 23, b3, dash d2, dive punch = cross up dive punch but can be tech rolled?

and b113, 23, b3, f3, dash, dive punch = cross up, cannot tech roll?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Ending with j3, dive bomb causes an OTG?
Yes, this setup is pretty strict but it leads to an untechable otg, you can otg off of any hit if you time it right. The dive bomb ignores the fundamental rules of invincibility on the ground so you can break the transition from the air to the floor before it becomes techable.