What's new

Mids

Jbog

Noob
When will nrs just face it and give all characters a fast mid the poking crap after minus moves is just annoying! Still happens even with poke adjustments no mids is the trouble

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Most pokes are like +13 or more on hit now. If you’re not able to jail into a high from that, that’s completely on you.

Jbog

Noob
Its not jailing off a poke i have any trouble with its a poke after a minus string im talking about

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Its not jailing off a poke i have any trouble with its a poke after a minus string im talking about
You have pokes yes? Use them. Once they respect the fact that you can and will poke back after a minus string, they’ll have to block; then they you can jail your highs.

If they refuse to not poke after a minus string, just take your free poke into pressure and call it a day.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Watch out for strings that are barely negative on block, (-3, -1, -5) A lot of times people will poke and steal turns on those specific strings. You have to make the read and blow them up with one of your strings if you can or just block the poke and take your turn back that way. Reversal grabs work pretty good as well, I hope this helps and Ive been getting kicked in the face by short hop attacks when I try to poke, so try that too.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I was going to say the same thing @XxTheGoblinX said. When you consider online lag and imperfect human reactions things that are technically "negative" don't always play out that way in a real match.

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
Usually when a khar has no good fast mid they have something else to compensate for it, right? And if you think having a fast good mid string is essential for your playstyle then pick khars that have it

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Define fast mid for me. Because if you think everyone should have a 9f, I disagree. If you think everyone should have at least a 13f mid, I agree.

It's genuinely a huge disadvantage when you're still having to check with pokes at -7.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Dear God no. Not everyone needs to play the same

I was going to say the same thing @XxTheGoblinX said. When you consider online lag and imperfect human reactions things that are technically "negative" don't always play out that way in a real match.
There's a 5 frame input buffer when you block something in this game. You have no excuse

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Dear God no. Not everyone needs to play the same

There's a 5 frame input buffer when you block something in this game. You have no excuse
Sure, but there's also things like online lag. Also 5 frames is like a 1/10 of a second window, that's still somewhat small. Not impossible, I'm just saying that sometimes in matches people's reactions aren't as quick or perfect as they think they are.