What's new

Midnight Release?

Will you being going to the midnight release?

• Absolutely and taking off a few days!

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • YES!

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Nah, no rush.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Owner
Administrator
Founder
This game better damn well have it... so, who plans on getting the midnight release and then taking off a few days? :)

:coffee:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This game better damn well have it... so, who plans on getting the midnight release and then taking off a few days? :)

I doubt it'll have one, it's a fighting game...if SF didn't have one, MK sure as hell ain't having one :( lol

But if it does, fuck yeah I'll be there!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator

It depends on the # of pre-orders and interest gained. GET PEOPLE TO PRE-ORDER! and by that, i mean Lamestop. :/

I doubt it'll have one, it's a fighting game...if SF didn't have one, MK sure as hell ain't having one :( lol

But if it does, fuck yeah I'll be there!
Both SF4's did at my old store, as well as most around the area too.

MKF30

SSFIV did have a midnight release.
It did? Hmm I stand corrected. Nice.

Usually fighting games don't have one since it's not an FPS lol you know COD and Halo now it's pretty much automatic.

But yeah, was this confirmed that MK9 will definitely have a Midnight release?

STORMS

Co-founder
Owner
Administrator
Founder
I remember how excited I was when MKDC came out and I went to that midnight release... gotta say, I was disappointed with that game from the start... but after playing it more and more I started to enjoy it.

MK9 is a whole new ball game though.... holy shit have things changed...lmao... shit, I didn't own a cab when MKDC hit. [Scheiss!]

DanCock

Cock Master!!
heheh i always get my games days sooner then most people.. i recall myself and P2W recording that Superman infinite 2 days before the "actual" release of the game.

for MK9, i will have to go to a midnight release at my local gamestop, this is only because i want the mk sticks. so i wont be kool this time like i was for the last 3 games when i got the games sooner then the actual release.

I remember how excited I was when MKDC came out and I went to that midnight release... gotta say, I was disappointed with that game from the start... but after playing it more and more I started to enjoy it.

MK9 is a whole new ball game though.... holy shit have things changed...lmao... shit, I didn't own a cab when MKDC hit. [Scheiss!]

i had the opposite reaction to MK vs DC, loved it at first hated it later on. that fucking 2.5 movement annoys the fuck out of me still..

MKF30

I hope there's NO line lol, fine by me. Let the game sell well over few months period like MKDC did, I want to go there, pick up the game, stick, KE and guide etc and bounce! lol

I went to a midnight release with my friends two years ago for MW2....line was half a mile long and waited there for 3 hours...:rant3:

Nah. I chose to pre-order from Amazon for more reasons than one. No crowds, no hassle, I get 20 bucks off my KE purchase (thanks to the gift promotion from my earlier purchase of CV: LoS last year) and I get that nice bonus of "Klassic Reptile", all on the same token. :D

Plus, I got enough of the "midnight launch hype madness" that ensued when the Dreamcast released so many years ago. There was a midnight release in my area, and since MvC1 and Soul Calibur were both launch titles, I guess they do count as my experiences with a fighting game launching at midnight. And I'll just say that after that was said and done, that was definitely going to be the LAST time I wanted to do anything of that sort ever, ever again. :invisible:

MKF30

All I know is after you wait in line for a COD(I went with pals to MW2) over 3 hours...lol) I can't imagine any fighting game being worse or near to that level lol. Besides, I just realized something...I pre-ordered mine at GS in my local mall, the GS in malls have midnight launches? hmm I'm going to have to ask about that

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
If there IS a midnight release, I am definitely down. Thing is, I pre-ordered my Tournament Edition copy at a Gamestop store in our local mall, which usually closes at nine in the evening. I'm gonna have to pay a visit and ask a few questions there, 'cuz I want this shit to be perfect and nothin' but. We're looking at a potential new generation of Mortal Kombat, people! Let's make this count!

MKF30

lol same here, I think if the one where I reserved mine closes at 9 that would be dumb on a "GS midnight release" but I'll find out, if they do then I'll be like ok give me my money back and just go across the street from the mall to one that does midnight releases lol

MKF30

Ok, so I called up my GS in my local mall and asked about both MVC and MK.

The guy said, happened to be a manager that both will have midnight releases, BUT he wasn't sure since this GS is in a mall if they'll be open for both. He said possibly MVC3(no word yet) but not sure about MK(in terms of the mall GS allowing them to be open for Midnight release.

However, I can worry not he said since there's a GS across the street(known for mn releases such as COD, Gears and Halo to name a few offhand) he said IF the mall GS is closed then to go over there, he'll be there for MK midnight and to just bring my thing with me! :)

Sweet!

If there is a midnight release I'll camp out lol.
I know the GS in the mall here does midnight releases, atleast they did for Fable 3 and some other game that came out at the same time

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
If there is a midnight release, I will deff be there for it. God, I hope there is...regardless, I am taking 3 days off for the release.

STORMS

Co-founder
Owner
Administrator
Founder
If my GS does a midnight release I'll wait by the door when they close, lmao. I'll keep myself occupied via my phone and tweeting. :)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I got in touch with the Gamestop store manager at the mall. I think if I recall correctly, they said they are not fully certain on a midnight release yet, but if there is one it will indeed be at the mall's Gamestop. Which is excellent! First-ever midnight release in my life, here I come!

I also took the opportunity to put down fifty bucks for the incoming Nintendo 3DS on reserve, since I couldn't resist, LOL. I'm a bloody gamer, damn it! But trust me, my entire focus is on Mortal Kombat and nothing but!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
I got in touch with the Gamestop store manager at the mall. I think if I recall correctly, they said they are not fully certain on a midnight release yet, but if there is one it will indeed be at the mall's Gamestop. Which is excellent! First-ever midnight release in my life, here I come!

I also took the opportunity to put down fifty bucks for the incoming Nintendo 3DS on reserve, since I couldn't resist, LOL. I'm a bloody gamer, damn it! But trust me, my entire focus is on Mortal Kombat and nothing but!
man i got enough $5-$10 preorders to buy 2 games in full haha

MKF30

If there is a midnight release, I will deff be there for it. God, I hope there is...regardless, I am taking 3 days off for the release.
lol I plan on taking that week off just for MK whether I'm working or not by that time lol. :)

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
If they had a midnight release I'd be undecided. I would wanna go but then again, I would wanna wait and avoid the lines. I do however wish Dead Space 2 was having a midnight launch :(

TWZTID

Noob
I really doubt there will be lines. On the SSf4 midnight release, I just walked in and out. Although, i did show up at 1030, there was no one even there at midnight. I just wanted to play the game before i picked it up.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Then again with how cold it has been outside I doubt I would go to it. Hopefully its way warmer in April. WAY WAY warmer

MKF30

Oh dude lol by that time, mid april? pftt I sure as hell hope it's warmer lol. I do agree with Twizted though, highly doubtful there will be a line. It's a fighting game lol, once I heard after asking around that SSF4 had no lines that makes me feel so much better....