What's new

Midnight/Early release for your area?

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
hi hi :B

I ended up calling my GameStop to ask if they're doing a midnight release for Mortal Kombat 11, and they said they're going to start giving out copies the day before release, starting at 9pm and ending eventually at midnight. Are any of your guy's GameStops doing this too? Will you be crazy enough to go?

ProudDisciple

Average at Best

I ended up calling my GameStop to ask if they're doing a midnight release for Mortal Kombat 11, and they said they're going to start giving out copies the day before release, starting at 9pm and ending eventually at midnight. Are any of your guy's GameStops doing this too? Will you be crazy enough to go?
Thanks for the info, I will definitely reach out to my GameStop to ask.

portent

Noob
Should have mine by the Wednesday/Thursday (latest of Friday, depending on delivery time) before release. Gonna have a great weekend that weekend!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Midnight release in my living room baby, digital all the way.

I do miss going to these stores and chatting with strangers who are as excited as me about the game. But alas, I don't live in a big city anymore and we don't have game stops or EB games here.

If buy it digitally I'll be able to play on April 23rd, but in 2020. So I pre ordered on Amazon, but they don't deliver at midnight :(

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
My GameStop has done midnight releases for every single NRS game that I can remember so I'm excited, but hopefully they do a release tournament this time.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
It really depends on my store. For now, it says that the estimative release date is May 2nd, lol.
I'm almost sure it's a placeholder date tho

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
I will! My GameStop is giving out scorpion face masks, and mk11 metal lunchboxes as well.
Nuts, really? I'll have to ask them about that particular promotion, I hadn't heard of it.
I'll probably go up to NY/NJ and get an early copy lololol
I've got a place that usually does games around 3 or 4 days early so I'll check that out
oh God, that early? Pls no spoilers then if you do get the game x3x

This is nothing new or unique to your gamestop. They've been doing this for all games for a few years now. I got injustice 2 the day before release day at 8 pm