What's new

Tech Mid bomb, F2 AA grab set-up

coolwhip

Noob

At around 8:55 in the above video. GGA HAN in the words of M2Dave, you are dirty.

Seriously though, I've never seen that set-up before (I could be wrong of course). Would appreciate it if you could explain it, and how it can be escaped after you land the F2 into AA grab.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
If the f2 hits you standing and a bomb is under you its going to launch. The only way i can think of to escape is a jump making the f2 either whiff or hit you airborne.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
If the f2 hits you standing and a bomb is under you its going to launch. The only way i can think of to escape is a jump making the f2 either whiff or hit you airborne.
If it hits you airborne the F2 xx AA combos haha.

This setup without the bomb is like +9 or 10 on hit, which is pretty nuts, it keeps them standing too I think so you get a free standing 1 (has to be blocked)

The best way to avoid it would be to just get the hell out of the way.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
If it hits you airborne the F2 xx AA combos haha.

This setup without the bomb is like +9 or 10 on hit, which is pretty nuts, it keeps them standing too I think so you get a free standing 1 (has to be blocked)

The best way to avoid it would be to just get the hell out of the way.
Yea i know the f2 may still hit but its much better than standing on a bomb after naked f2 hits. Rather eat f2 air grab than f2 bomb launch. The only problem is the air grab may throw you right back onto the bomb. But obviously if you can get out of the way you should and a jump back seems the safest option.

what I also saw recently that somebody used ex anti air to go through a move and whiff punish their move on the other side. does this move have armor on startup, I dont believe so but it was after cage did a f33b3 and dashed in with another f33 and it got punished after the attackl went through cyrax because of the armor.

edit: kind of like han uses it actually after watching this video

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
In the match that starts at 40:30, I use this trap a couple of times in a row. Its a very dangerous pattern when set up properly. One reason this trap works so well is that the f2 tends to make low pokes like d1 whiff during its startup frames.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
^nah this is a legit trap that actually has an escape and starts with 29 frame move.

NariTuba

disMember
GGA HAN your Cyrax is looking really good man! You have the best bomb game around for sure.

If I may offer some advice: you dont seem to be stand confirming your F2s. Everytime he blocks it standing he HAS to block the 1,2 followup, he cant even ExNP. Confirm whether he blocks it standing or crouching.

Good shit man

coolwhip

Noob
^nah this is a legit trap that actually has an escape and starts with 29 frame move.

It's an awesome set-up. Did you come up with it? The only reason I ask is not to start a whole "giving credit" BS thing again, but because I really think you're the most creative Cyrax player out there.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
It's an awesome set-up. Did you come up with it? The only reason I ask is not to start a whole "giving credit" BS thing again, but because I really think you're the most creative Cyrax player out there.
I might have come up with it, but its not like I care if people cite me as the source for such and such a set-up...everyone should use it, be cheap, and win!!!

coolwhip

Noob
I might have come up with it, but its not like I care if people cite me as the source for such and such a set-up...everyone should use it, be cheap, and win!!!
LOL. Well it is cheap as hell, but also extremely cool, which pretty much describes Cyrax as a character anyway. Awesome stuff dude.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I actually do this setup quite a lot, but I prefer F2-(cancel)-chestsaw. If they get hit by the chestsaw, they STILL get hit by the bomb. Also, if they BLOCK the chestsaw, it pushes them back far enough into the bomb anyway. I love this tactic.

NariTuba

disMember
I actually do this setup quite a lot, but I prefer F2-(cancel)-chestsaw. If they get hit by the chestsaw, they STILL get hit by the bomb. Also, if they BLOCK the chestsaw, it pushes them back far enough into the bomb anyway. I love this tactic.
I also like f2-saw but I think f2-aat is more consistent... depending on the position and timing, the saw grounded reset is hard to pick up after the pop up because of the recovery of the saw.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I usually launch a far bomb for my F2-(cancel)-chestsaw setup. (If they block, the chestsaw still pushes them into the far bomb.) You seem to prefer a mid-range bomb, right?

coolwhip

Noob
If anyone wants to see a follow-up to this trap in action, here is an example of someone trying to jump out of the trap at around 1:25 of the video:

This was among the brokest/dirtiest matches in MK history, and I mean that in the best way possible. So much bullshit, resets everywhere... god I love this game.