What's new

Microsoft Interested In Buying Batman, Mortal Kombat Dev WB Games - Report

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Gamespot is relaying the report that MS is interested in buying MK.

"According to business news publication The Information, "two people familiar with the situation" said Microsoft might be looking to scoop up WB Games, the studio responsible for publishing games like Batman: Arkham Knight, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Mortal Kombat 11, and others. A sale isn't imminent, according to the people, as AT&T is still weighing how to handle its $154 billion in debt."

Personally I'd be fine with that, but I see A LOT of people getting upset over this one.

@CrimsonShadow @STORMS

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
If Microsoft (they certainly have the cash to do it) going to buy WB Games it's goodbye MK on Playstation. Only Xbox and PC.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I had an XBox One for MKX. Second best pad I've ever used for fighters next to the PS2 pad. I wouldn't mind going back at all, although I'll almost certainly be joining the PC gang first so I can have Dead Space 2 in the highest possible definition.

If it means we get any iteration of MK VS KI, it's already a win.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'd be ok with this...
  1. KI vs MK confirmed
  2. We can finally abandon playstation completely when they make it a exclusive.
  3. Xbox and Windows have built in cross play and the architecture is getting more and more identical, so perfect PC port, day one patches for PC and PC players get the full multiplayer experience.
  4. Less lame movie tie-in special guests as WB already own the rights and M$ doesn't.
Of all the bullshit, never going to happen, what a load of crap rumors I have heard recently, this is my favorite one.

Thingy

Retired account
I would be more comfortable with Microsoft owning MK than the other candidates. So much potential there. I always plan on getting both consoles every gen, and this gen it will be easy with the cheaper digital only versions.

Microsoft could really compete with the PS5 if they get WB Interactive.

DeftMonk

Noob
Tell them to buy namco and arcsys too. Then I will for sure be getting an xbox next gen lol. Also bring Fgc to Xbox so KI can finally get the attention to the level it deserves.

Thingy

Retired account
Tell them to buy namco and arcsys too. Then I will for sure be getting an xbox next gen lol. Also bring Fgc to Xbox so KI can finally get the attention to the level it deserves.
XBox really needs to appeal to the FGC this gen. KI would get way more shine for sure.

DarkSado

Noob
I am sorry I rather EA buy Mortal Kombat, Microsoft I mean look what they did with rare LMAO!

Edit: I take it back they all ass Sony plsss

Last edited:

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Why is it Shit Box when MS hasnt even launched their system yet? Specs supposed to be better than PS5, and they're offering game pass. Im on PS4 this current gen, but completely open to whoever brings the better selection of games to the table. Being a blind fan boy to a corporation is asinine.

360 shat all over PS3, and it's quite plausible that they do it again.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
lmao at people being happy Microsoft potentially buying NRS.

Enjoy a MK game every 20 years made by different developers since NRS wont exist anymore because their Kinect 3 games didnt sell.

While 2K is scummy too atleast NRS and MK would have a healthy future without any platform restrictions and MS terrible "we just make games to sell you a subscription" mentality.

Best case scenario of course would be NRS just self publishing Mortal Kombat without any overlord.

Last edited:
At least Japanese developers start incorporating rollback netcode into their games, so if MK goes to Xbox, that's goodbye Mortal Kombat for me and I have something else to play.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Sony has more fighters because it sold better. Next gen is a few months away and 99% of fighter development is moving there.

Your PS4's will become doorstops in the next 2 years and Sony doesn't have the best track record with BC.

Have fun

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have no issues with Xbox, its a great system. But the produced one mediocre Halo game in The last 8 years and that is their killer franchise. Meanwhile Sony came out swinging with Uncharted 4 early in the life cycle, had Horizon Zero Dawn shortly after, Spider-Man and God of War in the same year, now at the very end of the system's life cycle theh have The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima back to back? I'd rather it go to someone who knows what they're doing with their exclusives. Ideally just be multiplatform still.

I have no issues with Xbox, its a great system. But the produced one mediocre Halo game in The last 8 years and that is their killer franchise. Meanwhile Sony came out swinging with Uncharted 4 early in the life cycle, had Horizon Zero Dawn shortly after, Spider-Man and God of War in the same year, now at the very end of the system's life cycle theh have The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima back to back? I'd rather it go to someone who knows what they're doing with their exclusives. Ideally just be multiplatform still.
Yup sony has damn good exclusives

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
damn, what hell of fuck situation .....

Microsoft, despite being the most rich of all and having the cash, even more than the others contenders here (Take Two, EA and Activision), is a crap of company when regarding games .... they cannot compete well in this field, I mean, they have the resources, the techonology, but cannot do well .....

first, they cannot make triple AAA games with the same epic quality of Sony .... all they do is Forza, Halo and Gears games from time to time, and so, that's it .... they taking control of NRS , would be a disaster for MK, they would make it exclusive to new Xbox, what would be the dead of the franchise ..... because all the competitive level for MK , it's on the Sony\Playstation player base

would be much better if Sony, Ubisoft, Koei Tecmo or CD Projekt Red would be interested on entering this fight and make their offer and so, buy NRS from WB ..... sure there is none game company 100% good and honest in the business, in the end, is all about money and profit, but these ones here, I'm sure , would be better for the future of MK series franchise

let's pray and wait what the fuck is going one and happen, wow !

damn, what hell of fuck situation .....

Microsoft, despite being the most rich of all and having the cash, even more than the others contenders here (Take Two, EA and Activision), is a crap of company when regarding games .... they cannot compete well in this field, I mean, they have the resources, the techonology, but cannot do well .....

first, they cannot make triple AAA games with the same epic quality of Sony .... all they do is Forza, Halo and Gears games from time to time, and so, that's it .... they taking control of NRS , would be a disaster for MK, they would make it exclusive to new Xbox, what would be the dead of the franchise ..... because all the competitive level for MK , it's on the Sony\Playstation player base

would be much better if Sony, Ubisoft, Koei Tecmo or CD Projekt Red would be interested on entering this fight and make their offer and so, buy NRS from WB ..... sure there is none game company 100% good and honest in the business, in the end, is all about money and profit, but these ones here, I'm sure , would be better for the future of MK series franchise

let's pray and wait what the fuck is going one and happen, wow !
Maybe this is why nrs and Ed Boon has been going balls to the walls for mk11 and possibly a second expansion pack because of the uncertainty that the fans will get another good mk game if this falls through? Were getting way more DLC characters

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
If this means MK becomes Xbox console exclusive, I'm gonna weep. Like a little bitch.
But the premise of an MK vs KI game is intriguing!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Maybe this is why nrs and Ed Boon has been going balls to the walls for mk11 and possibly a second expansion pack because of the uncertainty that the fans will get another good mk game if this falls through? Were getting way more DLC characters
hmmm ..... perhaps you're right, this make sense .... :rolleyes: