What's new

Microsoft goofed - Raiden available now on Xbox!

WynterEnd

Your sacrifice honors me!
Like the title says, somebody screwed up at Microsoft. Download him fast before they fix their mistake!

Tweedy

Noob
We got an update yesterday and he's been on xbox since midnight. Very unlikely that it's a mistake.

Tweedy

Noob
Pretty sure it is. Store says release date is 10/10. No watchtower yet. Not on PSN yet. No official tweets saying he's available. Yet I just installed him and am in practice mode with him right now
Was 10/10 ever announced as the date by NRS? Could just be a placeholder. Anyways I doubt the update that dropped yesterday was just for shaders and to add a "punish" indicator. Maybe they decided to not do a stream because there was a lot of backlash from the hardcore community when they announced a 2nd mk character, and after all it is the hardcores that watch the watchtower.

Just speculating because this seems like too much to be a mistake.

WynterEnd

Was 10/10 ever announced as the date by NRS? Could just be a placeholder. Anyways I doubt the update that dropped yesterday was just for shaders and to add a "punish" indicator. Maybe they decided to not do a stream because there was a lot of backlash from the hardcore community when they announced a 2nd mk character, and after all it is the hardcores that watch the watchtower.

Just speculating because this seems like too much to be a mistake.
That's possible, you could be right. The lack of any official announcements seems suspicious tho. And the Raiden trailer does say "October" at the end. I really think this is a HUGE goof (probably on the Microsoft end - not NRS)

WynterEnd

His F3 is amazing. It's his MKX overhead, the double slap. Like Cheetah it hits twice! 30 frame startup, but double hitting and plus 5 ok block

Tweedy

Noob
That's possible, you could be right. The lack of any official announcements seems suspicious tho. And the Raiden trailer does say "October" at the end. I really think this is a HUGE goof (probably on the Microsoft end - not NRS)
Well the other DLC did drop first on xbox and at midnight or so. If he's not on psn by the end of the day, we'll have our answer.

Edit: Or whether he is or not by the end of the day, I should say.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
This is for sure not intentional lol, they've added character files in past patches as well but they've never released a character the same that patch hits. Never mind his date already being announced as "in October". Xbox always seems to be involved with either characters getting released earlier than they should or characters showing on the Xbox store too early.

SunsetBlvd

Proven Nappa GOD, 100% VERIFIED Best Nappa NA
usually the character is on the inventory screen and has a placeholder on character select when it's about to come out. not the case here on psn. it's definitely a fuck up, but they better release him on psn now anyway or people are gonna be pissed lol.