What's new

Micro duck + flawless block OS tech

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
so I don't know how many already know this, but when trying to flawless block reversal you can manipulate the outcome if your opponent decides to not press a press a button and it's dependant on the order your pressing the inputs for the u2 reversal. these are the different types of attacks you can do on with the input sequences:

1. block, release block, u+2 => instant neutral jump punch (worst scenario)
  2. block,release block,slightly tap u,2 => shorthop 2
  3. block,u,release block, 2 (+the rest of the string) => the string coming from 2
  4. block,u+2,release block, instantly press block => you keep blocking
now combine this with a micro duck, where you try to duck as little as possible you can cover a lot of options if you're not sure if your opponent tries to reversal throw you or goes for pressure

here is an example:

my execution is actually pretty bad on this one and I can't really record it the way I want so I can't show all options but you get the point.
what I'm doing is after jokers 123 I do this sequence: down, instantly press (block,u,release block,214), block
this allows me to cover these options:

reversal throw: neutral duck into 214 punish
a button slower than 6f and in the fb window: u2 reversal punish, the rest of string input cancels out due to the hit animation
a button outside the reversal window: block
not pressing anything: 214 comes out

of course you can be interrupted between you blocking and inputing the string coming from 2 and also if your neutral ducking your opponents jab string where the second hit is a mid and comes out faster than your 2 string (like subs 21).
this is also highly dependant on your reversal attacks and which strings are attached to the buttons. some characters have slow u2 and have to use u3 without having a string attached to it. in this case you can only do shortup 3 as a neutral crouch punish for throws.

I'm pretty sure this can be helpful for some characters, you obviously can't do it all the time but it's a nice tech to know how to do in this specific situation imo.

Last edited:

Blewdew

Wait, you can flawless block by pressing 2 first and then up after?
I don‘t know they Definitely don‘t have to be pressed at the same frame otherwise the os wouldn‘t work. Because of this little gap you can have between u and 2 you can cancel out the jump by holding blocking while you‘re pressing u, release block and then press 2. it has to be done really quick though.

Blewdew

Wait, you can flawless block by pressing 2 first and then up after?
maybe this helps to understand what I mean. it's hard to see in the inputs on the side because it happens so fast but basically what I do is block, press up as I release block and then press 2. my character now doesn't jump anymore because I pressed up while still holding block and just does the 21 string. the input basically is [block,up+release block,21,block]. now you u2 reversal when you flawless block, continue blocking when mistiming the flawless block or do the 21 string when your opponent respects you too much.
with that said you can try to swap 2 and up with this but I don't know if it actually works and even if it does you'd cancel out your 2 button and just empty neutral jump I'm not sure how helpful this would be.