What's new

Breakthrough - Summoner METERLESS Trance Guaranteed Bat Vortex

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Theory:
So, when meterless trance is hit at max height Quan gets more advantage during the actual trance, allowing him to get a bat summon and follow up the combo just like pre patch. He has enough time to guarantee a S4, or D3 for easier execution, after bat summon which then guarantees another mixup. This means that from most of his starters he still has all the exact same dirt as pre-patch, he's basically just had the most severe damage nerf in MKX as it's been nearly halved.

Clips:
Now I will show you the most practical uses for this, the starter will be listed beneath the clip.

Any StarterxxSkull - Corner [BAT] [OPTIMISED]

Any StarterxxSkull - Corner [BAT] [EASY]

B324 - Corner [BAT] [EASY]

Any StarterxxMbRune - Corner [NO BAT]

Any StarterxxSkull - Midscreen [BAT]

And a final one which I forgot to record:

B324, NJP, RC, S1~Trance, BatSummon, D3/S4
Works midscreen or in the corner, no bat required.

There may be a couple of starters I missed, and it just might not be completely optimised just yet, but I think this has amazing implications for Quan. This takes the edge from how meter hungry Quan has become since the last patch as you don't really need to spend meter for set play like we first thought. While against characters with slow armour it's probably better to go for damage and the KD every time, this will definitely come in handy in a lot of MUs.

And just for the luls, here's Quan jailing a 50/50 off a fullscreen ExSkull:

@STB Shujinkydink
@RM NoBrows
@michaelangelo
@legion666
@Israfel
@Insuperable
@Other Quan Mains

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Not surprising that this is possible honestly, and could be a big coup for Summoner as this could give him access to safe meterless 50/50s all over again. But with the damage nerfs and damage sacrifices required to set this up, it might not actually spiral out of control like it did for pre-XL Summoner.

Good stuff Tile.

I love you for this
I'll try to find something for sorcerer
This has already been applicable to Sorcerer, you can use this tech to the same effect for activating a purple spell during trance and continuing the combo afterwards.

Arzumis

Noob
Not surprising that this is possible honestly, and could be a big coup for Summoner as this could give him access to safe meterless 50/50s all over again. But with the damage nerfs and damage sacrifices required to set this up, it might not actually spiral out of control like it did for pre-XL Summoner.

Good stuff Tile.

This has already been applicable to Sorcerer, you can use this tech to the same effect for activating a purple spell during trance and continuing the combo afterwards.
You could combo from purple spell from regular standing trance i want to try to find meterless chip setup