What's new

Tech Meterless Cyrax death trap vs Sektor

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
sektor beats cyrax 6-4, they said
Me and Mustard reckoned it was always a 5-5, I don't see why Cyrax would lose to Sektor considering the meter drain, and the fact sektor can't use his meter on anything other than breakers.

IATU is good yeah, but at sweep distance it's really risky to do, I always found the net would trade in the footsie game more than the ranged game, And sektors footsies are vital.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
Good stuff, J.

Just one question, and I hate asking because I hate when people ask me this. But was this only tested against the computer? The AI doesn't have correct wake-up invincibility frames, so most moves stuff wake-ups that shouldn't be stuffed. For instance, I tested this with Red Reaper and he has enough wake-up frames to get out using both Ex Flame and Tele.

We tested this because we felt we actually tried B2 as a corner trap once. When I made the Sektor corner trap videos, I almost swore I tried every variation of normals to corner rape Sektor.

Anyway, let me know if you get a chance to test it with someone. I haven't been as active here, but those are my 2 cents. Sorry for the late post.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Good stuff, J.

Just one question, and I hate asking because I hate when people ask me this. But was this only tested against the computer? The AI doesn't have correct wake-up invincibility frames, so most moves stuff wake-ups that shouldn't be stuffed. For instance, I tested this with Red Reaper and he has enough wake-up frames to get out using both Ex Flame and Tele.

We tested this because we felt we actually tried B2 as a corner trap once. When I made the Sektor corner trap videos, I almost swore I tried every variation of normals to corner rape Sektor.

Anyway, let me know if you get a chance to test it with someone. I haven't been as active here, but those are my 2 cents. Sorry for the late post.
thats the proper question to ask haha.

I mention it in the first post but pretty much you're spot on. AT the time i wasn't aware of the differences in invincibility for both the AI and the Human. The trap is still do able but has to be timed differently which would just make it a read, not a trap. Without meter this is legit, with meter it becomes a setup. If you delay the back two then you can still hit the tele, if not you can always go for the deep d4 AA grab to possibly make it whiff and punish. Ill release a much tighter version of it that i have within the next few days, i havent played mk at all

Actually yes regardless of meter

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2
I realize that no one is playing this game in the US anymore, But me and my friend have tested this lately because as a Shang main that bothered me for a long time. And even more after I heard @WoundCowboy speak about Cyrax having ifinite in the corner on Shang on the KTP. Not sure if Cowboy was speaking about the set up in the video above but This isn't an infinite If Shang has a bar of meter. All you need to do is block D4 xx Net as you stand up and immediately after that do the EX Soul Steal. Its armor will eat the bomb and you will hit Cyrax with it in the recovery from shooting a Net. If Cyrax delays the bomb after hitting Shang with a hard knockdown you can either jump out or wake up Soul Steal immediately. If he delays the D4 xx Net after setting up a bomb you still can jump out.It becomes a guess. So it isn't an infinite if Shang has meter. Sorry for bothering everyone if no one gives a shit:)