What's new

Tech - Sonya Blade Meter usage with Sonya

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
So for everyone that has used Sonya you probably may have noticed that she requires no meter at all to do combos.
Here are the things i use my meter on.
Using meter on breakers is a given.
I will be breaking this post down by variation.

Covert Ops:
You can't ex any variation specific moves so the only things I use meter on is ex armor moves (leg grab and arc kick) and x-rays.

Spec Ops:
In this variation i do the same thing as covert ops except i see myself using more ex projectile (forgot the name) when i shoot a homing missile and i want to tack on extra chip.

Demolition:
Ex grenade drop is really helpful when the opponent is in mid range and you know they're not gonna let you refill your grenades. You can also use it offensively on knockdown and get free pressure on block or a free combo on hit. I don't use armor moves as often due to having a free get up move with the grenades.

ex leg grab:
ok so it has armor but it is also a veeeeery good armor breaking move. If your opponent does a move and you do ex leg grab you win, even if your going up against a move with a long animation. If that wasn't good enough it also grabs airborne opponents. You can even grab ex uppercut moves. i haven't been hit out of cartwheel yet, i usually end up getting the grab. I think ex cartwheel as a counter move will become very prominent as the game progresses.

Hey man, nice thread! The sonya forum has been light so far, but that's how I like it. Hopefully we can really unlock her. I just wanted to correct one thing, and that would be that Covert Ops has EX parry. This leads to two extra options, one of which being a BOUNCE for combos, leads to extra damage, too. It's most likely how she gets her most damaging combos off. Haven't tested it much yet, but have seen the damage increase during player matches.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Hey man, nice thread! The sonya forum has been light so far, but that's how I like it. Hopefully we can really unlock her. I just wanted to correct one thing, and that would be that Covert Ops has EX parry. This leads to two extra options, one of which being a BOUNCE for combos, leads to extra damage, too. It's most likely how she gets her most damaging combos off. Haven't tested it much yet, but have seen the damage increase during player matches.
daaamn i totally forgot about. it was probably because you have to have a solid read when using that move....but you do get much better damage off of the ex parry than regular combos.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
So far I like saving up meter for Xray in Spec Ops so I can get drone safely. You can combo after it with: Xray Run~b2 2134 Summon Drone

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Sonya is flying wayyyy under the radar... She is a beast. Seems like she is suffering from the same start she had last game.. History does repeat itself. Don't forget to meter burn her projectile.. While it only gets a bit wider, it smokes the hell out of many other projectiles and will hurt like hell too

Death

Noob
I like to use meter mainly for the X-ray and breakers. Her wake ups are terrible but you can throw out the EX grab once in a while to keep the opponent in check.

Dedlock

Noob
Meter is saved up for xray, I feel invincible with a full meter knowing I can do whatever I want escape punishment with a well timed xray.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Meter is saved up for xray, I feel invincible with a full meter knowing I can do whatever I want escape punishment with a well timed xray.
Sonya with full meter is about the scariest opponent to fight. Knowing in the back of your head if you make a mistake you are going to lose 50% of your health in an instant.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Sonya's parry can stop Raidens glide. Im Going to check some other charge characters moves the next time I can get on.