What's new

Meter Usage and Clashes

Probably already a thread about this or doesn't need a new thread, but here it goes anyway.

Do you spend 4 bars of meter to do 33% DAMAGE? Or 3 to do 30%? Or 2 to... So on and so on.

I see a lot of players, mostly bad, but some good(relatively for online), spend all or most of their meter to do 33% or less damage. I know it is guaranteed damage, but most choices seem like a huge waste. Maybe 1 bar for 15% is ok, since that is similar to a MB projectile or similar ability, but unless you are going to put the opponent at that last sliver of health, then I don't really see the point.

I am starting to clash more regardless of my meter simply to watch them burn an extra bar for that extra 5% or 3%. Makes me smile every time and it hasn't really backfired yet, but of course I don't do it in a 'serious' match or when I am too close to death.

Thoughts?

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
It always depends on the situation. No one is going to have a proper answer for this.
If you use the same amount of meter everytime, you're bad at wagering.

Depending on the opponents BnB you have to adjust your wager based on their potential damage on defense. Like if you get caught by flash with his mb LK and he traits that is an additional 30% damage you would take if you ate the combo.

Also meter usage is dependent on the character you use. If I was that Flash player I would burn up to +3 meters knowing that I can do steady damage without meter if I needed to. Some characters require meter to keep people off of them etc. There is quite a depth to wagering and so far there is never a "best" wager amount in any given situation for all characters.