What's new

General/Other - Metallic Metallic Variation Discussion Thread

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Yea, restands tho, opop
yeah i think thats that part that people really sleep on

Tremors big problem is no mids. if you restand people point blank (12~shatter does a good job) then you negate that problem entirely. You can force people to block your pressure if you are constantly restanding them right in front of you. Once you mix in shatter cancels to extend the pressure and vary up ending in cookie/bf2/and punch you can start cracking their defense and hitting the absurd damage tremor can get. right back into the restand. Its good.

InFlames

dead
@ShrekForXbox

heres a copypaste of max damage lava bnbs you should use, im missing the f121 midscreen combo but I cant remember it atm

MIDSCREEN (all guarantee free f121 after restand)

21d4xxup punch, f3xxrolling magma x3, 21xxshatter
f12 or b33xxrolling magma, f3xxrolling magma x3, 21xxshatter

ex up punch, rolling magma x3, 21xxshatter
far ex up punch, f3xxrolling magma x3, 21xxshatter

CORNER

starterxxbf4, 4xxup punch, f4, 123xxshatter (21d4xxrolling magma doesnt work on goro)

21d4xxup punch, 4xxup punch, f4, 123xxshatter (bnb for goro, does 1% less)

21d4u4 or b1d4u4 or f121xxrolling magma, 4xxup punch, 123xxshatter

21d4u4 or b1d4u4 or f121xxrock cancel, f1xxup punch, f4, 123xxshatter

ex up punch, 4xxup punch, f4, 123xxshatter

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
@ShrekForXbox

heres a copypaste of max damage lava bnbs you should use, im missing the f121 midscreen combo but I cant remember it atm

MIDSCREEN (all guarantee free f121 after restand)

21d4xxup punch, f3xxrolling magma x3, 21xxshatter
f12 or b33xxrolling magma, f3xxrolling magma x3, 21xxshatter

ex up punch, rolling magma x3, 21xxshatter
far ex up punch, f3xxrolling magma x3, 21xxshatter

CORNER

starterxxbf4, 4xxup punch, f4, 123xxshatter (21d4xxrolling magma doesnt work on goro)

21d4xxup punch, 4xxup punch, f4, 123xxshatter (bnb for goro, does 1% less)

21d4u4 or b1d4u4 or f121xxrolling magma, 4xxup punch, 123xxshatter

21d4u4 or b1d4u4 or f121xxrock cancel, f1xxup punch, f4, 123xxshatter

ex up punch, 4xxup punch, f4, 123xxshatter
What do you usually do after you restand personally?

InFlames

dead
When do you tend to start mixing and what's your go to mixing strings/specials? If you don't mind me asking.
tremor isnt much of a mixing character. the only 50/50 i go for is 212/21d4 since its the only real 50/50 he has. it jails in the corner easily but not midscreen so you have to get them to respect f121 before trying it.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
When do you tend to start mixing and what's your go to mixing strings/specials? If you don't mind me asking.
overhead punch and cookie are not true mix up options, you can crack defense with them but what is really happening is they are just blocking wrong. they are reactable. The only true 50/50 is 212 21d4, as inflames said.

but people still like to push buttons when it isnt their turn and still fuck their blocks up if they are trying to read ahead and you remain unpredictable.

Shatter cancels, and letting it rip, along with mixing up when you throw the cookie and punches is what will break people.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is the frame data for Lava Drop incorrect? It doesn't seem to have anywhere close to 11 Block Advantage or 30 Hit Advantage.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Is the frame data for Lava Drop incorrect? It doesn't seem to have anywhere close to 11 Block Advantage or 30 Hit Advantage.
Alot of projectiles have suspect frame data. Up rock is kind of weird because while Tremor can jail stuff like 10 frame standing 2 after you have to already be buffering/inputting the move before Up Rock hits. So it may be plus 2 or some shit(completely pulling that number out of my ass) but you can move before it hits so you can jail stuff with it.

Plus thirty hit advantage seems about right though. You can wait till it hits then still combo with his 26 frame f3.

BxKeyz

Noob
yea im sorry about the first few segments of this vid, i uploaded by mistake because you cant really armor break with that set up anymore but you can apply the segments after the armor breaking set ups. so sorry about that...but i do have more tech that i recently posted for tremor after oct4. 2016

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
yea im sorry about the first few segments of this vid, i uploaded by mistake because you cant really armor break with that set up anymore but you can apply the segments after the armor breaking set ups. so sorry about that...but i do have more tech that i recently posted for tremor after oct4. 2016
It still breaks some armors and if the opponent has no armor they eat a hard to blockable which is still quite good.