What's new

Merciless spear - the best projectile?

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Why?
  1. It does more damage than most other projectiles (80 damage)
  2. Gives you massive advantage on hit (34 at fullscreen, while being 31 frames of start-up+recovery) so it is always your turn
  3. Has arguably the best projectile animation in the history of fighting games
It is now time to use it. Down is the list of projectiles damage when opponent is at fullscreen.

Baraka sparks - 70, 136.5 amp
Cassie - high shot: 74, 160 amp; low shot: 60
Cetrion - tentacle: 20; boulder: 90; geyser: 55; shattering boulder: 70
D'Vorah bugs - 60
Erron bullets - 40-60
Frost - stars: 70, 144.96 amp
Geras - low sand: 50; sand pillar: 70
Jade - rang: 60, 111 amp; low spark: 60
Jax - grenade:70; missile: 60, 111 double
Johnny - 60, 117 amp
Kabal - straight saw: 60; low saw: 60, 117 amp; air saw: 60
Kano knives - 60, 111 amp
Kitana - fan: 60, amp 111; sai: 50
Kollector - bola: 74, 40 amp/trade
Kotal - pizza: 80
Kung Lao - hat: 70; Z-hat: 30
Liu Kang - straight fireball: 50, 133.63 amp; low fireball: 60, 126.5 amp; air: 60; parry: 96
Nightwolf - 70, 117 amp
Noob Saibot ghostballs - 90
Raiden - bolt: 70, 129.5 amp; thunder: 60, 117 amp; low spark: 50
Scorpion spear - 30, 39 flaming
Shang Tsung - skulls: 60, 117 two, 171.15 three; corpse drop: 90, 147 amp; soul: 80, 120 amp
Skarlet - straight/low blood: 70; ball: 80; tongue: 80
Sonya - rings: 60, 126.5 amp; drone: 60
Sub -Zero ice-ball - 0, 50 amp

Last edited:

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Should've mention the cons:
  • 26f startup.
  • -3f on block fullscreen.
  • -16f if it hits on block up close.
  • Mid attack that whiffs against a standing opponent up close and ducking mid range. Some times it whiffs fullscreen against a ducking opponent. Some characters can low profile it mid screen with certain strings.
  • Sucks as an ender in a combo which is also limited by the way.
I would take his true kahn hammer toss over his spear toss any day.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Should've mention the cons:
  • 26f startup.
  • -3f on block fullscreen.
  • -16f if it hits on block up close.
  • Mid attack that whiffs against a standing opponent up close and ducking mid range. Some times it whiffs fullscreen against a ducking opponent. Some characters can low profile it mid screen with certain strings.
  • Sucks as an ender in a combo which is also limited by the way.
I would take his true kahn hammer toss over his spear toss any day.
The hammer has way more recovery and is less advantage on hit, and still does only 60 damage. The goal of the spear is to give advantage over the opponent, to take your turn, not to zone per se. But with the added damage, it's one of the best projectiles in the game imo, when the opponent is full screen that is. Plus it sets up the kb which does 345 damage raw. The hammer kb does 240 I believe.

kevkopdx

Noob
The key point is that it’s only good at full screen, I’d hardly call it the best(or one of) in the game when so many other characters have projectiles that have better utility anywhere on screen ie Sonya, baraka, Cetrion, Sonya, kano , Sonya.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Inever minded trading even then, but then you had to get in. Now you can zone from full screen coz damage bois
True. I mean towards the end when health bars are low and they just want to go full screen and spam. I like hopping over shit more though lol.