What's new

Memorial Video for MK player The Prophet

G

As some of you may know. The Prophet, poster on srk, passed away earlier this year. He was a close personal friend of mine and DreemerNJ's and helped pioneer the revival of the 2D MK community with us over the last 5+ years. I have, along with some friends, put together a video as sort of tribute to his passion for fighting games, and the desire to learn and become better at them. He was a competitive player at virtually every MK game, but his interest in fighting games didn't stop there.

This is a compilation of match video clips from various players at a number of different tournaments, including some UMK3 footage featuring Ryan himself. Most of this highlights high level play with specific characters he loved in many of the different games he loved, particularly characters in uphill battles.

Games include: UMK3, SF3, SFA3, SSF2T, Tekken 5, SC, MvC2 and others.

http://www.ultimatemk.com/dtz/combovideos/prophettribute.wmv

Shock

ded

Elder God
sad but true. very nice that you dedicate this vid to Prophet, let him rest in peace

this is a really good video

i am very sorry for all of the friends and family of the prophet

also at evo2k4 when diago parry'd chun li's special it was crazy but only if he could have done that on the winning match

dreemernj

Ambassador
Its amazing how much he knew, and how well he did while focusing on non-mainstream characters.

I've never met anyone that could so clearly define his or her own beliefs.

When I get a computer able to run a video editting program again I'll be contributing more to this.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ryan had a tendency to lean towards the bigger characters in the games, and making something out of them, which is why the focus is a lot of Hugo, Astaroth, Marduk, Zangief, Jax, etc.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
if you guys are willing to do a 2dn tribute vid, it would be cool seeing him talking and chilling out, not just playing don't u think? :wink:
i don't know if you have footage of him hangin' out and stuff like that...
R.I.P Prophet

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't have any video footage of him other than his commentary during match vids, which is kind of muffled. He is most remembered for phrases like:

"You're going to get Blacked Out"

"Those same tired tactics aren't going to help you"

"I can see right through your skills just like your transparent trash talk"

"Chi-town training won't save you"

"Your (insert character here) is corny"

"That was a gift"

"That was garbage"

"That game is so tired"

"That was bullshit"

"No!!!"

"That was questionable"

"A monumental mistake"

"Stupid! Stupid!"

"Super jump kick..."

"Invincibility frames"

"Perfect uppercut"

etc.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I fixed the link, lingering stuff that got changed on the server move a while back.

T

TempesT

I just finished watching the video... I never knew him, but I can tell from what everyone here says about him that he was a wonderful person, I hope he has found peace.

~TempesT

Br0ken

Noob
Even though I never met the prophet nor got the chance to play him, I'm sure he was a great player.R.i.P. Ryan "The Prophet" Hutnick.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
He was one of the few people I know who could beat me consistently. :wink:

My 4th time watching this video.

R.I.P Ryan T. Hutnick, even if we will never play together in the future I'm glad to see another beastly player in the bunch, I myself..... the worst player who ever existed thank you so much for showing me how tough Liu Kang can be against Human Smoke. :lol:

Tim Static

Adminerator
His Jax is bad ass. I'm so jealous of Ryan & DC

Super great video. I never met or knew of him, but I wish he was around to show me some Jax. :cry: