What's new

Mechanics you would like in MKX

llabslb

R1D1_998
What fighting game mechanic would you like to see in MKX? Something that you feel would fit the game and promote better play. Post what mechanic you would like to see and why.

I’d like to see a parrying system similar to Street Fighter 3rd Strike because, who wants to block all the time? :DOGE

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
No chip on normals, unless activated by a power up special

Hit confirming into a special also drains a little stamina

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Faultless Defense

Powerful defensive option, but drains your meter slowly as you use it!
Faultless Defense is an interesting and highly useful technique. It's often used to negate guard damage, but it has other important uses. To perform Faultless Defense, hold any backward direction and press any two buttons except 1or 3(example:
2+4),. As long as the direction and button are held down, your character will continue to perform Faultless Defense.

• Prevents chip damage
  • Increases pushback
  • Increases blockstun
  • Can air FD to block most air unblockable attacks
This is from the guilty gear franchise but I think it would rock!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I can't really think of a change besides toning down meter gain on block for attacker and giving meter on block to the defender. Right now there is a few characters who excel at just touching you and it's nothing but rewards for them and guessing games for you.

I'd like to see more variation in the usefulness of strings. A lot of characters have a down poke or two and then their one mid string that does everything they need. (safe, range, speed, can be cancelled which leads to combos are block stun for days)

Crazy change. You can't continue strings on whiff. You'd have to be more precise, especially on oki.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Faultless Defense

Powerful defensive option, but drains your meter slowly as you use it!
Faultless Defense is an interesting and highly useful technique. It's often used to negate guard damage, but it has other important uses. To perform Faultless Defense, hold any backward direction and press any two buttons except 1or 3(example:
2+4),. As long as the direction and button are held down, your character will continue to perform Faultless Defense.

• Prevents chip damage
  • Increases pushback
  • Increases blockstun
  • Can air FD to block most air unblockable attacks
This is from the guilty gear franchise but I think it would rock!
Deadass some kind of better blocking or other defensive option would be great. But it costing meter won't do. Unless they re-calculated the math on meter for offense too. Cause again, right now offense has all the rewards unless you do something punishable. I feel it would be barely used if the one good defensive option costed something. I mean block breakers are already barely used.

It's why I fucks with the anime games. BlazBlue was the first time I got hit with high/low iad crossups mixups. Shit was scary but the game also gave you wonderful options to handle all that offense. And that air FD allowed a nice way to get in at the expense of your own defense. A wonderful balance man. Hopefully Injustice has a balanced system.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Deadass some kind of better blocking or other defensive option would be great. But it costing meter won't do. Unless they re-calculated the math on meter for offense too. Cause again, right now offense has all the rewards unless you do something punishable. I feel it would be barely used if the one good defensive option costed something. I mean block breakers are already barely used.
Agree but a very slow drain not a whole bar like really slow.Plus you wouldn't hold it down while blocking full strings every time just heavy chip setups and a few special moves.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I love that idea! I also think it'll be cool for backdashes to cost less stamina
We should be able to backdash at least 4 times before being unable to play MKx. If we had that, am advanced defense option, and some characters backdash got buffed there could be a defensive style that exists in MKx. If I backdash once with Cassie I have to start critically thinking about everything I do or else I get a hit that I can't combo off of. Not saying she needs her backdash buffed.

This is what the stance switch button should be for.
I'd rather the trait system stay to injustice and I hope injustice doesn't do variations. Also hope this is the last game with interactables.

Reliable anti air normals. And that's not even a balance request. You just feel like a badass when you jab anti air in other games.