Meaty JK corner setup

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Some corner stuff with Kano!

Explained in this video:

TL;DR
  • Do command grab
  • Do a late NJK
  • Be around +10 which guarantees F2 check. Opens up for command grab, F4, S2 etc
  • Beats every U3 (except Lao's), some U2's (for instance: Lao's). See list here or picture below
  • Works on delayed WU
  • If they roll out you are still ~+10 in their face
  • They can beat it with WU buttons but if they mistime it they eat a full combo
I also got a comment saying d4 tick is good afterwards, which I didn't mention in the video

@kcd117 @Circus @Vslayer @CriticalDrop

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Awesome video! I've been using mine way too early and I think that's why I've been having problems with keeping people in the corner once they're there, unless they like their U3s then you can get a full combo off of it, but I usually for the corner switch one since it does hella damage. But then again I should probably just grab them and put them back there again.

Thanks for that list, that's gonna be really useful!

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Awesome video! I've been using mine way too early and I think that's why I've been having problems with keeping people in the corner once they're there, unless they like their U3s then you can get a full combo off of it, but I usually for the corner switch one since it does hella damage. But then again I should probably just grab them and put them back there again.

Thanks for that list, that's gonna be really useful!
You get comparable damage if you do JK d1 d1 f2 command grab or something similar off a JK confirm. I usually go for side switch as well, depending on how much I need the domagez

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
You get comparable damage if you do JK d1 d1 f2 command grab or something similar off a JK confirm. I usually go for side switch as well, depending on how much I need the domagez
Yeah that's true, j4 f2 into lumbar check does like 27% damage or something crazy like that

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I usually go for 11, F2xxDBF2 in case of hit confirming the JK. If I remember well, you do a bit more damage than with d1,d1,F2xxDBF2 and d1,d1,22xxDBF2. Anyway, I'll test it again to be sure.

Great video, by the way!!!

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I usually go for 11, F2xxDBF2 in case of hit confirming the JK. If I remember well, you do a bit more damage than with d1,d1,F2xxDBF2 and d1,d1,22xxDBF2. Anyway, I'll test it again to be sure.

Great video, by the way!!!
Thanks! Yeah 11 and even 11 11 does more damage. d1 d1 is tight. I usually make up combos on the fly depending on how quickly I react. U3's are easy to react to, it's harder when people randomly get hit. Then d1's are good hehe. D1 into 22 command grab is decent although it's not really max damage. But again, it's all about how fast your brain is. I'm turning 31 soon so I need some backups

f2 grab as an ender is almost always max damage.
I'll experiment with it and see what I can come up with. I am by no means excellent at this game, so thanks for the tip.

Okay, so JK, 11, F2, DBF2 does beat the damage of JK, 11,22xxDBF2. I played around for a few minutes and could not land a second 11 without whiffing the F2. Is there more I can do to optimize a JK combo or is 29-33% (depending on amplification) the best I can hope for without the Takedown string?

Last edited:

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I'll experiment with it and see what I can come up with. I am by no means excellent at this game, so thanks for the tip.

Okay, so JK, 11, F2, DBF2 does beat the damage of JK, 11,22xxDBF2. I played around for a few minutes and could not land a second 11 without whiffing the F2. Is there more I can do to optimize a JK combo or is 29-33% (depending on amplification) the best I can hope for without the Takedown string?
The best damage I've got without switching sides and with 1bar is 357.50, doing JK,11,11,F2,DBF2amp, but this combo has a tricky timing to connect F2 (I don't really use it in matches)
The alternative, that is more consistent, is JK,11,11,24(1+3)amp,F2UD4. It requires 1 bar and is 356.50 damage, almost the same. It switches sides twice, so you maintain the corner advantage.

Last edited:
The best damage I've got without switching sides and with 1bar is 357.50, doing JK,11,11,F2,DBF2amp, but this combo has a tricky timing to connect F2 (I don't really use it in matches)
The alternative, that is more consistent, is JK,11,11,24(1+3)amp,F2UD4. It requires 1 bar and is 356.50 damage, almost the same. It switches sides twice, so you maintain the corner advantage.
Yeah, I can't even land the double 11 in practice. I can't imagine online lag making it any easier for me. I do the same combo you outlined, with Blown Away following Takedown, but it leaves them well outside of the actual corner and sometimes I can't force my opponent back in. I often just follow Takedown with F2, Lumbar Check and move out of the corner for higher damage if the round or match is nearing its end.

@MsMiharo I know everyone's shifting to Dirtbag now but this little setup was a huge help. Ended up winning a whole bunch of matches I'd normally lose my momentum in. Thanks!