Viable?

• Yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Hey F/T community, just wanted to share some new oki tech that @Cooljaxx gave me the idea to look into and develop.

So basically the idea is to end your combo with a sweep or some other advantageous knockdown, then run up and throw a very meaty Ferra Toss, which is extremely plus on block when timed right. These setups sacrifice some damage at the end of combos (from 46% to 40%) but they more than make up for it with the great oki options that you won't get with the command grab ender. If the opponent tries to wake up armor, they will have to eat an unscaled 12% from the Ferra Toss, which brings the total damage to 52% and can be a trade in your favor, especially if their armor doesn't launch

In the first clip it shows the setup with the meaty Ferra Toss jailing into f2, meaning it's at least +15. This jailing is not difficult to do at all, and it means that if the opponent tries to armor or press a button, they will be launched meterlessly for big damage, meaning they have to respect your followups.

The second clip shows what you can do when you have your opponent respecting the meaty toss plus frames. D2 is +4 on block, meaning you can then go for your 10 frame mid b1, which can lead to b12xxtoss, b1212 as a true blockstring. At that point you've done 13.08% safe chip on top of the 40% from the combo and built back around 80% of the bar you spent. This is just an example of some of the pressure you can get off this setup, but the possibilities are endless.

The third clip shows a less useful but still neat setup with a meaty bowl girl jailing into b1.

Hope you guys put this to good use and possibly refine this setup further! Tagging all the guys from @Kamikaze_Highlander's thread once again, plus a few people who I think might be interested.

@MadeFromMetal
@Wetdoba
@Shade667
@Doombawkz
@MK Led
@cR Biohazard
@joeldm
@imblackjames
@Blewdew
@Sage Leviathan
@Cooljaxx
@bdogg0100

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
This actually looks very promising. When I'm home today I'll take it to the lab I have some ideas to make this setup even better :) good find!

Blewdew

Can't do it against meaty bowl girl since it's active constantly on your body.
Also cant do it against meaty Ferra throw for the same reason.

Unless you mean EX, in which case why would we bother when we know you can armor it?
I think he means ex. But you can stuff the First hit with png then backdash, run up and 112+4.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
fuckin hell mate. Why you post this now?? When I'm trying to learn Metallic??

Two reasons I voted yes
1) Meaty OH is at least +20. Wait is it? You set sub off reversal on that one?
2) bowl girl is actually plus

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
oh it is, max range its closer to +1 or +2. Beautiful thing about b12 is there's a bit of push back, so those with shorter pokes tend to whiff giving you a free punish.

If you need to test frame data. Set AI to always block, movement to jump. When you've finished entering your combo, just hold up. Compare who jumps first and you'll see how negative/plus something is

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Another fun thing is if you do it slightly too early on bowl girl, it'll whiff. If the opponent is respecting it though, it's easily a free grab or pressure on them.

So like after the sweep, input bowl girl and if the opponent is going to armor, it's a great bait. Also if they have slower armor then b.12 will eat through it.

Memory serving one trap you can do is a bowl girl early whiff, b.121xxOH toss b.1212/f.2

100% ambiguous too because ferra stays in her animation regardless of hitting or not, so it LOOKS like she should be active but she isn't. It's gimmicky but fun

Blewdew

That's probably why @bdogg0100 stole the b12 stagger from me :rolleyes:
And Ferra Torrs frame data is so wrong
Pushback always messes with frame data but most of f/t's data are true. These setups are just weird circumstances lol

I tested this setup on some matches and it's actually quite practical. I really like to go for d4 after meaty toss to keep up pressure

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
Wouldn't d4 be much better if it was faster?
Pushback always messes with frame data but most of f/t's data are true. These setups are just weird circumstances lol

I tested this setup on some matches and it's actually quite practical. I really like to go for d4 after meaty toss to keep up pressure

Blewdew

Wouldn't d4 be much better if it was faster?
In theory yes but f/t's d4 is +2 on block so you have to sacrifice something for it. I d4 like a mofo all the time though it's a really good move. And it's fast enough to jail after oh toss with this setup

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
More Oki Setups Found!
Video 1: Shows how you can s4 punish someone and leads into an Oki Setup. Not sure if it's optimal tho.

Video 2: Shows some of the combo Enders you can do that leads into an Oki setup. I forgot to mention that f32 leads into Oki too