What's new

Tech - Acidic Meaty EX Blood

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Hey guys! CrazyFingers again and lately I decided to try and lab Acidic Alien. The infamous variation that has been written off by a lot of people after the patch. Not me! I think this character is still most likely very good and today I will show you some pretty good tech that I found with him in the lab! So without further ado, let's get into the thick off it!

The Setup
Okay so what exactly IS this tech? Well it's fairly simple, we are going to use the immense amount of active frames that EX Blood (EX DB4) has for it to hit meaty and for us to get ABSURD amounts of plus frames! And by absurd I mean we're talking like at least +30 if not more! The new version of the setup with the hard knockdown is now less plus but still plus enough to jail into F1/F2/S1/S2. Here's a video to show it off.

Here you see that the setup jails into Alien's slowest normal (B2 which is 22f, it's pretty slow) More optimal setup only jails into F1/F2/S1/S2 and anything as fast or faster than those, as stated before. which means every single one of Alien's normals will jail after this. So basically after they get hit meaty with this you have free reign to do anything you really want! All the while they are standing in the puddle eating a ton of tick damage. Here's a neat little thing you can do with it, just one example!

So! Hope you guys find this tech to your liking! Cheers!

@lookgirlitsteejay (even though you don't play Acidic anymore, take a gander!)
@Alien Substance (might not main him but tag felt mandatory still)
@YOMI REO (Figured I'd tag you cuz why not?)
@ATP2014
@Darth-Nero
@SkyratiK
@Vjeekes
@Anyone else who still cares about Acidic.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

COMBOS FOR THE SETUP
F134 xx EX Flip, NJP, U3, 214 xx EX Blood

B2. B11U4, 214 xx EX Blood

B11U4, B11U4, 214 xx EX Blood

(Starter that doesn't make opponent air born) xx Ex Flip, NJP, U3, U3, 214 xx Ex Blood

F134 xx EX Flip, NJP, Instant Jump 2, U3, 112 xx EX Blood

B2, B11U4, 112 xx EX Blood

B11U4, B11U4, 112 xx EX Blood

(Starter that doesn't make the opponent air born) xx EX Flip, NJP, Instant Jump 2, Instant Jump 2, U3, 112 xx EX Blood

Last edited:

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
The infamous variation that has been written off by a lot of people after the patch. Not me! I think this character is still most likely very good
I think Acidic is A tier. He's still a great fighter. I definitely agree with you.

As an Acidic main since May, I do like this setup. Like ATP said, it's good for ending a match.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Make sure to test your setups against tech roll, there are few people who are just going to sit there on knockdown :p Tech roll unfortunately gets right through this.
I see you having to bring this up way too often because it wasn't tested and you tested it yourself. lol

Seems like everyone forgets about it being an option and has a tendency to screw up all sorts of setups.

CrazyFingers

Okay! So double NJP will have it so even if they tech roll you can still jail. Yea it still has the problem of tech roll into armor blows it up but it has that problem before so there's that. You can also just do normal blood to try and bait the wakeup, cool mind games like that. I'll update the thread as soon as I can.

CrazyFingers

NJP AND NJK both work respectively however you are a LOT less plus. Can't get the low or overhead starters to jail where in the other version you can. Pros and cons.

CrazyFingers

GAH found another chink in the damn armor. If you go double NJP and they DONT tech roll you can't jail *grumble grumble

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

CrazyFingers

So, a thing i didn't notice till just now about this setup is that is happens REALLY FAST. Which could catch people off guard which can help a ton with it.