What's new

Tech - D'Vorah Meaty B3 to avoid command grabs

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Someone should do a big ol' list of grab immune moves

(Mostly for jason cause he can fuck off)
I started that a while ago, was going to make a video montage, but the list got so long and I got so salty I just gave up lol. I do remember Dvorahs old overhead F2 specifically was also grab immune. Actually just about every low or overhead starter in the game had grab immune frames on it but then shit like Scorpions hop kick where you actually go in the air didnt have grab immunity. NRS just does not care about legitimate grappling or setting base rules in their games, hopefully they try in that regard with I2.

Wigy

There it is...
I started that a while ago, was going to make a video montage, but the list got so long and I got so salty I just gave up lol. I do remember Dvorahs old overhead F2 specifically was also grab immune. Actually just about every low or overhead starter in the game had grab immune frames on it but then shit like Scorpions hop kick where you actually go in the air didnt have grab immunity. NRS just does not care about legitimate grappling or setting base rules in their games, hopefully they try in that regard with I2.
Yeah, has nothing to do with them being off the ground half the time. Same with the parry inconsistencies,

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Grrrr. Anti-command grab bullshit *grumble grumble*
If you have an Anti-Air Grab it should katch her during this state... Not sure if you do though.

I'm convinced after Bane, NRS decided they don't like pure grapplers.
I was thinking (and hoping) they were trying to minimize the influence of grapplers in MK as opposed to Injustice. MK always felt more like a game focused on pressure, even in the old games.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
The most hilarious thing about grab immunity is that in grappler mirrors they are one of the most important things in those matchups (Jason F3 happens a LOT in Jason mirrors)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
If you have an Anti-Air Grab it should katch her during this state... Not sure if you do though.

I was thinking (and hoping) they were trying to minimize the influence of grapplers in MK as opposed to Injustice. MK always felt more like a game focused on pressure, even in the old games.
I just hope grapplers make a come back in Injustice 2. They were so satisfying in that game from Bane's bustedness to Lobo and Grundy's hype as fucking command grabs.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I just hope grapplers make a come back in Injustice 2. They were so satisfying in that game from Bane's bustedness to Lobo and Grundy's hype as fucking command grabs.
For as much as I dislike grapplers, finding 1000 different frames that are grab-immune is the best feeling.. lol.
Grundy's kommand grab kancels were pretty interesting though.. (I'm a fan of kancels.)