What's new

McFarlane Toys working in Mortal Kombat merchandise

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
A lot of interesting things here. The first one is the info itself, since McFarlane Toys is a well recognized company regarding action figures. The second one is the fact Todd McFarlane hinted about Spawn being in Mortal Kombat 11 as a guest. Coincidence?
At this point, I would be surprised if Spawn isn't in the game. It's been in discussion so long, people even thought he would be in Injustice 2. McFarlane talked about it a lot, he wants him in the game. The only way for him to not be there would be if NRS really don't want him. But he fits, and there is a new movie in works, which is always an indicator as these guests usually serve a cross-promotion purpuse. If they now have a business deal like this for the game, it would just make sense if the character was included.

haketh

Noob
McFarlane Toys creates pretty poor quality stuff last time I checked.
Yeah they’re not great

If you want affordable ones you won’t mind playing with go with the Mezco ones

If you want the big display pieces go with Storm Collectibles

Sadly McFarlane getting the license might be bad for Mezco

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
At this point, I would be surprised if Spawn isn't in the game. It's been in discussion so long, people even thought he would be in Injustice 2. McFarlane talked about it a lot, he wants him in the game. The only way for him to not be there would be if NRS really don't want him. But he fits, and there is a new movie in works, which is always an indicator as these guests usually serve a cross-promotion purpuse. If they now have a business deal like this for the game, it would just make sense if the character was included.
Todd McFarlane said something like "he is on the way" when asked in a reddit ama about Spawn in Mk11.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Todd McFarlane said something like "he is on the way" when asked in a reddit ama about Spawn in Mk11.
Yeah I know, that's what I was referring to as well :D Some people were a bit sceptical though because he kinda said something like that for MKX as well.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Last time they did stuff for a fighting game was SCII and incase you arent aware, Spawn was in that so like get ready.
I remember that one. I wasn't particularly interested in SC franchise at that time. I remember Spawn being in this game as DLC guest.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
We just need more MK merch.

I have more, and its easier to find, darkstalkers stuff than MK stuff.
Agreed, some affordable statues would be nice.

From what I've seen McFarlane has good face detail and that's important. I mean, this one is 300$ but their smaller ones look good too.

10$ one:

20$

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Umm, when did you ever check?

McFarlane Toys are the TOP OF THE LINE that isn't $1,000 like PCS.
I owned entire lines during the Spawn and Curse eras. A lot of them fell apart, had painting issues and generally turned out to be high maintenance.
I had a Super Patriot that I had to unbox because the arm just fell off in the box after five years on my shelf. When selling it I was uprfront about it but the collector didn't care, he said he's amazed that I went the length to fix it instead of leaving it like that.

I'm glad if they're top of the line now, I'll be sure to check them out and make my own opinion again, too.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I owned entire lines during the Spawn and Curse eras. A lot of them fell apart, had painting issues and generally turned out to be high maintenance.
I had a Super Patriot that I had to unbox because the arm just fell off in the box after five years on my shelf. When selling it I was uprfront about it but the collector didn't care, he said he's amazed that I went the length to fix it instead of leaving it like that.

I'm glad if they're top of the line now, I'll be sure to check them out and make my own opinion again, too.
I'll admit... earlier figures are crap, but that's early figures. However, generally McFarlane is the shit with figures... GRANTED... they are more like mini-statues.

NECA is also very good... or was - not sure how they are now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Todd's line are top tier sculptors, their Terminator figures, Spawn are great. Up there with Neca and Mezco. Way better than Jazwares and Hasbro.

leoj89

Noob
So is anyone in the community going to the Toy fair ? I need YouTube footage and price points stat.

This might get me back into collecting . Smh , I'm too old for this ish.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
So is anyone in the community going to the Toy fair ? I need YouTube footage and price points stat.

This might get me back into collecting . Smh , I'm too old for this ish.
Thing is... back when I collected figures (15 years ago or so) the prices were so much nicer. Now if you want something... $20 minimum... it sucks.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'll admit... earlier figures are crap, but that's early figures. However, generally McFarlane is the shit with figures... GRANTED... they are more like mini-statues.

NECA is also very good... or was - not sure how they are now.
My baseline standard for quality and articulation is the 1990s GIJOE sets, or the 2000s SOTA Street Fighter action figure sets. All around great work on the whole. Statues are fine too, but as someone who used to play with figures, I always imagine giving one of these to a kid and watching it fall to pieces as all he's doing is using them to have fun.
Either make action figures or statues imo, this "meager articulation to call it an AF but not really" attitude I've been seeing is not at all to my liking.

I'll check them out though, I wonder how Todd's toys improved.

We just need more MK merch.

I have more, and its easier to find, darkstalkers stuff than MK stuff.
Ironic too since Darkstalkers hasn't had a new game in ages and more people know about them through MvsC than their own game.

Seriously Morrigan is more popular and well known than her own series.