What's new

Tech mb mace charge combos mid screen if they block 1st hit

kaseyk

Noob
i'm sharing all my dirty hg tricks ;)
if opponent blocks 1st hit mc and then mb hits ( happens alot :p )
a few variations and add 2.63 chip dmg from blocked 1st hit , and this works on all body sizes .

mcmb-4-1-mcmb(mb whiffs)-4-1-mc 37%
mcmb-4-1-mcmb(mb whiffs)-4-13 36%
mcmb-4-1-mc 25%
mcmb-4-2-mc 27% mb 34%
mcmb-4-23 26% hardest to land . (hold up+forward and as soon as you move hit 23)
mcmb-4-3 19% easy to land and pushes them far away
mcmb-4-d3 18% easy to land and keeps them close

it's easy to land the follow up the closer you are when you mc , i hold forward when i press 4 . from farther away i delay mb till last frames because it seems to help keep you close after bounce .
enjoy :)

Last edited:
props to you for constantly looking for new stuff. My problem with this is i dont think you can confirm that the mb hit and then flight cancel in time, but i haven't tried much so maybe you can train yourself to see it. I really hate that her air normals cant cancel into mace charge on block

kaseyk

Noob
props to you for constantly looking for new stuff. My problem with this is i dont think you can confirm that the mb hit and then flight cancel in time, but i haven't tried much so maybe you can train yourself to see it. I really hate that her air normals cant cancel into mace charge on block
hold up as you input the 4-1 and u can mc right away , few characters can counter that .
i use this often and few expect it or punish it .
also nothing wrong with going right into flight after mcmb on block either , atleast sometimes to change up pace ex mcmb-4-(fly up a inch)mc.
it's good to have options :)
note : all this tech that i post isn't so much new as it is just not widely known outside of hg purists.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Is there a video showing this, or do you have any more tips? I can cancel into wing evade but the opponent is just too far away and everything whiffs afterwards.

kaseyk

Noob
Is there a video showing this, or do you have any more tips? I can cancel into wing evade but the opponent is just too far away and everything whiffs afterwards.
try dash canceling into mcmb point blank , it makes their body bounce close enough to follow with 4-1 or other options 4-3 is easiest ( they have to block the regular mace charge and then get hit by overhead mb for this to work )

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Ive used the trait trick in the corner for combos, but never thought about this, I'm gonna look at this later on.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
mcmc-4-2-mc is very useful as a block string in most mu's also it keeps you low to the ground
I never knew that, I swear every time I feel like I have found all that I can about HG someone comes on here and tells me something new!