What's new

Question - Full Auto MB Low Shot - Why is it so inconsistent?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"

Was in the lab with Jacqui trying to find ways to get use out of her MB Low Shot. It seems really inconsistent hitbox wise and it's really confusing me.

If the MB Low landed in the corner every single time, her corner game would be 10000% more scary. Hard to blockables, armour breaking and safe on block, sounds like a dream.

Just doesn't seem to hit all the time. I've tried different timings, delaying the B2 to push them into the low shot etc, none of them seem to make it consistent.

I'm sure I'm missing something, can anyone help me out? Playing against Ikizzle, watching Dab and Revolver has really inspired me to give her a whirl for fun.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah...

Jacqui is full of lots of fun little hitbox screw ups :). You'll find more as you keep using her (such as b2~db3 whiffing randomly in the corner sometimes :)), she's a bundle of surprises!

Having said that, there is a setup as @Rip Torn said after 212 and a slight step back that beats most wakeups. The setup your using gets stuffed by tech roll and delayed wakeup. I would honestly use it more in game, but the hitbox inconsistencies to me make it not viable.

Instead I often go for the 50/50 off a MB grab restand, although this becomes much less effective if the opponent is option select teaching.

Also, don't use njp in your b33 corner combo, it actually scales the damage;

b33~db3, 33~db2, 1, 11, 12~bf4 is 43%

b33~db3, 33~db2, 1, 11, 11, 12~bf4 is 45%

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Yeah...

Jacqui is full of lots of fun little hitbox screw ups :). You'll find more as you keep using her (such as b2~db3 whiffing randomly in the corner sometimes :)), she's a bundle of surprises!

Having said that, there is a setup as @Rip Torn said after 212 and a slight step back that beats most wakeups. The setup your using gets stuffed by tech roll and delayed wakeup. I would honestly use it more in game, but the hitbox inconsistencies to me make it not viable.

Instead I often go for the 50/50 off a MB grab restand, although this becomes much less effective if the opponent is option select teaching.

Also, don't use njp in your b33 corner combo, it actually scales the damage;

b33~db3, 33~db2, 1, 11, 12~bf4 is 43%

b33~db3, 33~db2, 1, 11, 11, 12~bf4 is 45%
I know tech roll and delayed wakeup beats that setup, I would find myself reading those options and delaying things etc against human opponents, but the main issue i have is the hitbox inconsistencies. I love playing her but it's really putting me off.

I see why so many people have real issues with her in the current state, a lot of her stuff needs general fixing rather than even calling it buffs, haha!

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I tend to do whatever corner combo into the 212 ender. Then I take a tiny step back and drop the MB low rocket (the tiny step back covers the HItbox issues). I tend to wait and block and see if they wakeup with armour or delay wakeup, problem with that is they can jump out, and you won't stuff armour if you let it rip right away (because of the delay of the step back).

The real mind blast is when they know the set up is coming, and you detonate the rocket and then go for b33 lol.

I use this often in the corner. The inconsistencies are a bit frustrating. I've tested with different strings into the MB low rocket (you use 1,2 - I've tried 3,3 / S4) but after watching this I'm going to try out different strings that maybe the animation will push Jacqui back far enough that the rocket will always hit. I'll share if I find anything new.

Fun to see new peeps trying to find new things for Jacqui :)