What's new

MB Ice clone glitch(?) allows you to have clones out longer (kinda...)

Gamer68

Fujin!

Okay, so let me explain (I tried to add text to the video but I don't know if it was good enough):

Ice clones stay out for around 4 seconds and recover in around 4 seconds. Same for MB clones -- they BOTH stay out for only 4 secs and you recover in around 4 secs.

If you whiff an ice clone (easy to do in the corner by doing things like F2, 2 > Clone), THEN MB, one clone will come out and you will recover in around 2 secs I think.

If you put out the other clone as quick as possible, you can have clones on the screen for about 6 secs I think (but of course the first will disappear before the other since you had it out first. Still, you had clones on the screen for about 6 secs).

If you wait until the first is about to disappear then do it, you can have another clone out IMMEDIATELY after the first. This means you can have clones on the screen for around 8 secs instead of 4.

Is this super useful? Probably not. But I still wanted to bring it to you guys' attentions, because it COULD benefit certain match-ups (mainly against characters that don't have projectiles, like Cheetah I guess).

SO, BASICALLY:
  • You can have a clone out for 2 secs, then spawn another. 2 seconds after that the first will disappear, then 2 secs after that the other will. So clones were on the screen for about 6 secs.
  • You can have a clone out for 4 secs then have another clone out immediately after for another 4 secs. So clones were on the screen for about 8 secs in total.
  • Need to spend 1 Bar on both options.
  • Need to whiff then MB to do it, so it will only work in specific set-ups (but honestly it isn't hard to whiff clone if you really want to).
  • Can't get hit or it will mess it up, like how clones always work.
  • Probably not super useful.
  • Please discuss!

Lokheit

Noob
Yeah klone is going to get some bug tweaking, as we were talking on the main thread you can even freeze twice during combos with them (it's not really too optimal to exploit though, but kind of break the rules).

Just tested this out and if you get the first clone to not come trait will finish it's cool down before the 2nd clone from mb trait disappears allowing you to put another clone. Shits weird yo