What's new

MB DB1 Usability List.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So as everyone knows, Sub-Zero’s MB DB1 has inconsistent pushback depending on characters and whether they stand or crouch block. I’m not trying to pass this off as new information or anything so don’t be that guy. This isn’t meant to be a complaint, just hopefully provides some information in case you or someone didn’t know. This was tested just doing MB DB1 to the characters on standing block.

Characters who can stand block and be pushed out of D1 range:
Hellboy
Sub-Zero
Swamp Thing
Catwoman
Flash
Batman
Red Hood
Joker
Atrocitus
Gorilla Grodd
Deadshot
Poison Ivy
Atom
Enchantress
Black Manta
Green Arrow
Doctor Fate
Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Aquaman
Black Canary
Wonder Woman
Captain Cold
Robin
Scarecrow
Bane
Raiden
TMNT

Characters who stay within D1 range on stand block:
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Harley Quinn
Superman
Starfire
Supergirl
Darkseid
Black Adam

Sometimes:
Cheetah

So yeah against those 8 characters and sometimes Cheetah you can have your D1/throw mixup off MB DB1, which is better after the patch because D1 connects to MB iceball now. Some characters that get pushed out of D1 range are pushed farther than others. Catwoman is pushed very far but Brainiac is barely out of D1 range for example. Idk, hopefully this helps some SZ player not die for whiffing a D1 in Aquaman’s face off his “plus” move, and of course there are other uses for it, the move isn’t completely useless against all these characters. You just don’t get your D1. I could have made a mistake in my testing because it is a weird ass move, so sorry in advance.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
One thing I noticed is that 5/8 characters who stay in D1 range are floating characters. Probably means nothing because Firestorm and Doctor Fate get pushed back too far and also float. But maybe?

I can’t seem to think of why these certain hit boxes are like that, it’s not even that it’s just tall characters who stay in range either, Darkseid is the only big character who does.