What's new

MB Cupcake corner 50/50's

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I finally found something good/not obvious enough to make a video about it.

Basically, the blockstun of f2 forces the opponent to stand because it's an overhead. There seem to be transition frames between standing and ducking, which most characters get hit during. This lets you do f2~mb cupcakes or f2~tantrum for a mixup. If they block the cupcakes, you're neutral. However, there is a gap that lets you get out a low profiling move like a d1, which seems to get you lower faster than just holding down.

It's got some problems, but I feel like this is definitely still worth using in the matchups it works in.

Last edited:

Second Saint

Been thinking of ways to try and deal with people being able to OS a poke and beat this setup. Haven't been able to test, but I'm betting f2~mb pop pop will move back far enough to cause a decent number of pokes to whiff, and you'll be in range to combo off of it, or hopefully even start pop pop loops. Nothing's gonna get the message across to not poke like a 60%combo.

Second Saint

My theory on f2~mb pop pop spacing out the down pokes of some characters was correct. Batman and Scarecrow, it at least works on, Superman not so much. Didn't test much more than that.

What I did do for giggles just now was go back to IGAU and see if this worked and it's fucking perfect. There's no gap, it just jails. The only people I found that could duck it were Batgirl and staff stance Nightwing. You get a ton more damage off of it, and cupcakes came out faster in that game, so if you wanted to try and fuzzy cupcakes and tantrum, it'd have to be a 2f window.

I feel like I just made a major breakthrough in the wrong game now, lol.

SeasonedGeisha

Make Harley Consistent 2k18
Nice Harley tech, sadly, as usual the inconsistent queen strikes again. Her dicey B2 hit box- that whiffs from its intended range on 1/2 the cast, and snipes the other half. And now tech that doesn’t work on 1/2 the cast, I wish she’d be more consistent.

Second Saint

Gear effects whether or not this works, apparently. Fml, there's not even a way to compile an accurate list of who it does and doesn't work on.