What's new

Mayo, second place at Destruction II (stream footage)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Fights start at 2:42:00

http://www.twitch.tv/teamlacuevatv/b/311992529

Stream resumes at this address for the grand finals.
http://www.twitch.tv/teamlacuevatv/b/312013065

(NOTE) -- Let these awful fights against kung lao be a lesson to everyone. Kenshis frame traps are not really frame traps. The Spirit Charge after B2 and F2 2 B2 is not a frame trap. He`s neutral, and it`s an 8 frame move that is NOT cancelable after the string. You`ll see me get jabbed out of it repeatedly because the jabs are faster. --

Sorry Kenshi players. I did what I could. I can`t deal with Kung Lao right now. I really wanted to practice against one, but there`s serious not a single one besides me in my city. So I got bodied hard in Grand Finals. Add in serious input errors on an xbox fight pad (because the ps3 tournamnent didnt have kenshi!), and sleeping only an hour after arriving in the city.. Well, I could have done better.

What really disappointed me was that I didn`t ever get to use my up close pressure game. I never got the chance! Especially against Lao, I just couldn`t get close to him. Anyways, I hope you like the videos and the commentary. You`ll at least get to see a good fight against Smoke, and how to pull off the new meter combos. Enjoy guys! I`m still here, and I`ll be practicing against my friend`s (the winner) Kung Lao for the next 2 days to see if it`s hopeless and I should try to pick a different character...or if I can try to rethink this. I`m really struggling with the high hitbox of kenshi making him unable to punish the teleport on reaction. It just turned into a mess.

until next time

mayo (they put my name as james. I told them to put STB Under_The_Mayo. Oh well)

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
The only thing i was disappointed with was that you couldnt commentate and play at the same time!
Youre Kenshi was excellent, and making it to the grand finals was quite a feat (but you accomplished it!).

I hope you get the KL practice that you need because if you do, thats one less bad MU to worry over.
I hope to see you compete more in the future!

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
damn mayo thats some hard to watch shit bro. appreciate the post though.
I know man. It was hard to go through too. I mean, I knew on the way to this city. I know the Lao player, and I knew I wasn`t ready to face Lao. So I`m not that salty. I knew it was gonna go that way. I gotta work on my alternate for lao. It`s ok if your main character cant deal with every matchup. I just gotta figure out what to do.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
That mask is pretty sick.
6 dollars at the grocery store! Every mexican tournament I go to, I wear it and refuse to speak english just to troll my competition. I`ll wear it to the next too. Hopefully it`s not on xbox so I can control my FUCKING character, instead of getting Forward2, when I clearly press Forward3 2. Not that that was the problem anyway.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Just a heads up, use b22 to punish Lao's tele. when pops up behind you, you get a b2 which knocks him away. if you input it too early (while lao is still in front of you) you get a f22 which will push you forward far enough to avoid getting hit by him. it works surprisingly consistently but doesnt work on ex tho :(

great kenshi tho, grand finals is no small feat.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Just a heads up, use b22 to punish Lao's tele. when pops up behind you, you get a b2 which knocks him away. if you input it too early (while lao is still in front of you) you get a f22 which will push you forward far enough to avoid getting hit by him. it works surprisingly consistently but doesnt work on ex tho :(

thanks. the recovery on whiffing f2 2 is a death sentence though. And using b2 to punish teleport is only if i read it. It wont hit on reaction. I need to be able to punish it on reaction. Otherwise he can just teleport against me all day like he did. I think im going to work on Sonya.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I've noticed that it makes Smoke's telepunch whiff as well. Using F22 I mean

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I`m staying at the lao player`s house, getting some practice in. And wow I can`t believe how wrongly I was approaching that fight... I`m doing a lot better. Not winning as much as I`d like... but thats what i get for going 6 months without lao practice. I was up all night just thinking about how to change my game. It seems to be working. Just gotta keep working on it. I remain hopeful.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
that mask is such a good idea for a mindfuck before the match even starts,
bet the people who dont know you were like wtf is going on with this guy
*goes to workshop to start on tarkatan mask*

good stuff mayo