What's new

Mayo presents - The Science of QUAN: QuanFusion

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Man hitboxes in this game makes determining whether you're on one side or the other so hard
just check the first 10 seconds of this vid
terrible play by me, but thats not the point
watch me clearly cross over
and teleport back to the other side lol

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
A short video on the unique and mysterious setup created by Quan player TheSolitude. I didn't create it, I just gave it a name. Check it out as this video may open more gates to the pathway of hell as a Quan Chi player. Enjoy and... "Woolay!"

For a limited time, if you love the music in my videos, you can download a zip of EVERY song used in my videos, sorted by the video they are played in. For you guys. http://www.sendspace.com/file/hieq64
Is it not the same with 112 tele on a grounded oponent with more damage(112 tele after trance)? Yestarday something strange happen: i nocked down a sub-zero player with 112 tele and did U3 (the meaning was U3 trans) , but he did wake up En slide and he went under me without any connection.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Is it not the same with 112 tele on a grounded oponent with more damage(112 tele after trance)? Yestarday something strange happen: i nocked down a sub-zero player with 112 tele and did U3 (the meaning was U3 trans) , but he did wake up En slide and he went under me without any connection.
No, 112skydrop doesn't knock them down so you can exploit the dashing trick. You can use this if you see how they like to wake up. It'll really blow up tech rolls. And if you use a crossover, you're building more meter than regular combos. And from certain combo starters, you're getting more damage (after u3 for example) and then you get a setup after.

The U3 you're talking about is simply because it causes Quan's hitbox to come off the ground and somethings will pass through it on wakeup up like a slide.

D

Deleted member 9158

I actually noticed this a while back, but never thought twice about it. Just figured it was MK being wonky. I sometimes do >1 2 trance, <2,1 jpk skydrop (does a decent 27%), but sometimes I'd mess it up and end up doing the U3 into skydrop where Quan lands on his opponent. I never thought about it, but my opponent rarely did wake ups whenever that happened.

makes sense now!

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
Amazing showcase for some amazing tech.
Going into the lab as we speak, gonna try incorporating this as a mixup

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
A quick damage comparison. Even though you're setting up guaranteed rune traps with 112, QuanFusion could be viewed as a better combo ender depending on the combo you're doing. For example:

jp B3 1+2 - B2 1 - B1 1 trance - jp 1 1 2 skydrop = 38% plus rune set up
Quanfusion: jp B3 1+2 trance - jp B2 1 - Up3 skydrop = 30%

So you're losing 8% damage by choosing QuanFusion and getting a setup that might fail.

But, if we look at a starter like 1 1 2 or Up3...

jp 1 1 2 trance - jp 1 1 skydrop = 27% plus rune set up
Quanfusion: jp 1 1 2 trance - jp b2 1 - Up3 skydrop = 30%

jp Up3 trance - jp 1 1 2 skydrop = 22% plus rune trap
Quanfusion: jp Up3 trance - jp B2 1 - Up3 skydrop = 24%

So if you go for this setup after certain starters, you're actually taking more damage in the combo.

LEGEND

YES!
wow, this is pretty neat

i know alot of characters have this kinda thing in the corner but this is the first midscreen version i've seen.

Red Son

Noob
2:04 - "You can look like you're on the left, actualy be on the right, and then be on the left for real"