What's new

Video/Tutorial Mayo presents - The Science of Catwoman: Punishing Midscreen and Corner

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Here in the first installment of the "Science of Injustice" series (finally in HD!), we're looking at Catwoman's ability to punish from different distances. In the following video you'll see:

-- High damage corner combos using CatStance Flip
-- High damage midscreen situational punishes
-- Manipulating the gravity of air-to-air hits to capitalize on damage
-- The unclashable double F3 combo ender
-- Augmenting combo starters to avoid stage transitions

Ninj, STB Shujinkydink
KH StarCharger, EGP Wonder_Chef
GGA 16 Bit, Krayzie
@Siiren ★, Treadmill
Tim Static, STORMS

Combos will get better as the game matures, but what you see here will be reliable for anyone just learning the character or using her seriously. There's a lot more Catwoman tech to look at, like Siren's double F3 whiff combos, other hard knockdown setups, matchup specific strategies, etc. I can't keep up with all of it due to the production time of these videos, so make sure to check out the forums for more goods!

Attachments

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
beautifully done mayo, i'll be starting a flash guide myself after ect5 or ufgt9 depends if i have time in between to do it, and your videos inspired me to do them, i love the way you present it, it makes it easy for someone to pick up catwoman and instantly know how to punish very well, great job :)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
This is pretty tight. I really like the corner combos with the Cat Stance 1.
Thanks man. I sat there about 10 days ago for hours just trying to find damage in the corner. And then I just prayed that no one else would stumble upon them until I published this video. It worked out! I think the corner combos and the Air-to-air gravity are the best parts, personally. I also want to thank Ninj again for spending numerous hours with me recording the video for this. Otherwise it would have been done with my crap camera.

The production of this video, and research of the character, has taken me to near obsession levels. It feels damn good to be back.

Thanks man. I sat there about 10 days ago for hours just trying to find damage in the corner. And then I just prayed that no one else would stumble upon them until I published this video. It worked out! I think the corner combos and the Air-to-air gravity are the best parts, personally.

The production of this video, and research of the character, has taken me to near obsession levels. It feels damn good to be back.
I really appreciate the time you put into making this video. It's just unfortunate that I will never get close to being any where as good in this game to contribute. I just wanted to let you know how much your time and dedication (and obsession lol) is appreciated.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Thanks man. I sat there about 10 days ago for hours just trying to find damage in the corner. And then I just prayed that no one else would stumble upon them until I published this video. It worked out!
Excellent video, but some of the corner combos were already discovered...

http://testyourmight.com/threads/selena-kyle-combos-list-video.30123/

But getting the information out there is what matters most, so it's no big deal :). Most of the content in your video is pretty unknown, so thanks for elaborating. You've done a great thing for the Catwoman community.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
I hadn't noticed some things like damage scaling after Cat Dash, this video will help me a lot in finding out more variations.

Great work as always, Mayo.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

But getting the information out there is what matters most, so it's no big deal :). Most of the content in your video is pretty unknown, so thanks for elaborating. You've done a great thing for the Catwoman community.
UTM basically outlined her best (dmg vs reliability) combos for punishing and damage as they stand now, with the possible exception of Siren's double F3's. Awesome stuff!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

Thanks dude. I didn`t see anything there with the delayed 112 into Pounce/Dash so I`m not sure if that`s there or not. But then again, there`s like a million combos there. I just tried to put things together neatly into what I personally recommend. I`m looking forward to helping the community any way I can.

Thead

Noob
Excellent job Mayo, extremely good video and editing quality.

Love Catwoman atm with her safe Cat Claws, advantage on block Cartwheel and her untechable knockdowns.

Good shit again, and to Ninj for the work he put in.

I know this is a weird favor im asking for but... anyone care to post it without the music? The problem is i live in Germany and an institution called the GEMA blocks us from watching every video that contains music that isnt licensed by them... i would love to watch the video but cant...

Itd be pretty cool if someone could do that, thanks

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I know this is a weird favor im asking for but... anyone care to post it without the music? The problem is i live in Germany and an institution called the GEMA blocks us from watching every video that contains music that isnt licensed by them... i would love to watch the video but cant...

Itd be pretty cool if someone could do that, thanks
I knew there would be somebody... It`s the last song that flags it. I`ll render a version with another track and see if that flags it still. And then I`ll upload it to another channel of mine that I don`t use for videos, and I`ll get you the link. Probably around 1am or 2am tomorrow. Cool?

Mayo this vid is AWESOME! love your work man! I was telling my mate yesterday that her stance 1 seems useless lol but you proved that wrong. Don't care if the combos have already been discovered or not, i'm sure that the catwoman players will appreciate it... thanks for taking the time and making this video :)

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Here in the first installment of the "Science of Injustice" series (finally in HD!), we're looking at Catwoman's ability to punish from different distances. In the following video you'll see:

-- High damage corner combos using CatStance Flip
-- High damage midscreen situational punishes
-- Manipulating the gravity of air-to-air hits to capitalize on damage
-- The unclashable double F3 combo ender
-- Augmenting combo starters to avoid stage transitions

Ninj, STB Shujinkydink
KH StarCharger, EGP Wonder_Chef
GGA 16 Bit, Krayzie
@Siiren ★, Treadmill
Tim Static, STORMS

Combos will get better as the game matures, but what you see here will be reliable for anyone just learning the character or using her seriously. There's a lot more Catwoman tech to look at, like Siren's double F3 whiff combos, other hard knockdown setups, matchup specific strategies, etc. I can't keep up with all of it due to the production time of these videos, so make sure to check out the forums for more goods!

Great work Mayo. Last I saw you was on Sinestro's thread. Don't give away all of Catwomen's secretes; you may just hurt my Sinestro. :)