What's new

Mayo presents - The Dawn of a New Quan (new video guide)

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
What strings are you using then? When I do B21 B21 B11 rune it whiffs. If you do just B1 rune it will hit, but its the same percent damage as using B11 and then the trance builds more meter than the rune would have.
If mid rune doesn't hit, then use far rune. And vice versa.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Played online last night for the first time since this vid came out and I hit my first Mayo trap during one of the matches :D Feels damn good too lol.

Soul-Tattoo

a.k.a BigBerto
The intro should have read: "If you don't main Quan, get ready to sh*t yourself."

This is a great video! One could only wish that all character guides were as in-depth and informative as this one.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Sorry for the noobish question but was wondering
Is the rune trap 2,1,2 ex rune or 2,1 ex rune cuz you do it differently from the first vid to the last
I'm trying to pick up quan lol
He's so damn fun to play!
Playing from Australia though so there is no good competition, but still i get to practice the mayo trap :D

Error

DF2+R2
Sorry for the noobish question but was wondering
Is the rune trap 2,1,2 ex rune or 2,1 ex rune cuz you do it differently from the first vid to the last
I'm trying to pick up quan lol
He's so damn fun to play!
Playing from Australia though so there is no good competition, but still i get to practice the mayo trap :D
212, before we used to think that 21 was the only inescapable trap. 212 was thought to only work in the corner, but it turned out that it works midscreen as well.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I was trying to improvise the the trap in a corner combo......

I was trying B+2, 1 (x3) B+1, 1 EX Trance (whiff two trances), 1, 1 xx SkyDrop to Rune trap

Whiffing two trances seems impossible. I was soooo close so many times I really felt like it could be done. The most I got was a whiff trance and a whiff'd rune.... which unfortunately doesn't get you enough meter to do the full 3 bar rune trap. The whole combo would do 87% damage without damage boost.

With using the EX Trance and two runes you get roughly 72% damage.

The combo with three runes is possible to avoid breaker if the opponent has less than half a bar of meter.

I dunno, maybe you guys can do something with this.

Matsuura

Noob
It took me way too long to actually sit down and watch this video, but now I think I'm ready to main Quan Chi again. <:

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
im not gonna vote in that poll but the rune trap should stay. i havent even unlocked quan, never played him, but still think the rune trap should stay

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Wish I could land that 11 skydrop following the double trance, that's strict though. I've just been going for skydrop and trance due to the strict timing.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Very imformative Mayo! Outstanding work!

I Just started to play Quan Chi a few days ago and this video showed me a few tricks! Excellent!

Gouki

Wolf of Mibu

(introduction from Youtube)

In EarthRealm, Quan serves Mayo.

Under_The_Mayo proudly presents the epic conclusion of the Quan Chi Science video series, "The Dawn of a New Quan." Inside, we review the changes from the last major patch, and take a comprehensive look at Anti-Air punches and meter building. Detailed throughout the video are numerous situations that provide exactly how much meter you need to earn for a single/double/triple Rune Trap down to the 1/100th of a percent.

Finally, all the meter building math leads up to a brand new devastating approach to Rune Traps that is sure to send Quan's enemies fleeing in terror. Revealed here for the first time, this new trap (given a bit of a tongue-in-cheek name) and the advanced meter building are must-sees for any serious Quan player, as well as any player who needs to better understand the Quan match-up.

Quans around the world... rejoice, and prepare for the mega-backlash from everyone else. My lab coat and crazy mysterious bubbling chemicals will not be able to protect you from criticism over these tools. I just do the science. :)

Now...can I get a Woolay in the house?

Also included is this must see video: Mayo's first science of Quan.

(NOTE: the escape window mentioned in the Rune Trap is caused by dashing. By buffering 2 1 in the final animation frames of the skydrop, it is guaranteed to be unescapable. Therefore making the use of the EX Skull unnecessary.)

Click here to view the original presentation on Quan's ability to build meter:

Vote on the Rune Trap poll at MKU here! http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?9981-Mace-Apologizes-to-Quan-Chi.&p=230387#post230387
Damn Meyo, this is some awesome shit man, much respect, great job!!!!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Very happy to revisit this thread and see people continually checking it out and enjoying the trap!
Best thing that ever happened to me/Quan.
The only thing better than the Mayo Trap? The silly, dangerous things people will do to avoid it.

You are the greatest of all mayonnaise, sir.