What's new

[May 20, 2012] [EGP] "Mortal Souls" by NOS Enery & MLG - $500 Bonus (Long Beach, Ca)

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton

NOS Energy in collaboration with Major League Gaming and Epic Gamer Productions presents​
"MORTAL SOULS."​
$500 cash pot, some of the best players in Southern California, just a few weeks away from MLG: Anaheim, and the hype begins! See you guys on Sunday!​
NOS Energy in collaboration with Major League Gaming and Epic Gamer Productions presents​
"Mortal Souls"
$500 Bonus Cash Pot, MLG VIP Passes, Bikini Contest, Urban Dancing Competition and Sport Compact Auto Show!!

Lineup:
Mortal Kombat 9 ($150 Bonus Cash Pot plus MLG VIP Pass)
Soul Calibur 5 ($150 Bonus Cash Pot plus MLG VIP Pass)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ($200 Bonus Cash Pot)

Venue Location:Motion Auto Show & Expo
Long Beach Convention Center
300 Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802
http://www.motionautoshow.com/

Time:
Doors open @ 11:00am
Competition from 12:00pm-6:00pm

Explanation of fees: IF YOU ENTER ANY TOURNAMENT YOU GET INTO THE MOTION AUTO SHOW FOR FREE.

$3 cash pot per game
$2 venue fee (paid only once)

Example 1: You play Mortal Kombat only. You pay $5.
Example 2: You play Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat. You pay $8

Payout: You will be paid in cash immediately following the tournament.
Cash Pot: 60/30/10 percent split.
MK9/SC5: Each winner will receive a free VIP pass to MLG Anaheim in June.

Registration: Please reply to this thread with your NAME and GAMERTAG and I will put you on a registration list. You will pay your entry fee at the event when you check in with us for the tournament.

Rules: All PS3 Consoles, Evo Rules, 2/3 Rounds (3/5 for SC5), 2/3 games (finals 3/5), Double Elimination. BRING YOUR OWN FIGHSTICK/CONTROLLER. If you only own an Xbox stick/pad I have 2 house Mad Catz TE fightsticks for use.

drift221

Shocking Your System
I don't get it. Is it a tournament with a car show, with a bikini show, with a dancing competition? Or is it part of another event with all that stuff in it?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Is anyone going that could give me a ride back to South Pasadena? I would need to be home by 8:30 at the latest.

I could give however much gas money.

errr... even though you already know my info, just for the sake of registering properly -
Adam Smith - CaliMaestro

(that has got to be the weirdest way I have ever registered for a tournament lol)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Actually this spot is pretty accessible from the train. Can anyone give me a ride there, and I can take the train back?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Words can't describe how bad ass this community is, hence why I've been pestering BuryInBlack with constant entreaties to join the SoCal offline scene. If you're passionate enough about MK that you're willing to fight through lag and a bunch of online warrior hate mail, and not drop the game, then you need to make it out to EGP. I have yet to meet one a-hole at these events, from newcomers such as Goatlegs to the top dudes like Krayzie, Pboard, Tyrant, Xbladez, et al. Everyone is humble and welcoming. If they blow you up with a certain tech, they are more than willing to offer advice on how to counter such maneuvers. Everyone wants to elevate each others game, no egos, no drama, no b.s. As long as this community exists, I'll be playing this game. You won't find this playing Crap of Duty. All SoCal MK enthusiasts need to come out. It's worth the time, worth the drive. /Filibuster

I'll be pretty busy, finishing important schoolwork for my last days in school. I'll try to go if i finish. Ill stay at my moms house since its pretty close, and I'll get a ride ....... but I don't have the money to enter =(

also, I dropped Freddy. I'm sticking to my old main. can I use a street fighter pad for this? I really don't want to use the standard control it's so lousy.

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
JUST ADDED: Namco/Bandai hooked us up with a bunch of their games that we'll be giving away for free plus Nos swag.