What's new

Video/Tutorial MaxIntensity25's Punishment Guide - Bane vs. Black Adam's Divekick

GGA Max

Almost two months into the lifespan of Injustice, Black Adam's divekick is one of many headaches that has plagued those trying to find ways to counter the move and level both ends of the playing field. You can only imagine the stress Bane players have felt from dealing with this electrifying sensation, given that he is regarded by the majority as a low-tier character in the game.

Well, get ready to start hitting the lab, because Maxintensity25 from the Bane community has brought up a video that highlights Bane's options on punishing Black Adam's divekick. If you found this match-up to be a mountainous frustration, you'll want to check this video out. Any questions, feel free to make a post.

Thanks again to MaxIntensity25 for his contribution.

Article edited by GamerBlake90

Attachments

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Never ever do f.2.
Sends him full screen to light us up.
Its better to just dash after him honestly.

GGA Max

Never ever do f.2.
Sends him full screen to light us up.
Its better to just dash after him honestly.
Sorry, did you not see where I wrote you have to make a read / react to onashnd Adam's dash has recovery on the end of it where he will get hit and not light us up?

Edit: its not really a read, you can do it on reaction if you're looking for it.

Fuck my phone. Should say up there *read / react to the dash, and Adams dash has recovery *

GGA Max

not impressive, upperbody blocked divekicks are known to be negative, nothing new here. wont stop good blackadams from doing what they want to do.
If Adam's aiming for your legs, you have a better chance of whiff punishing him. But I think this does work for lower body too (the f2 / f2d stuff), it becomes a read instead of a reaction. And he's out of d1 range.

Those aren't true punishes honestly. f2 is stupidly risky to do (if BA is not the right height or you aren't tight on the frames with f2, you get blocked and blown up), and f2d doesn't really do anything because BA can just backdash afterward for free. BA will rarely jump back after a dive kick. BA divekicks are still generally free if not overly abused.

Yea, good luck throwing out F2's. If you think he's going to back dash, you're probably better off just dashing with him.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
with the F2 you can input down also and club him and hit his grab and you can start pressure and doing mix ups unless there's a problem with the F2 clubbing hit i don't know the name but yeah is there something wrong with this?

GGA Max

with the F2 you can input down also and club him and hit his grab and you can start pressure and doing mix ups unless there's a problem with the F2 clubbing hit i don't know the name but yeah is there something wrong with this?
Yeah I just called it f2d in the video. But if that gets blocked and you cancel into dbf3 (grab) it will whiff and you're very negative on frames.