What's new

Maximilian's issues with MK11

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Go back and watch sonic v ninja any of their sets sonic nor ninja even try AAing like just because you see it done once doesnt mean its RELIABLE that's what this is about reliability until I see everyone AA everything everytime I stand by it. In a game where everyone jumps all of the time no one NO ONE AAs 90% of jump ins.
Watching the set in loser finals they played at etc, the only thing i saw was ninjakilling flawless block u2 most jumpins, only got hit by a few because he got whiffpunished, and the other he made them whiff by good spacing, either way i didnt see any problem jk's being too strong or lack of AA. Good try tho

I don't enjoy watching max or any of his content but this was a good watch.

He's right yknow. Mk11 is shit. Its great reading nrs fanboy rebuttal.

"But but at least this game is still fun to me! ;\"

Lmao
that's kinda all it is. we call out mk11 for how bland simple and easy it is and surprise the people that say it's fun to them or it's their favorite mk is because it's simple and easy. this simplification of games has to stop somewhere

Sazbak

Noob
DID YOU JUST COMPARE WOMEN GETTING THE RIGHT TO VOTE TO YOU WANTING NRS TO CHANGE GAME MECHANICS TO SUIT YOUR OWN WANTS? OMG take my internet away dead God PLEASE.

When women didn't have the right to vote they didn't COMPLAIN about it, it was something we should have had in the first place. They fought to have a right that should have been theirs from the get-go. Comparing that to simply wanting different mechanics in the game makes no freaking sense.

Seriously wtf is wrong with kids these days? Too much Fortnite I say.
Yes I did, because on an abstract level it's the same. If you don't like something you raise your voice regardless how small or big the issue is.
ALSO IF YOU WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT OM,GHGHGHKMTGKDFMKN.

So yeah people who don't like stuff in this game should be listened to and not mocked.

Sazbak

Noob
There are tons of unique mechanics, people just don't use them or see them because they aren't top tier. You could find them too, if you weren't so busy waiting for someone else to show it to you.
O rlly? I like how you found a way to insert an obligatory condescending insult into your one and a half line of comment. Seriously look at the creativity of a character design in other fg and compare it to Jumpin/d1+special/air special Kombat 11.
Already said an example in my previous post regarding Johnny's 3rd variation and how uncreative it was by adding that Rising Star special move.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yes I did, because on an abstract level it's the same. If you don't like something you raise your voice regardless how small or big the issue is.
ALSO IF YOU WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS DOESN'T MAKE YOU RIGHT OM,GHGHGHKMTGKDFMKN.

So yeah people who don't like stuff in this game should be listened to and not mocked.
I'LL WRITE HOWEVER I WANT
IM CAFEENATED
I HAVE NO CHILL
IM PMSing
DEAL WITH IT

Also, no your comparison sucked ass and made no damn sense and you couldn't even explain your point if you wanted to because you had none.

Sazbak

Noob
I'LL WRITE HOWEVER I WANT
IM CAFEENATED
I HAVE NO CHILL
IM PMSing
DEAL WITH IT

Also, no your comparison sucked ass and made no damn sense and you couldn't even explain your point if you wanted to because you had none.
I actually thought about making a PMS joke but decided not to, partially because that's a low blow and also because you're a mod.

Edit: AND ALSO i RISPKT WOMENZZZ

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
that's kinda all it is. we call out mk11 for how bland simple and easy it is and surprise the people that say it's fun to them or it's their favorite mk is because it's simple and easy. this simplification of games has to stop somewhere
Why does it need to stop if people like it and those people continue to play the game?

Just because you personally don't like it, or is there some other reason?

Sazbak

Noob
Lol what point is not clear? I will explain it for the 3rd time. IN GENERAL if you don't like something you raise your voice regardless of how big or small the issue is. That's how we evolve.
I just mentioned a completely random example regarding the women's movement.

What's not clear about this? Can't believe this is hard to understand for you.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Lol what point is not clear? I will explain it for the 3rd time. IN GENERAL if you don't like something you raise your voice regardless of how big or small the issue is. That's how we evolve.
I just mentioned a completely random example regarding the women's movement.

What's not clear about this? Can't believe this is hard to understand for you.
The example made no sense. Because we're not game developers, fan service 100% leads to shit shows and even if you think you want something changed in the game, once it's implemented, you may feel differently. That's why all our suggestions are just that, we can't test them and thus don't know if they'll be good or not.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Watching the set in loser finals they played at etc, the only thing i saw was ninjakilling flawless block u2 most jumpins, only got hit by a few because he got whiffpunished, and the other he made them whiff by good spacing, either way i didnt see any problem jk's being too strong or lack of AA. Good try tho
Why must everyone have really short sighted takes. AA in mk11 GENERALLY are POOR if your not cetrion frost nightwolf or terminator. Dedicated AAs are POOR I would consider air grabs and d2s these. FB I woulndt consider really optional,losing meter to stop a jump when it cost your opponent nothing to do.All in all you can AA in this game it's not impossible, what the community has been saying is if your not cetrion being jumped on gives a feeling of powerlessness it's not unfair for anyone to voice that opinion. If you feel as though you AA everything good for you the overall consensus is AA are hard.

Sazbak

Noob
The example made no sense. Because we're not game developers, fan service 100% leads to shit shows and even if you think you want something changed in the game, once it's implemented, you may feel differently. That's why all our suggestions are just that, we can't test them and thus don't know if they'll be good or not.
We don't have to be game developers. If someone e.g. finds something underisable in the game we can post it on Twitter and tag in certain people from NRS and if enough people are unsatisfied with the same stuff NRS might do something.
I used to complain about the replay mode not allowing you to go back to Kombat card and tagged in 16bit and now the functionality is there.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Why must everyone have really short sighted takes. AA in mk11 GENERALLY are POOR if your not cetrion frost nightwolf or terminator. Dedicated AAs are POOR I would consider air grabs and d2s these. FB I woulndt consider really optional,losing meter to stop a jump when it cost your opponent nothing to do.All in all you can AA in this game it's not impossible, what the community has been saying is if your not cetrion being jumped on gives a feeling of powerlessness it's not unfair for anyone to voice that opinion. If you feel as though you AA everything good for you the overall consensus is AA are hard.
Theres only few characters with poor AA. Besides FB costs meter but u get a full combo, by the time game is back to neutral you already have meter again.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
You only get plus on block if u do a late jumpkick but if they do late jumpkick it is much easier to AA.

Last tourney i saw @SonicNinja3532 had no problem at all antiairing ppl/.
Mk11 has no depth and is casualfriendly and too simple based on comments on this forum but those ppl dont even know how to antiair or never tried to use flawless block for jk's so yeah it is what is is.
I’m not gonna lie those were lucky ass anti airs. Jump ins in this game are still beyond retarded lol don’t get it twisted, there are deadass certain angles where a flawless block is literally your only option, and if you’ve been blocking less than 10f before the jump kick as of this patch then you aren’t doing anything at all lol

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
I agree with Max 99 percent of the time because I think he and I both play fighting games for the same reasons so its no surprise I agree here.
The game is dry and gets boring very quickly. I don't have to think too hard what my opponent is going to do when I see them make their pick because they really cant do much.

xKMMx

Banned
I think MK11 would be perfect if it had a better wake-up system, more combo paths for characters, and NRS would stop trying to make every character play like how you want through variations and instead try to develop characters with solid archetypes so we have more clear and focused gameplay diversity between the fighters.

There are some other things too, like better online rewards, cross-play, more decline options, etc, but I feel what said above are the main things that need changing, at least for me anyway.

I haven't touched online in forever and I haven't even played the game since a couple weeks after Terminator came out. I'll give it another try when Sindel comes out, but either this game gets stale quickly or NRS games just aren't for me anymore because despite being super hyped for the game it hasn't held my attention nearly as long as I thought it would have.
My feelings exactly. THis game just gets very repetitive really fast.

xKMMx

Banned
because it's gentrification of fighting games. they just throw things out the window in hopes of more casual investment
Its accessibility. COre-a had an awesome video about this. Id post the link but I'm on a work device and cant access YouTube.
It think the lack of interesting or cool combos and variety in this game sucks and making the game easier to win at with shit as easy to pull off as throws, KB's and FB's is lame. This comes from a guy that barely got back into fighting games two years ago after not playing any for years.

Ilthuain

because it's gentrification of fighting games. they just throw things out the window in hopes of more casual investment
Things can be simple without being similar. Fantasy Strike, One Must Fall 2097, MK2, and Primal Rage are all "simple" fighting games by modern standards, but they're all unique.

Things can be simple without being similar. Fantasy Strike, One Must Fall 2097, MK2, and Primal Rage are all "simple" fighting games by modern standards, but they're all unique.
you just give me a bunch of old ass games and a clear game absolutely developed with accessibility in mindset (fantasy strike)? maaaan. you know damn well nrs of all people don't have to be doing this and technology has advanced beyond then to make some truly unique, good, and fun fighting games.

Max has been doing his Terry Bogard legacy and after watching his video for Capcom vs SNK 2, how sick would it be if MK11 had instead of character variations it had groove system like CVS2. You could have one like the current system, one based off the 3D era with stances maybe, one for MK9, and MKX groove with running and traditional meter. One style could be geared more towards beginners while others could be more advanced, this could be a great way of helping new players without hamstringing returning player looking for a more open experience.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Labbing is the genre of game I am in love with. Unfortunately, Injustice 2 was the last NRS game in that genre. Ever since even MKvDC, I spent hundreds of hours labbing the “crazy time delayed setups” and “hard-to-blockables” in each game. In MK11, I ran out of shit to lab in about 5 hours. The game is just a different genre, not one I am particularly fond of. It’s probably a best fighting game from NRS, but ultimately the least fun. It’s just so limited, I agree with Dood.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
We don't have to be game developers. If someone e.g. finds something underisable in the game we can post it on Twitter and tag in certain people from NRS and if enough people are unsatisfied with the same stuff NRS might do something.
I used to complain about the replay mode not allowing you to go back to Kombat card and tagged in 16bit and now the functionality is there.
Yes we do. What people, including you, don't realize is that gamers can identify problems in games but not solve them, that's the devs' job. Just because you find something that COULD BE a problem, that doesn't mean it actually is, and just because your suggested solution/request sounds TO YOU legit, that doesn't mean it actually is, and just like Vslayer just said, just because IT COULD make the game better, that doesn't mean it will actually make the game better to you and/or anybody else in the long run. And when gamers complain and suggest and they just do it without realizing that, or that they do but still do it because they clearly have an agenda behind it with the clear goal of benefit them alone (whatever it is a buff/nerf to a char, a change to a mechanic etc) then it clearly becomes just toxicity and hate with no substance. Of course that there are exceptions to that, and the reason that the Replay-Kombat Kard feature that you brought up worked is because it really was one of those exceptions. But a very good majority of the complaints aren't like that because either one of the two reasons I've mentioned above. And if someone needs to make a stupid fucking comparison between those type of complaints to a social political subject just to justify his complaints, then YOU KNOW you shouldn't take his complaints seriously (again you might have got away with the Kombat Kard thing, but after you just said this, that's the end of the road for you).

^This. And like I said above, if someone needs to make a stupid comparison between those type of complaints to a social political subject just to justify his complaints, then YOU KNOW you shouldn't take his complaints seriously.

Ilthuain

Labbing is the genre of game I am in love with. Unfortunately, Injustice 2 was the last NRS game in that genre. Ever since even MKvDC, I spent hundreds of hours labbing the “crazy time delayed setups” and “hard-to-blockables” in each game. In MK11, I ran out of shit to lab in about 5 hours. The game is just a different genre, not one I am particularly fond of. It’s probably a best fighting game from NRS, but ultimately the least fun. It’s just so limited, I agree with Dood.
Yeah, I think it's a personal taste thing.

I'm anti-lab. I wanted a fighting game that would get me playing against another human as quickly as possible, without the necessity of spending more than 10 minutes in training. When I was younger I could afford to spend months learning every move of every character in Tekken Tag, but I just don't have time to do stuff like that any more, so more straightforward games are appealing.

I remember something David Sirlin wrote years ago about wanting to limit the time that people needed to invest in "single player" (meaning training modes) in fighting games before they felt comfortable competing against other players. That philosophy eventually became Fantasy Strike, but for older ex-arcade players like me, it inspired nostalgia for the ways fighting games used to be. Learning what tools were at your disposal didn't take single player "lab time", your learning was how to use those tools against live players. MK11, for me, is closer to that experience, so that's one of the reasons I dig it.

Max is into flashy stuff, novelty, and watching excellent players exploit systems. I respect that, but that's not what I want out of a fighting game. I think there's space in the genre to appeal to many different types of players, and games don't have to be crammed full of complicated systems and interactions in order to be considered successful.

MORDECA1

Noob
I feel like esports tournaments are good evidence against Maximilian and others' opinion that the game is too easy. If the skill ceiling was so small how can one player be so dominant? I don't think players like Sonic Fox, NinjaKilla, Dragon, etc. wouldn't consistently rise and I don't think Sonic Fox in particular could dominate like he has if the game didn't have a real skill ceiling to it.