What's new

Maximilian's issues with MK11

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It's easy to just wave off the points someone makes if you disagree with their opinions. It's harder to look past those opinions and take the points at face value. Whether you like or dislike Max, agree or disagree with him, he still has some valid points and is addressing some things that MK11 indeed suffers from, or at least stuff that should be looked at with a critical eye.

I understand it can be hard to be unbiased though. I personally like Max, but I also disagree with some of the things he says about MK11. I acknowledge the game isn't perfect and has some flaws that should be dealt with, or at least changed for MK12, even if I love MK11 and enjoy playing it very much.

Of course Max has his own preference in fighting games, and if MK11 isn't doing it for him, that's completely alright! You don't have to agree with his views and share his preferences to acknowledge that he has some valid points that should be addressed though.

For example, I'm not into super fast-paced fighters which locks you into a super long combo you can't get out of, such as DBFZ and MvC, but I am also not a fan of fighters that are too slow and too focused on footsies only, like with Street Fighter and SamSho.

I get what he means with MK11 not having enough "cool stuff" to do, but I'm glad the game isn't as focused on footsies as NRS might claim they wanted the game to be. It could need a bit more OOMPH, but not to the point of MKX's "run in and juggle your opponent to oblivion" gameplay.

A lot of it is just personal preferences; I mean, Max made this video to share his perspective, how he feels about the game and such, which is completely within his right to talk about on his twitch channel and post on his youtube channel - and it is also alright if you disagree with him - but again, there are still some things that we can all take from it and look at critically without letting our personal bias blind us.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself throughout this post, got the flu and my head is full of snot atm, but I hope my point came through anyways. ^^

There are a lot of characters who at least have one option with s1, a poke or any other button plus you always have the option to flawless block with every character. I never struggled anti airing in this game with any character I played yet.
teching is a 50/50 yes, but depending on your position you have a way better chance to tech. Even if you tech wrong and get thrown out of the corner, if your opponent only has one throw kb chances are his next throw is gonna be that direction.
s1 shouldn't be the go to option though. there are characters that have something besides s1 but that's like a handful. people also talk about how they've made flawless blocking anti airs slightly more difficult with the recent patch.

Sazbak

Noob
What I agree with is that MK11 lacks creativity when it comes to character design. I mean look at e.g. a Blazblue game, the characters are all really interesting.

Now let's look at Johnny's 3rd variation. He gets a tool that he can play poke mind games with(Rising Star) like lot of other characters. You mostly see these same cliches appearing when it comes to character design. I bet if Johnny gets a 4th variation it will contain an air special move that he can play jumpin mind games with e.g a teleport or a divekick.
No more divekicks, d1+specials, and other scrubby boring stuff. I want to play a character with an interesting and unique mechanic.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Im a scrub with no fundamentals and even i dont have problems anti airing except crossups but im getting better at using flawlessblock to AA crossups.
Or you can low profile too.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
This site nut hugs this game too much....
Dude. It seems like every day there's a new thread bitching about something. Bitching about "no neutral", bitching about Fatal Blows, bitching about the roster, bitching about the blandness of the characters compared to Waku Waku 7 or Asura Blade or some other game nobody cares about.

This site nut hugs... give me a break, man. It astounds me that anybody who's been here a while would think that this site isn't negative enough.

Last edited:
Combo's dont need to have extreme hard execution, just look impressive/creative.

I, for one, appreciate what NRS tried to do with MK11 (make it more like MK2 in terms of simplicity) and worked for me just fine. To each their own, I guess.
As much as Mk2 is loved, it never was bc the gameplay. It was the characters, environments, music etc. The gameplay was fun for it's time but not impressive today. I think MK9 comes closer to a well evolved Mk2 gameplay and visual wise.. MK11 imo lacks the cool atmosphere mk2 games had

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Combo's dont need to have extreme hard execution, just look impressive/creative.

As much as Mk2 is loved, it never was bc the gameplay. It was the characters, environments, music etc. The gameplay was fun for it's time but not impressive today. I think MK9 comes closer to a well evolved Mk2 gameplay and visual wise.. MK11 imo lacks the cool atmosphere mk2 games had
All of those 3 games have awesome gameplay, atmosphere, roster and presentation, and while MK9 is close to MK2 in terms of gameplay, MK11 is even closer in terms of the gameplay. And people still play MK2 up to this day, both casually and competitively. MK11 is the updated version of MK2.

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Actually i don't care about the player opinions who needs to improve their skills first like Maximillian or those who made quitality after 7-0... I know you and i don't want to reveal who you are. Before shitting on the game judge yourselves.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I don't agree with everything Max said (like 95% combos being good for the game), but I do agree that this game is INSANELY boring to play and especially watch. I can't remember the last time I even played it, honestly. I think it was to try out Terminator when he was released. This is unheard of for me, because I played MK9, Injustice and MKX to absolute death and never got sick of them. I also enjoyed Injustice 2, but just not as much as the others I mentioned. Having said that, I'd play Injustice 2 over MK11, for sure.

This is without question my least favorite NRS release thus far. Visually, it's without equal, as I've said before.

Unfortunately, I know there won't be any major changes that would draw me or anyone with the same opinion as me back to the game. If they really are supporting this game longer than the other NRS releases, it will be a shame, because I couldn't imagine anyone still enjoying playing this game by the time Spawn is released, let alone after that. I'd have much rather MK9 or MKX be the game they decided to continue to support/update, but obviously that's no longer a possibility.

Sazbak

Noob
I still enjoy playing the game, never stopped since release day. If you don't like it and you're forcing yourself to love it and you see absolutely no enjoyment in playing it, then that's on you.
Or we complain and hope that NRS considers some of our suggestion and make the game more fun.
Complaining has a negative stigma attached to it but positive change can only be achieved by saying the things that one doesn't like.
Sure there are good ways and bad ways to complain.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Or we complain and hope that NRS considers some of our suggestion and make the game more fun.
Complaining has a negative stigma attached to it but positive change can only be achieved by saying the things that one doesn't like.
Sure there are good ways and bad ways to complain.
Complaining IS negative, it doesn't need a stigma lmao.

People can bring up suggestions sure, but it's their job to analyze and see if the changes would work or not, not ours. If they considered something and didn't change it, it's probably for a good reason.

Sazbak

Noob
Complaining IS negative, it doesn't need a stigma lmao.

People can bring up suggestions sure, but it's their job to analyze and see if the changes would work or not, not ours. If they considered something and didn't change it, it's probably for a good reason.
Negative is not bad, it's not something that should be avoided. If I don't like something I raise my voice, that's how things advance in everywhere.
The way you express non-pleasant, negative stuff is important, but complaints and suggestions are how stuff evolve in life.
Women complained that they have the right to vote and voila now they can vote.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
they do with jik. it's too easy to get a +on block jik.
You only get plus on block if u do a late jumpkick but if they do late jumpkick it is much easier to AA.

Last tourney i saw @SonicNinja3532 had no problem at all antiairing ppl/.
Mk11 has no depth and is casualfriendly and too simple based on comments on this forum but those ppl dont even know how to antiair or never tried to use flawless block for jk's so yeah it is what is is.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Negative is not bad, it's not something that should be avoided. If I don't like something I raise my voice, that's how things advance in everywhere.
The way you express non-pleasant, negative stuff is important, but complaints and suggestions are how stuff evolve in life.
Women complained that they have the right to vote and voila now they can vote.
DID YOU JUST COMPARE WOMEN GETTING THE RIGHT TO VOTE TO YOU WANTING NRS TO CHANGE GAME MECHANICS TO SUIT YOUR OWN WANTS? OMG take my internet away dead God PLEASE.

When women didn't have the right to vote they didn't COMPLAIN about it, it was something we should have had in the first place. They fought to have a right that should have been theirs from the get-go. Comparing that to simply wanting different mechanics in the game makes no freaking sense.

Seriously wtf is wrong with kids these days? Too much Fortnite I say.

DID YOU JUST COMPARE WOMEN GETTING THE RIGHT TO VOTE TO YOU WANTING NRS TO CHANGE GAME MECHANICS TO SUIT YOUR OWN WANTS? OMG take my internet away dead God PLEASE.

When women didn't have the right to vote they didn't COMPLAIN about it, it was something we should have had in the first place. They fought to have a right that should have been theirs from the get-go. Comparing that to simply wanting different mechanics in the game makes no freaking sense.

Seriously wtf is wrong with kids these days? Too much Fortnite I say.
Do not get in fights over women's issues on the internet, or you will end up discussing with people that call women drama Queens when they complain about salary differences, agressions, rapes, etc., while at the same time crying that their characters are not lewd enough due to the SJW agenda.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Weird that when i see tourneys, pros dont seem to have problems either to AA.
Go back and watch sonic v ninja any of their sets sonic nor ninja even try AAing like just because you see it done once doesnt mean its RELIABLE that's what this is about reliability until I see everyone AA everything everytime I stand by it. In a game where everyone jumps all of the time no one NO ONE AAs 90% of jump ins.

Reactions: JTC

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
I don't enjoy watching max or any of his content but this was a good watch.

He's right yknow. Mk11 is shit. Its great reading nrs fanboy rebuttal.

"But but at least this game is still fun to me! ;\"

Lmao

trufenix

bye felicia
What I agree with is that MK11 lacks creativity when it comes to character design. I mean look at e.g. a Blazblue game, the characters are all really interesting.

Now let's look at Johnny's 3rd variation. He gets a tool that he can play poke mind games with(Rising Star) like lot of other characters. You mostly see these same cliches appearing when it comes to character design. I bet if Johnny gets a 4th variation it will contain an air special move that he can play jumpin mind games with e.g a teleport or a divekick.
No more divekicks, d1+specials, and other scrubby boring stuff. I want to play a character with an interesting and unique mechanic.
There are tons of unique mechanics, people just don't use them or see them because they aren't top tier. You could find them too, if you weren't so busy waiting for someone else to show it to you.