What's new

Maximilian's issues with MK11

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
If sonic played dive kick he would still be a top player
Are you actually comparing MK11 to Divekick? Sorry but that's extremely dumb. MK11 is a fantastic game, not every game has to be the same in terms of where the skills ceiling is set. Facts.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Are you actually comparing MK11 to Divekick? Sorry but that's extremely dumb. MK11 is a fantastic game, not every game has to be the same in terms of where the skills ceiling is set. Facts.
He’s just saying that whether or not top players are able to win isn’t dependent on the supposed skill ceiling of a game.

I don’t think he was bashing MK11 with that comment.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Eji17000 yeah because it's not like MK 11 has any of that, annoying pressure in the corner, characters with easy jailing, frame traps, stupid shit. Oh wait...lol

lol Dive kick? I think with a little practice almost anyone can be a top player in that game. From what I recall has like 2 buttons and movement. Not much depth there compared to other FG honestly.

It's cause Takeda and Pred aren't in this game haha But seriously, who doesn't have an issue with MK 11 at this point? lol

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
@MKF30 Although the game only has 2 buttons it would be focused heavily on spacing and fundamental play.
The game footsies only has back and forward movement and one attack button but is honestly a very difficult game to play vs somebody who is good and understands 2d fundamentals. Low skill ceiling doesn't mean a game is easy to win. In some cases it is harder as there are no gimmicks.

ChrisG won his first ever Divekick tournament playing the game for the first time.

Divekick just cements the fact that no matter how much companies cater to scrubs crying about option selects, fireballs, 1-frame links and OH/low mixups, they can't actually make the games so easy that even those morons can win against a pro unless they make it literally rock paper scissors.

DeftMonk

Noob
Dive kicks are like my favorite thing of all time in fighting games. I always disliked the way they implemented lao’s dive kick. Imagine how busted lao would be tho if he could cancel normals into a super jump ia dive kick into a string tho. Sometimes some dirt is what makes a game fun tho and I think that’s a lot of what max is saying. Max should just pick up jaqui’s third variation and go to town lol.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@MKF30 Although the game only has 2 buttons it would be focused heavily on spacing and fundamental play.
The game footsies only has back and forward movement and one attack button but is honestly a very difficult game to play vs somebody who is good and understands 2d fundamentals. Low skill ceiling doesn't mean a game is easy to win. In some cases it is harder as there are no gimmicks.
Of course I mean not saying it has no skill involved, just alot less going on than your typical fighter. I agree with that motto easy to play, hard to master. Divekick seemingly disappeared though. I did get a kick out the fact that two of their characters were parody knockoffs of an mk and sf character.

Finally came around watching the video, because I usually dodge his videos because I think he's an idiot and his opinions are bad.

So it's almost what I expected it to be: Here's a guy complaining about the game not having shit that he can't do, yet the fucker hasn't done a single flawless block outside of it being an accident ever.

The good parts were his complaints about the online, the single player shit and how this is promoted as a grounded, whiff punish heavy game without insane mixups, when some characters just completely shit on that notion and unga bunga all day to victory.

I love the game but there's a lot of shit that needs to be worked on.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
I agree. The game is bland. And very restrictive.

In injustice 1 you could play 1 character at least 3 different ways. Not the same in the past two NRS games.

People praise the balance but the balance is artificial imo.

Games are meant to be fun and exciting. Not "good". Exciting.