What's new

Maximilian Arika's Impressions & Footage.

Shaka

Tier Whore.

Not much to say just that I love Hokuto already.
I like how she looks and fights, def my type.

50mins of gameplay

Last edited:

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !

Not much to say just that I love Hokuto already.
I like how she looks and fights, def my type.
AHH The nostalgia .. i played this is ps1 and was awesome. Cracker , kairi , and VOLCANO ROSSO LOOL DEFENETLY A MUST BUY FOR ME .

Shaka

Tier Whore.
The game looks rough but understandably so it's in is early stage. Hokuto looks so much better than the rest of the cast though. She's awesome.

I played this a lot at Evo: mostly using Garuda with the juggernaut deck. The deck system is really interesting and will take time to fully explore. Definitely the game I'm looking the most forward to next year.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I played this a lot at Evo: mostly using Garuda with the juggernaut deck. The deck system is really interesting and will take time to fully explore. Definitely the game I'm looking the most forward to next year.
How do combos work? If you don't mind talking about all your learn from playing it?

I'm very interested in this game; maybe it's community isn't as bad as ours.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
hmmm... this game dose not look like my kind of thing... guess that means it will be main stage at EVO for the next 6 years : (

How do combos work? If you don't mind talking about all your learn from playing it?

It has chain combos...

I don't know what he mentioned since I didn't watch the video, but it has a deck mechanic which gives you power ups as time progresses. You can also boost the progress on each power up by completing objectives. They also carry over between rounds. This got fairly crazy since the highest abilities led to things like infinite super meter or a ton of super armor. People at the booth were complaining it was an oversight, but it's an obvious design choice that that just been under-explored.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
It has chain combos and launching mechanics so kinda like Guilty Gear.
Not like Guilty Gear at all, theirs also no launchers outside of Hokouto's super

Pretty basic system, characters can chain from Punches to kick going up in strength IE Light Punch to Light Kick to Medium to Heavy ETC, you can also freely cancel to command normals at any point. Characters so far all have runs & you can cancel those runs into normals or specials & they retain the momentum from the dash, a lot of chains don't connect fully due to range but the dash momentum makes a ton of them work so it's important.

A big thing about the game is that you can cancel supers into other supers for big damamge, it's been a hallmark of the EX series& Fighting Layer.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I'm really interested in it. There are several characters I've wanted to have another go with for a long time now that have been tied up in the rights division. The old games are just too rough to go back to, so I think it will be great to have a more modern EX experience. It may just end up being a nostalgic trip for me, but it's a tripI really want to take and something I really want to exist.