What's new

Max plays lev01 Batman vs Lev20 Joker

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

Max has made a video of him playing a level 1 Batman vs a Level 20 Joker.. I think it is a great demonstration of how the gear system is probably the worst idea to be added to any fighting game in so long.

I mean look at this shit? Base strings taking 1/2 health and more.

The gear system on paper was awesome... but putting stat bonuses was a huge missfire. We already know that pretty much every game you play online will be "gearless". We know that gear is banned form competition so no one who likes to compete will ever use gear as they do not want muscle memory to have moves and stuff they can not use.

All they needed to do was have the gear just be cosmetic and imo, have the variation system setup so you could choose 2 or 3 "skills" as in new strings or specials at the start screen and this would have been epic on all levels...

Instead the gear system is probably the worst idea in the FGC... and one that only a tiny fraction of the playerbase and nearly no one on this site will ever use.

Hope you guys like those "character reveal" videos, as like 1/2 of moves and stuff you saw you will NEVER use. We all can agree the stats idea is mega lame and now it is just a costume system, and yes that is very cool in its own way. Still I think of all the work NRS put into this failure and it saddens me, especially when it was so close to being amazing.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys

Max has made a video of him playing a level 1 Batman vs a Level 20 Joker.. I think it is a great demonstration of how the gear system is probably the worst idea to be added to any fighting game in so long.

I mean look at this shit? Base strings taking 1/2 health and more.

The gear system on paper was awesome... but putting stat bonuses was a huge missfire. We already know that pretty much every game you play online will be "gearless". We know that gear is banned form competition so no one who likes to compete will ever use gear as they do not want muscle memory to have moves and stuff they can not use.

All they needed to do was have the gear just be cosmetic and imo, have the variation system setup so you could choose 2 or 3 "skills" as in new strings or specials at the start screen and this would have been epic on all levels...

Instead the gear system is probably the worst idea in the FGC... and one that only a tiny fraction of the playerbase and nearly no one on this site will ever use.

Hope you guys like those "character reveal" videos, as like 1/2 of moves and stuff you saw you will NEVER use. We all can agree the stats idea is mega lame and now it is just a costume system, and yes that is very cool in its own way. Still I think of all the work NRS put into this failure and it saddens me, especially when it was so close to being amazing.
ONCE AGAIN. IM NOT SURE IF UR JUST FUCKING AROUND OR NOT BUT I REALLY AM STARTING TO THINK U HAVE SOME SORT OF DISABILITY. IF U THINK THE GEAR IS OP AND RUINS THE GAME THEN DONT FUCKING USE IT. IM ABOUT SICK OF UR SHIT. "... the worst idea to be added to any fighting game in so long. " YOU GOT TO BE YANKING MY DICK OFF. ITS MEANT FOR THE FUCKING CASUALS WHICH U CLEARLY ARE. JUST DO URSELF A FAVOR AND SHUT UR FUCKING MOUTH.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
In pvp levels don't matter, you are leveled up to what ever your opponent is.

Gear stats are for casuals who play the multi verse and fuck around online with a small group of casual friends.
Casuals love stupid ass RPG elements, hence why every single game that came out in the last 5 years has dumb ass rpg elements that mean absolutely fucking nothing.

None of it matters, who cares. Doesn't effect your or me.

myri

Time Warrior
Wow I didn't actually bother to read this thread because I've seen the video, I just wanted to comment on the awful title but now I want to say what you've written here is a bunch of bullshit. If you'd been paying any attention to how this system works you'd know that the game doesn't match level 20 characters with level 1 characters, it will match you with someone with similar gear and similar level. Like Goonie says it is mostly for the casuals but I also just appreciate it for the customisation alone.

I don't know why you come on this site to just shit on things for no reason. The other day you were posting some other crap in a thread complaining about other people getting to play the game before you and that only people who can actually play well should be able to play it and you got blown up for that too, I really don't understand your mindset in just posting negative crap all the time.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Maybe you felt vindicated in your assertion that gear stats were trash when you saw this video and that's why you're so cynical about all of this, but I think you've taken things out of context.

I'm not trying to shit on you, you have a right to express your opinion, but the level 01 vs level 20 thing is misleading. The online portion of the game isn't going to match-make such crazy differences in level. Yeah, level 20 Joker did 31% on an enhanced gas roll to a level 01 Batman, but if that would've been a level 20 Batman, it would have done base damage (give or take a couple percents for gear set bonuses).

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
ONCE AGAIN. IM NOT SURE IF UR JUST FUCKING AROUND OR NOT BUT I REALLY AM STARTING TO THINK U HAVE SOME SORT OF DISABILITY. IF U THINK THE GEAR IS OP AND RUINS THE GAME THEN DONT FUCKING USE IT. IM ABOUT SICK OF UR SHIT. "... the worst idea to be added to any fighting game in so long. " YOU GOT TO BE YANKING MY DICK OFF. ITS MEANT FOR THE FUCKING CASUALS WHICH U CLEARLY ARE. JUST DO URSELF A FAVOR AND SHUT UR FUCKING MOUTH.
I like the way you post. I mean for a troll post its a bit upfront and lacking in the subtlety that makes true trolling great, but as a "smash and grab" style of abrasiveness it works.

Keep it up and you just might make it a style that works for you kid!!!!

Ho.
Ly.
Shit.

This post just taught me that your capslock actually does work.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Are you still keen to fap over Catwoman together?

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I love that Goonie takes off capslock for the quote.

Aramonde

Noob
This would have made the game awesome and competitivly would have added more strategy.

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Ugh Max, still spreading misinformation to the viewers as always.

That being said, you're being highly illogical as gear is meant to appeal to the casual audience. NRS is a company and they'll do what every moneymaking company will do.

We all know that gear is meant for the casual audience, so stop complaining.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
you guys have got to be kidding me...

So you are saying..

1) You will be playign online ranked matched WITH gear enabled?
2) You will also be playing and practising using Gear Moves?

Is that what you guys are saying?