What's new

Question - Hollywood Max damage from flip kick in the corner

Arzumis

Noob
Not in front of console so I cant give percentages but I Think this is more
B12 x db2 121 21u4 4 x db2 123 bd3

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Not in front of console so I cant give percentages but I Think this is more
B12 x db2 121 21u4 4 x db2 123 bd3
Pretty sure that doesn't do more damage
It does 39%
I'd rather go for b12 db2 rc 121 21u4 123 db2 rc 123 bd3 for same damage but more consistency IMO

Malarkey

"What's that? Something like underground?"
The max damage combo I've been toying with is:

Starter x DB2, f2, 121, 21u4, 21u4, 212 x DB2, B1 x DB2. You can also do run cancel 123 x DB2 instead of the final B1 x DB2.

Once you get the timing of doing F2 after the first flip kick, this can be a pretty consistent way to add 2-3 percent.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
How come Hollywood players usually end their corner combos with a flip kick rather than do less damage and end with a nut punch?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Because nut is useless, as opposed to Johnny. You only get +2 max from a big combo. You have to cut your combos uber short to get +10 from nut with cassie, which sucks.
And everyone says hollywood is god because of this, yet nobody does it in tourneys, not even SonicFox.

So, yea, unless you master instant guns, go brawler :p
You get a better knockdown than flip kick and 37% easy confirm air throw from j3 spam.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Because nut is useless, as opposed to Johnny. You only get +2 max from a big combo. You have to cut your combos uber short to get +10 from nut with cassie, which sucks.
And everyone says hollywood is god because of this, yet nobody does it in tourneys, not even SonicFox.

You get a better knockdown than flip kick and 37% easy confirm air throw from j3 spam.
This is wrong. The combo I use in corner is
Starter 121, 21u4, 4 db2, short run cancel 11 bd3

It does 39% off of f3 state and is about plus 12 of done correctly. This can guarantee b2121+2 ex guns for an extra 13%

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I see. Is that "done correctly" reliable? I haven't seen anyone use this tech in tourneys, why is that? Everyone ends in bf4 or flip.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player

If I were to learn cassie i would go brawler, but it annoys me how db2 is flip and dbf2 is command grab. I often get flip kick out instead of grab which puts me off a lot.

AK XEN0M0RPH

I see. Is that "done correctly" reliable? I haven't seen anyone use this tech in tourneys, why is that? Everyone ends in bf4 or flip.
Yes. Even if done incorrectly, you can be just plus 7 or 8 and do 212 or 21 ex guns

ryublaze

Noob

It does 39% off of f3 state and is about plus 12 of done correctly. This can guarantee b2121+2 ex guns for an extra 13%
Thanks for this I'm going to start using it. I think I got it to where you can get a free f3 too but it's kinda hard.

because you can get a guaranteed safe 50/50 and armor break if you end in flip kick.
It's not guaranteed tho cuz of delayed wake-up/tech roll. The combo @AK XEN0M0RPH posted guarantees a 50/50 while only giving up 2-3%.

AK XEN0M0RPH

Thanks for this I'm going to start using it. I think I got it to where you can get a free f3 too but it's kinda hard.

It's not guaranteed tho cuz of delayed wake-up/tech roll. The combo @AK XEN0M0RPH posted guarantees a 50/50 while only giving up 2-3%.
Thanks. I had posted these before, but everyone preferred the flip kick approach and shrugged this off

Schuyler

Noob

Is it safe? if they delay wakeup u can start using the safe jump to still get your 50/50.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
whats the best corner bnb to set up her safe jumpin or run up safe-ish 50/50 shenanigans? plz tell. i believe its the combo's that end in flip kick as well.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge

wait, how can you combo 21u4 after a grounded 121...the only think i can connect with is flip kick,

ryublaze

Noob
Is it safe? if they delay wakeup u can start using the safe jump to still get your 50/50.
If u spend a bar of meter or do f34.

The "safe jump" doesn't guarantee a 50/50. Record Cassie doing the safe jump then do a 50/50 and try to get out with wake up attack, wake-up throw, short/long delayed wake-up, armoring after short/long delay, wake-up option select, jump out, etc. Test all of these with/without tech roll. There are too many ways out.

Reactions: Jer