F43D3 F43D3 NJP F2

212 into ice bomb

NJP JIP F43D3 F2

111xxBF1 or F13xxBF1 punish

JIP B2 4 F43D3 F43D3 F2

Always use close divekick in the corner

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
How do these affect his set up game? Is there a significant change in advantage he gets from f2?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
One more plus frame
Lol +1 more? Pack it up MKX, Cyber Sub top 5.

Only reason I ask is because f2 usually hits later in its active frames (meaty) to enable the bomb set-ups. If it hits early, do the bomb set-ups still work, to the end of catching jump outs with b3? If not, I'd just handle the wake-up game differently.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Lol +1 more? Pack it up MKX, Cyber Sub top 5.

Only reason I ask is because f2 usually hits later in its active frames (meaty) to enable the bomb set-ups. If it hits early, do the bomb set-ups still work, to the end of catching jump outs with b3? If not, I'd just handle the wake-up game differently.
No remember they nerfed back three to make that impossible to do. I think you might be more plus the higher you hit them in the air with f2 though. The higher they are in the air the further f2 launches them across the screen

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Wouldn't njk or njp be the more optimal ender? I don't think f2 guarantees a bomb setup and neither does 1112.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Very nice but you are sacrificing 7% damage to hit them high in the air
Sorry I looked at it wrong. 4% sacrifice. But the sacrifice would be greater for other set ups because you need to hit them high up in the air. From the B3D4 you did afterwards you would be unable to beat the wakeup again with B3 unless you sacrificed more damage. Not certain but I think it would be more than four percent this time

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Sorry I looked at it wrong. 4% sacrifice. But the sacrifice would be greater for other set ups because you need to hit them high up in the air. From the B3D4 you did afterwards you would be unable to beat the wakeup again with B3 unless you sacrificed more damage. Not certain but I think it would be more than four percent this time
I'm usually willing to sacrifice the damage when going for a reliable set-up. If the f2 hits too low and there's no guaranteed bomb set-up like you mentioned before, I'll just use the 114 xx slide ender.

There are a lot of misconceptions about this character. He's not great, fine. But people aren't understanding why, really. It turns into a witch hunt where people think bombs aren't ever safe or that jump outs are free. Please let's just try to be open minded in the future.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I'm usually willing to sacrifice the damage when going for a reliable set-up. If the f2 hits too low and there's no guaranteed bomb set-up like you mentioned before, I'll just use the 114 xx slide ender.

There are a lot of misconceptions about this character. He's not great, fine. But people aren't understanding why, really. It turns into a witch hunt where people think bombs aren't ever safe or that jump outs are free. Please let's just try to be open minded in the future.
You're are still at a considerable advantage to your opponent going for max damage and putting out a close ice bomb. I would much rather go for full damage than sacrificing maybe 5% each combo especially when you are still in a very good position afterwards.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
You're are still at a considerable advantage to your opponent going for max damage and putting out a close ice bomb. I would much rather go for full damage than sacrificing maybe 5% each combo especially when you are still in a very good position afterwards.
Agreed. That's all my first question was about. Thanks for the help man!

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Just to hit all the bases, nothing guarantees a set-up. But there are answers to every kind of wake-up option.
My question is does f2 or 1112 guarantee a bomb getting out. Not the setup, just getting the bomb on the screen. I've been doing mostly f2 enders but not as consistently as if I were doing 1112

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
My question is does f2 or 1112 guarantee a bomb getting out. Not the setup, just getting the bomb on the screen. I've been doing mostly f2 enders but not as consistently as if I were doing 1112
This is a tricky question. The short answer is "yes."

F2, when hit high or meaty, has more advantage than 1112. I believe 114 xx bomb has even more advantage than F2 if you go that route. The risk you run (and I hesitate to say this) is that CSZ suffers the same risk the opponent does in that he either can block or jump. Options beat by throw and attack respectively.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
This is a tricky question. The short answer is "yes."

F2, when hit high or meaty, has more advantage than 1112. I believe 114 xx bomb has even more advantage than F2 if you go that route. The risk you run (and I hesitate to say this) is that CSZ suffers the same risk the opponent does in that he either can block or jump. Options beat by throw and attack respectively.
That's good to know on harder conversions because one of my go to stop the jump outs has been to mess with b2 as a way to do a htb as well as catch opponents jumping