What's new

Question - Cryomancer Matchup woes - EB

So with the new patch ive been dabbling with cryo, seeing if i like it more than I used to and Ive been having various issues id like to present to the community and get some feedback on.

Mainly playing against Erron Black my problem boils down to the age-old How do I open this guy up? If were both at neutral my options are these : b2, which if blocked im full combo punished by 21122.
B33xxhammer which if blocked leaves me open to 21122 pressure and guessing game. I can cut b33 short of the hammer and be safe, but it still leaves me open to 21.
F42, which ia safe but still pressured, f421+3 same deal, f421+3xxhammer same deal too.

So it seems like my meta comes down to baiting and whiff punishing with b2 or f42, but more often than not if he starts a 21122 string and i go to whiff punish it with either b2 or f42 and hell still have priority over me, hit me out of it, which fullcombos me etc etc.

So whats the deal here? Granted i havent grinded this matchup extensively so i dont know all the ins and outs but god damn this feels like a steep hill to climb. I can mitigate alot of his most obnoxious tools using GM but cryo is another story altogether.

KingJerm731

Psn: kingjermx
I have a lot of issues with this matchup as well. I'm a day one cryomancer main and I always have. All the pressure is insane, you're punished for anything you do and if you try to jump in you get swatted with a njp (even with ji3).