What's new

[Matchup Discussion] Cyborg vs. Batman Living Guide

[Matchup Discussion] Cyborg vs. Batman(Last edit: 10/6/2017)

The goal of this thread is to not just discuss the matchup, but to go highly in detail of nearly all possible scenarios when going against Batman and all the options against each. This thread is meant so that any Cyborg player will have a general gameplan to go through the match, so that making the right decisions whether in neutral, or under pressure, can be made. I hope that matchup threads like these will be used in other character forums to provide better detail for future matchup discussion.

Keep in mind, this is not set and stone. With patches, and further reevalutation from other Cyborg players and Batman players, this will be updated. I plan to do this for every character in the game for Cyborg, and we as a Cyborg community should go in depth for all options to have the best chance at winning. #TEAMBOOYAH

BUTTON NOTATION
1 = square,
2=triangle,
3=X,
4=circle,

XBOX
1=X
2=Y
3=A
4=B

UNDERSTANTING RANGE SYSTEM:

Range 0: (point blank range)
Range 1: (area from one backdash away)
Range 2: (area from two backdashes way)
Range 3: (area from three backdashes away)
Range 4: (area from four backdashes away)
Range 5: (area from five backdashes away)
Range 6: (Full screen, will be regarded as such)

The range system is essential to know what you as a Cyborg player should be doing or to look out for at each range of the matchup. This is to break down the matchup easier and to evaluate each option.

GENERAL GAMEPLAN SUMMARY [Subject to change]:
[TBD}

NORMALS (All notes consist at range 0)
Standing 1 [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit]

Standing 2 [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit]

Standing 3 [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/]

D1 [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit]

D2 [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit]

D3 [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/HKD]

F1 [ N/A]

F2 [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit]

F3 [x frame startup/x on block/launches on hit]

B1 [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit]

B2 [ N/A]

B3 [x frame startup/x on block/ launches on hit]

Video Reference:

STRINGS:
*asterisk means there’s a gap (hasn’t been updated, will be later after patch)

11 [X on block/X on hit/X]

112 [X on block/X on hit/X]

12 [X on block/X on hit/X]

123 [X on block/X on hit/X]

122 [X on block/X on hit/X]

b11 [X on block/X on hit/X]

b112[X on block/X on hit/X]

b113[X on block/X on hit/X]

22[X on block/X on hit/X]

223 [X on block/X on hit/X]

b23 [X on block/X on hit/X]

f23 [X on block/X on hit/X]]

SPECIALS:
Straight Grapple [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Straight Grapple MB [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Sky Grapple [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Sky Grapple MB [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Batarang [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Batarang MB [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Up Batarang [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

MB Up Batarang [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Air Scatter Bombs [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

MB Air Scatter Bombs [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Air Scatter Bombs Drop Kick [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Air Scatter Bombs Elbow Drop[x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Slide Kick [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

MB Slide Kick [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Cape Counter [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Glide Drop Kick [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

Glide Elbow Drop [x frame startup/x on block/x on hit/x]

TRAIT(X):
Summon Bats
-Description

SPECIAL CANCEL GAPS:

SUPER:
Bat of Gotham [X frames of start up/X on block/X]

Last edited:
HEALTH COMPARISON:
Cyborg: 1100 HP
Batman: 1250 HP
PROJECTILE DAMAGE COMPARISON:

TRAIT:

Nova Blast damage:
Target acquired damage:
Sonic disrupter Damage:
Kamakazie drone damage:
Ground drone damage:

Nova Blast chip:
Target Acquired chip:
Sonic Disruptor chip:
Cyborg Kamikaze chip:
Ground Roomba chip:

Last edited:
Well for certain, this MU is going to be alot better for Cyborg now! We don't have to save all of our meter for oki, or push block as much with the bats being toned down. Thanks for all your hard work with these posts. I'll contribute what info I can when I get more practice since he's my 2nd turning into my main now

Well for certain, this MU is going to be alot better for Cyborg now! We don't have to save all of our meter for oki, or push block as much with the bats being toned down. Thanks for all your hard work with these posts. I'll contribute what info I can when I get more practice since he's my 2nd turning into my main now
Good points, I actually got mopped in this matchup on stream earlier, so I plan to focus on it later. Studying for a test, so probably shouldn't be on here as much lol

Good points, I actually got mopped in this matchup on stream earlier, so I plan to focus on it later. Studying for a test, so probably shouldn't be on here as much lol
Honestly, I found that with the batman matchup (before patch) we can easily outzone him/counter zone him (better trades for us) Then with the meter we build if we do decide to go in and things dont go too well and he starts his offense, PUSHBLOCK even when he doesn't have bats. The key is to reset the neutral over and over to piss them off.

"OH he got a combo on you/reset? PERFECT, you have even more meter to block and push block again and immediately grapple away - make him work for it!"

"OH he MB rolled in after getting tired of your zoning. I READ THAT - immediately grapple. Free armor and the space you need" lol

Of course atleast getting a decent life lead helps this strategy even more so.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I got crushed by a Batman the other day. He kept throwing out Batman's B112 or B113 string (whichever one ends with the Overhead), and I couldn't deal with the rush down. Next time I'll try push blocking and grappling out more.

I got crushed by a Batman the other day. He kept throwing out Batman's B112 or B113 string (whichever one ends with the Overhead), and I couldn't deal with the rush down. Next time I'll try push blocking and grappling out more.
Yeah push blocking and grappling gaps is best. U may not be able to zone the whole match but u just gotta read his dash ins, jumps and mb rolls. I find after pushblocking if u do a jump straight novablast it’ll catch them jumping lol and u can setup TA or trait again