What's new

Match Videos and Links

G

We've put up some match videos from the recent MKII Kaillera tournament, courtesy of Konqrr, and some Colombia match video footage as well courtesy of Ninja Grinder. Thanks guys.

http://www.ultimatemk.com/vids.php

Browse through the fun.

Also, ded_ is uploading match videos to youtube of DreemerNJ vs Shock from Shock's house on Sunday in some UMK3 random select casuals. There are 10 total, and going up as we speak. Thanks ded_.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=917F29EFFC2767D0

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
it's nice to see mk2 footage in these days. good liu kang. mileena was kinda chaotic sometimes and konqrr was using well jax. there's no GF footage of that torny? it'd be cool to see how it ended.
thx for posting the Colombia matches :D those were part of a big torny last year but the moron who had all the material lost it, and just those fights could be saved. i have more umk3 matches from my 10th year anniversary torny last year in november. i'll make the trailer first and then i'll give you guys the matches. hope you enjoied these.

edit: btw, can i post these on Colombian boards?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good matches.

I asked Moe to record his MK2 matches, but it caused "bad" netplay so he didn't.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Moved. Doing some thread shifting, I just realized this was wallowing in the site updates section with no attention.

i got a question, this video was recorded on mame or something? it look very slowly or is just me?, well another question how much time ago was this video recorded?...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
All MAME for that last update, there shouldn't be any speed difference, I play arcade 360 and MAME all frequently.

that´s why the video sometimes go to slow and see that have no high level ( no ofenses) but now i see that the mame matches are crap... it look sooooo slowly, and sometimes when dreemnj jump in crossup, fail some kombos ( because the slow)...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think that has anything to do with it, there's no "slow" it's not Kaillera, just MAME at home in my house.

but, sorry ( again) no offenses, but this video have nothing special, i mean there i can see that have no high livel like others arcade matches that you have shock, and dreemnj i never see a match video of you (not this, i mean others in arcade).. just that man, btw even playing mame in the local network there are a just a little delay when you push a buttom and the answer have delay... just that, but like i said before i liked the arcade matches

dreemernj

Ambassador
rzp said:
that´s why the video sometimes go to slow and see that have no high level ( no ofenses) but now i see that the mame matches are crap... it look sooooo slowly, and sometimes when dreemnj jump in crossup, fail some kombos ( because the slow)...
Like shock said, it was running fine. Any failures to get combos or anything on my part were not because of the game. It was mostly me being rusty. Plus the fact that we were just messing around. And I think I was almost asleep a couple of times too, lol.

haha, that´s answer the reason why xD.. thanks, BTW dreemnj can i see a matchs videos of you? i like to see all matches ^_^

dreemernj

Ambassador
I don't think there are many. Shock and I did those casual matches a while back.

Before that there was ECCX and I think all those vids are on YouTube.

Before that was the previous NEC and I don't remember if those got recorded at all. I think I'd like to have the previous NEC up there since I beat out Julian that time :-P

But really, those are pretty much all the times I've played UMK3 in the last 1 to 2 years. I hate netplay with a passion so Kaillera is out. I don't have time to travel regularly for it and when I do travel it's usually to get something done that keeps me from playing too many games while I am there.

So I am just 1 big bucket of rust. Maybe once 360 gets cheaper I'll invest in that, but only after I can use a Keyboard or PSX controller or at least have button configs.

BTW, i would like to play Halo2 in Xbox, (not 360) but the buttom config and game play with the controller sucks to me, it´s there a adapter to a keyboard and mouse for the xbox and have compatibility with Halo 2

dreemernj

Ambassador
rzp said:
BTW, i would like to play Halo2 in Xbox, (not 360) but the buttom config and game play with the controller sucks to me, it´s there a adapter to a keyboard and mouse for the xbox and have compatibility with Halo 2
The controller kills halo for me.

I think that $80 thing Moe posted would do it, not sure if the game is setup to accept that input though.

All this reminds me of the good ol' days of Dreamcast. Had a Keyboard and Mouse for first person shooters. A good gun for House of the Dead. And there were a million PSX -> DC convertors and they didn't even cost a lot!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There is some footage of DreemerNJ from NEC6 in the match videos section.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If there was more information, like if you could map keys to buttons on the 360 controller so technically you could use a keyboard for UMK3 and/or for playing a fps game and the mouse emulates the analog it'd be worth $80.

I think the price is due to it being the ONLY one like it on the market right now.

Sure but it´s the same that moe said? i mean i wanted one for the "normal xbox" and not for the xbox 360, you know what i mean? also i want to know if this work for Halo2 and what it´s the name of it ... thanks:D, ok i´ll check the nec´s videos ^_^ and thanks

i think that would take the fun out of the game. not using a s controller for a fps. fighting games where made before console so, s controllers where never intended that way. i think i would be cheap to have an xfps 360 but, i will buy one to test the differnce if there is one.

rzp said:
Sure but it´s the same that moe said? i mean i wanted one for the "normal xbox" and not for the xbox 360, you know what i mean? also i want to know if this work for Halo2 and what it´s the name of it ... thanks:D, ok i´ll check the nec´s videos ^_^ and thanks

heres one for the original xbox, its on sale for $19.99. I have never tried it so I cant tell you how good it is. It says it preprogrammed for some FPS and im sure halo is one of them.

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/zz-xb-xfps

EDIT: More info released for the 360 version for people who are interested. Looks like it is customizeable.
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=12811

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So I would be able to set up a KB to any button layout I want and match up the keys to buttons on the gamepad?