What's new

Match-Up Chart for The Queen of The Green

It's not to hard for him to get in and he can play footsies pretty well, I think it's in Ivy's favor due to him having to respect trait
IDK it didn't feel that easy getting in on her and even when you're in she has the mean to deal with him since his offense isn't oppressive and she has some good footsies tool which is the thing that usually screw Robin

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Cheetah - Ivy is 5/5

Firestorm - Ivy is 6/4
No way is cheetah even. Ivy loses that. She doesn’t get bodied but cheetah definitely has the advantage. Her air mobility is crazy and her damage surpasses Ivy’s. She also bullies her with oki.
Nah, deadshot is Def harder and Supergirl maybe. We outzone arrow and he's forced to respect trait. If u have a very good explanation on how Ivy beats WoWo please explain, cuz I feel it's 5-5
well a lot of WoWo’s gameplan is sitting back and using shield toss. She can’t do that against Ivy since she’ll be zoning her. Also, shield toss gets punished anywhere on the screen by drill unless she MBs it (which can still be punished by b2 if close enough). Same with the air shield toss. It’s good to get around the zoning but if blocked, it’s punished.

The ground game is in Ivy’s favor but wowo can play it better than most, especially if she gets the air dash. WoWo has a really good walkspeed too so it’s easy for her to deal with the zoning and play footsies. The only reason why I have it slightly in Ivy’s favor is due to the zoning and shield toss punishes.

It basically like the Aqua MU, but WoWo has way more tools to help out, but it’s still not quite enough

Basically, wowo has the tools to deal with Ivy well, but ivy can still contest her with it and make it tough.

Last edited:

AkioOf100

I play Raph
It's not to hard for him to get in and he can play footsies pretty well, I think it's in Ivy's favor due to him having to respect trait
I sorta agree because I used to main robin at launch and I just used his air db2 to fly right in. And it's relatively safe.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
No way is cheetah even. Ivy loses that. She doesn’t get bodied but cheetah definitely has the advantage. Her air mobility is crazy and her damage surpasses Ivy’s. She also bullies her with oki.

well a lot of WoWo’s gameplan is sitting back and using shield toss. She can’t do that against Ivy since she’ll be zoning her. Also, shield toss gets punished anywhere on the screen by drill unless she MBs it (which can still be punished by b2 if close enough). Same with the air shield toss. It’s good to get around the zoning but if blocked, it’s punished.

The ground game is in Ivy’s favor but wowo can play it better than most, especially if she gets the air dash. WoWo has a really good walkspeed too so it’s easy for her to deal with the zoning and play footsies. The only reason why I have it slightly in Ivy’s favor is due to the zoning and shield toss punishes.

It basically like the Aqua MU, but WoWo has way more tools to help out, but it’s still not quite enough

Basically, wowo has the tools to deal with Ivy well, but ivy can still contest her with it and make it tough.
The air mobility does hardly anything in the matchup and the oki thing is a bill. Cheetah has strong oki against nearly every character. Not to mention Cheetahs wake-up is one of the worst against long range characters, ivy can step back and just bully with B2.

Ivy dominates the ground and her plus frames force cheetah to make a read to get out and back dash gets beat clean by b2 mid screen. Once cornered cheetah has to plus block the chip pressure like most with 7f d1s and cheetah needs meter.

You should introduce yourself to ivy's jp2 (double kick one) to defend against aerial aggression, its super strong even beats out/trades with divekick. You smell a jump coming from cheetah you air to air with that for a full combo.

Once both characters understand their options its very even and becomes a game of reads (how it should be) rather than cheetah jumping around doing what she wants.

LoneWolfXX_

"The Queen of The Green"
IDK it didn't feel that easy getting in on her and even when you're in she has the mean to deal with him since his offense isn't oppressive and she has some good footsies tool which is the thing that usually screw Robin
yeah, i do think it leans in Ivy's favor but he can definitely do well but because of ivy's trait I think she has the edge

LoneWolfXX_

"The Queen of The Green"

Ok, yeah ill have to play against more Good WoWo's then.

LoneWolfXX_

"The Queen of The Green"
The air mobility does hardly anything in the matchup and the oki thing is a bill. Cheetah has strong oki against nearly every character. Not to mention Cheetahs wake-up is one of the worst against long range characters, ivy can step back and just bully with B2.

Ivy dominates the ground and her plus frames force cheetah to make a read to get out and back dash gets beat clean by b2 mid screen. Once cornered cheetah has to plus block the chip pressure like most with 7f d1s and cheetah needs meter.

You should introduce yourself to ivy's jp2 (double kick one) to defend against aerial aggression, its super strong even beats out/trades with divekick. You smell a jump coming from cheetah you air to air with that for a full combo.

Once both characters understand their options its very even and becomes a game of reads (how it should be) rather than cheetah jumping around doing what she wants.
Against a smart Cheetah that uses her leaps very wisely, that j2 can get punished by a close or mid primal lunge into db2 when a cheetah baits it. Her oki destroys Ivy and she outdamages her. I really dont see how this mu could even be close to even. Its definitely 6-4 Cheetah

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Against a smart Cheetah that uses her leaps very wisely, that j2 can get punished by a close or mid primal lunge into db2 when a cheetah baits it. Her oki destroys Ivy and she outdamages her. I really dont see how this mu could even be close to even. Its definitely 6-4 Cheetah
Why would do a jp2 at fullscreen against Cheetah? At fullscreen can just chill and hold back, Cheetah wants you to whiff a button or try something so she can react with divekick. When at fullscreen you stay there and buy time for trait. Once at midrange B2 destroys her, she can't dive-kick it on-reaction due to its low profiling so she has to just yolo dive-kick preemptively which is a risk.

Her Oki doesn't destroy Ivy as she has no un-reactable mix besides command grab which is a full combo punish if you keep mixing up your stance. I disagree that she out damages Ivy as well, Ivy does great damage on Cheetah (bad defence) into restand, with plus frame pressure and completely controls her in the corner.

It is a dead even match-up.

LoneWolfXX_

"The Queen of The Green"
Why would do a jp2 at fullscreen against Cheetah? At fullscreen can just chill and hold back, Cheetah wants you to whiff a button or try something so she can react with divekick. When at fullscreen you stay there and buy time for trait. Once at midrange B2 destroys her, she can't dive-kick it on-reaction due to its low profiling so she has to just yolo dive-kick preemptively which is a risk.

Her Oki doesn't destroy Ivy as she has no un-reactable mix besides command grab which is a full combo punish if you keep mixing up your stance. I disagree that she out damages Ivy as well, Ivy does great damage on Cheetah (bad defence) into restand, with plus frame pressure and completely controls her in the corner.

It is a dead even match-up.
srry, I just don't see it :(

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I wouldn’t say it hardly does anything. She’s constantly in the air, which means no zoning. She completely avoids drills and Yoshi, which are 2 of Ivy’s strongest tools. Her oki isn’t a bill against Ivy. Yea, her dp is a bad wakeup but let’s not forget about Ivy’s lol. The same way Ivy can use oki against cheetah is the same way cheetah can use oki against Ivy, and cheetah’s oki is better.
What plus frames? The biggest plus frames she has are +2 frame traps, and those are from 2(which is a high), 3(which is a 19(?)f mid), and f3(good but can be scouted). After that, her only plus frames are +1. Even after +2, she can’t follow up with ANYTHING except a d1, which is 7f so you can definitely disrespect. Ivy does have the better footsies tho. I’ll give you that. And Ivy is bomb in the corner but so is cheetah. If cheetah gets her in the corner, it’s almost a GG. Ivy doesn’t have the tools to get out the corner at all.
O trust me, I know about j2 lol. I use that a lot. It’s a really good air to air and it works somewhat with cheetah. I’m pretty sure dive beats it tho most of the time

I’m not trying to sound like a dick when I say this, but do you play any of the characters? And if you do, do you play any good ones in the MU? I’m not saying cheetah bodies her and I’m not saying she’s helpless. I’m just saying cheetah does have the advantage in most cases.

If you have PS4, I’ll play you if you wanna run it

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Agree with Supergirl. I have it at 6-4 because when she lands a hit, it's hard to get her off & get the advantage.

Ivy imo struggles because of Supergirl's air & grounded neutral for the most part. I do fear getting smacked by her though.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I wouldn’t say it hardly does anything. She’s constantly in the air, which means no zoning. She completely avoids drills and Yoshi, which are 2 of Ivy’s strongest tools. Her oki isn’t a bill against Ivy. Yea, her dp is a bad wakeup but let’s not forget about Ivy’s lol. The same way Ivy can use oki against cheetah is the same way cheetah can use oki against Ivy, and cheetah’s oki is better.

What plus frames? The biggest plus frames she has are +2 frame traps, and those are from 2(which is a high), 3(which is a 19(?)f mid), and f3(good but can be scouted). After that, her only plus frames are +1. Even after +2, she can’t follow up with ANYTHING except a d1, which is 7f so you can definitely disrespect. Ivy does have the better footsies tho. I’ll give you that. And Ivy is bomb in the corner but so is cheetah. If cheetah gets her in the corner, it’s almost a GG. Ivy doesn’t have the tools to get out the corner at all.

O trust me, I know about j2 lol. I use that a lot. It’s a really good air to air and it works somewhat with cheetah. I’m pretty sure dive beats it tho most of the time

I’m not trying to sound like a dick when I say this, but do you play any of the characters? And if you do, do you play any good ones in the MU? I’m not saying cheetah bodies her and I’m not saying she’s helpless. I’m just saying cheetah does have the advantage in most cases.

If you have PS4, I’ll play you if you wanna run it
Your first line is where you are losing. Cheetah doesn't have float and can't avoid the trait without doing something yolo. For instance after you activate trait and Cheetah is always fullscreen lunging to try to counter just MB b3 for a full punish. If she mid/short lunges check her with a b2 as she lands, if Cheetah gets too predictable doing short and mid lunges throw in a F3, obviously she can divekick but you can also cancel the f3 into backdash make it whiff and start your own pressure with trait support you. If she isn't fullscreen lunging and you have trait out she will land and will try to desperately jump again; this is where instant jp2 comes in or you can just keep holding back and play lame.

The plus frames means cheetah has to hold pressure, you keep this pressure by checking with d1 then going for even more pressure. Cheetah can backdash the d1 but gets caught clean by a b2, which is where the mind game steps in. Cheetah can beat a B2 with her own d1 but the damage payoff unless trait is active is low. (less than 200 with no meter). Once she is in, Ivy has Datura cancels to keep mixing up pressure options and can obviously toss the odd grab out aswell.

Their corner games are both strong on eachother and usually spell the round if it happens.

I'm no Ivy up-player, I'm dead certain she is bottom 5 free. But Cheetah beating her 6-4 is a total bill.

I'm going to have to go against the grain a little and say that I believe Starfire vs Poison Ivy is even or very close to it.

For a start, one of Starfire's key standout strengths is her chip damage potential - getting even one or two Bark Skins off per match puts a big dent in that and especially if you have a life lead can make it very irritating for her to make a comeback.

At close-to-mid range Ivy holds her own too. Their d1s are both effective in different ways - Starfire's is 1 frame faster and gets her much better meterless damage if background bounces aren't involved. Meanwhile, Ivy's has a bit more range and gets her better damage with meter or with a background bounce nearby. Starfire's standing 3 also isn't as useful as it is in many other matchups, because Ivy's b2 is faster AND has more range, and standing 3's high profiling ability doesn't matter as much because Ivy rarely uses low attacks anyway lol.

Thirdly, Starfire doesn't actually have much answer to combined trait + drill despite her zoning prowess. Obviously you can't just call out trait for free against her, but if the opportunity presents and you're up on life... yeah.

Basically whoever gets a significant life lead first is very likely to win.

LoneWolfXX_

"The Queen of The Green"
I'm going to have to go against the grain a little and say that I believe Starfire vs Poison Ivy is even or very close to it.

For a start, one of Starfire's key standout strengths is her chip damage potential - getting even one or two Bark Skins off per match puts a big dent in that and especially if you have a life lead can make it very irritating for her to make a comeback.

At close-to-mid range Ivy holds her own too. Their d1s are both effective in different ways - Starfire's is 1 frame faster and gets her much better meterless damage if background bounces aren't involved. Meanwhile, Ivy's has a bit more range and gets her better damage with meter or with a background bounce nearby. Starfire's standing 3 also isn't as useful as it is in many other matchups, because Ivy's b2 is faster AND has more range, and standing 3's high profiling ability doesn't matter as much because Ivy rarely uses low attacks anyway lol.

Thirdly, Starfire doesn't actually have much answer to combined trait + drill despite her zoning prowess. Obviously you can't just call out trait for free against her, but if the opportunity presents and you're up on life... yeah.

Basically whoever gets a significant life lead first is very likely to win.
i could see that, but as of rn i need to learn the mu better