What's new

Manta v Supergirl living MU thread

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Let's start discussing this. These are the things I know so far.

db1 is f3 punishable on block.

Teleport can be reacted to very easily with jump back j2 or blocked for a nj2 punish. Either way, we make her hurt for it.

b123 isn't very effective in general except as a footsie tool. As soon as you establish a reversal throw game and they have to start making backdash reads, I feel like the SG player is less inclined to use it especially since backdashes are blown up by f21 into combo.

SG's answers to flight cancel pressure are suspect.

Her d1 is fucking stupid.

What's anyone elses thoughts/observations?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Punishing her DB1 with a raw B3 F3 is everyone's dream but Supergirl players are gonna crush them because they will just MB it into J1 so then you will get punished for wanting to punish it correctly. So just punish with an a2a. We all learned the hardway lul

myri

Time Warrior
Punishing her DB1 with a raw B3 F3 is everyone's dream but Supergirl players are gonna crush them because they will just MB it into J1 so then you will get punished for wanting to punish it correctly. So just punish with an a2a. We all learned the hardway lul
Not on block, her db1 can't be meterburned on block, only on hit or whiff, you get your guaranteed punish every time.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
She can't MB it on block

Also, you can't reversal grab her after b123 she can backdash and jumo. If she jumps, you're getting punished

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
She can't MB it on block

Also, you can't reversal grab her after b123 she can backdash and jumo. If she jumps, you're getting punished
I acknowledged that, you either d1 or f21 after they've adapted to the throws.