Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Mk Deception

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Mortal Kombat 4

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
For some reason, I personally loved the game. The announcers voice, the stages, and the costumes. In fact this is considered a very classic game. I highly think netherealm studios should include the elder god stage, the living forest, Reiko's Lair, Mk4 skins for each character. Making the backround music of those stages having a similar touch to Mk4. You get what i'm saying? even though this is a very old game, it would not hurt for them to really try bringing back the style of that game in ways they could not do before. Unreal engine 3 and engine 4 did not even exist during the old days. Sure, the 3D Era games were pretty cool and I don't understand why they wouldn't do something like this. If you want me to be honest, mortal kombat x had it's stages and they were okay. But were they something that made me go " Woooow" sadly no. Something about it felt pretty bland, maybe the downgrade of the colors I don't really know.

Xelz

Go over there!
IMHO opinion, while they had game modes and characters I'd love to see return, I can't think of an aesthetic from the 3D era that I'd prefer over MK1, 2 or 3. I completely agree with your point about MKX stages. The only stand out stages besides the return of The Pit was The Kove and a pretty cool training room concept.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
They should bring back that game over screen where you fall through the well for 10 seconds with the creepy music.

Maybe some costumes? None really stick out to me from MK4

Edit: Actually if Reptile makes it in, give him his awful MK4 costume

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
While I remember playing UMK3 on my Dad's genesis, 4 was the one that sunk it's hooks into me. That damned gave over screen lol.

If any visual aesthetic came back I'd prefer it to be MK4, but those are the Dark Age games. Anything lumped into that weird Mythologies-Special Forces era is. Honestly I think DA/Deception has more fans.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
The only stand out stages besides the return of The Pit was The Kove and a pretty cool training room concept.
Dead Woods was my shit. I loved the Kove too but everything else was too brown and muted.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I wasn't one of the people that got hyped about games in general going into 3d. Not many made them look good at the time. I liked the art style of mortal kombat and they made it look like shit to make it 3d. That's how I saw mk4 at the time, it's the only mortal kombat I have never owned on a console lol. I played it sometimes on an arcade machine but I never spent much so I can't really speak on it. The links up there to the mk4 music are good though, I liked them. I think the music for mk fell off around deception, it hasn't been the same since.

When deadly alliance and deception came out I started to like 3d more. Some designs were the best and worst ever lol. I didn't like the 3d renditions of classic stages. Besides maybe the armory, it was cheesy but I liked it.

So if I had to pick one i'd say deadly alliance. The music was still good, it looked better with the 3d knowledge under NRS belt, it was fun could be played at the house with friends. I liked Deception too but I wasn't a fan of the music.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You cannot discredit MKD... no one can. It was the first game that took Mortal Kombat online and it was vital for our community.

I have so many memories of MKD... late night clan wars... amazing players from back then... in a time where YouTube really didn't even exist yet.

Mortal kombat 4 was my first mortal kombat and I love it, but i just can't pick it over deception. I know deception is 3d and *now* I don't like 3d fighters, but as a kid I didn't care. I absolutely love and adore deception in almost every way.